Jailbreaking iPod Touch 3G

Everything else in here
This topic is 13 years and 11 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Rapt0r

Re: Jailbreaking iPod Touch 3G

Postby Rapt0r » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:22 pm

I've edited my hostfiles a billion times and still no luck.

What version of iTunes are you running? What Model is yours? Did it ship with 3.1.3?
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:29 pm

Rapt0r wrote:How and link? EVERYTHING I've found shows that the 3G 32GB+ models of the iPod Touch 3G are not currently able to be jailbroken

"Not being able to jailbreak" means in this case, not a successful jailbreak. Sure, you'll be able to download apps and customize your iPod for free, but it's tethered, like stated above. You'll have to plug your iPod into the computer every time you shut it off or the battery dies. My friend has the same iPod as you and it always shut off randomly, so he would be without his iPod for a few hours until he was able to revive it with a restore. Apple is trying to stop jailbreaking with spontaneous updates, so always make sure to research the update first. If an update says, "Various bug fixes" this probably is just another go at stopping the jailbreak from functioning.

This forum provides great help with Jailbreaking, themes, Cydia, etc.

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/for ... .php?f=135
Can we get this forum going again?
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:35 pm

What does that response have anything do with what I posted? I never updated my iPod. it was shipped with 3.1.3 which can not currently be jailbroken and you have to downgrade but you cannot downgrade the iPod Touch 3G 32gb and 64 gb models that shipped with 3.1.3. No one here has yet to prove this otherwise.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:39 pm

Rapt0r wrote:What does that response have anything do with what I posted? I never updated my iPod. it was shipped with 3.1.3 which can not currently be jailbroken and you have to downgrade but you cannot downgrade the iPod Touch 3G 32gb and 64 gb models that shipped with 3.1.3. No one here has yet to prove this otherwise.

They're tips, jackass. This link is a place where you can get help on this type of situation, and where you can be updated UNTIL you CAN jailbreak the 32GB.

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/for ... .php?f=135
Can we get this forum going again?
Tormann71

Postby Tormann71 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:22 pm

Rapt0r wrote:What does that response have anything do with what I posted? I never updated my iPod. it was shipped with 3.1.3 which can not currently be jailbroken and you have to downgrade but you cannot downgrade the iPod Touch 3G 32gb and 64 gb models that shipped with 3.1.3. No one here has yet to prove this otherwise.

Sorry, must've missed that. Mine didn't ship with 3.1.3, I think it shipped with 3.1.2.
blah.
felixdaman18

Postby felixdaman18 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:35 pm

I told you not to buy 3g in the other thread
what did you do? you bought a 3g. 8gig also? what a ****.
Add me on XBL
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:49 pm

I just saw that someone put up a fake Blackra1n somewhere that will 'jailbreak the latest ipod touches' so be on the watch for that and don't fall for it, It does some nasty sh|t to your ipod.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:05 pm

Just download it from blackra1n.com.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:18 pm

Who said anything about buying 8gb? I have the 32gb. There is NO 8gb 3G iPod Touch. The 8gb being marketed right now as a 3G iPod Touch is actually a re-issued 2G iPod.
googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:23 am

wow rapt0r...

Looked back through this thread, you have been pretty damn rude to those trying to help you..

What gives? Sure people may not have the right answer for you but they took time to at least look or post here..
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:00 am

I have been watching this thread. I have recently aquired the 8gb iPod touch "3g". I have been wondering how to jailbreak it . With some reading i have done, i can do a teathered jailbreak because it has 3.1.3 on it. Im still sorta confused on whether i can downgrade it to do a proper jailbreak or whether i can do a full jailbreak from the way it sits. :confused:
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:22 am

I'm not really trying to be rude but having to keep reiterating the same facts to people gets pretty annoying.

You have to downgrade to 3.1.2 before you can jailbreak. Download iPod Touch 2G 3.1.2 firmware from here http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/. Put your iPod in recovery mode by turning off. Hold the home button for 10 seconds and then plug it in while still holding the home button until the connect to itunes screen shows up. Open iTunes and it'll tell you that you have to recover it before you can use it (you could unplug it and let it sit for a few and it'll go back to normal if something goes wrong at this step). hold down shift and click recover. You have to hold shift or otherwise it'll just recover to the latest firmware. select the iPod Touch 2G 3.1.2 ipsw file you downloaded earlier and everything should go through.
The one and only
1Eddy213

Postby 1Eddy213 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:19 am

If you have a 3rd gen don't go through all the trouble to jailbreak it, just wait for OS 4.0, it has alot of awesome features. But if you really want to I would recommend watching this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ1OlBGZ10M
related videos will help you even more.

ImageImage
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:23 am

1Eddy213 wrote:If you have a 3rd gen don't go through all the trouble to jailbreak it, just wait for OS 4.0, it has alot of awesome features. But if you really want to I would recommend watching this video

>OS 4.0

Sure is ads in all of my apps

Also, why would I switch to OS 4.0 (which you'll probably have to pay for anyway) when I could jailbreak 3.1.3 once the tools are released and have access to thousands of apps only available through Cydia for FREE? I don't even have to mention that I'll be able to get all of the apps from the app store for free too and I'll have multitasking and I can use something other than iTunes to manage my ipod. If OS 4.0 can give me this, I'm sold.
Tormann71

Postby Tormann71 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:54 am

Rapt0r wrote:
1Eddy213 wrote:If you have a 3rd gen don't go through all the trouble to jailbreak it, just wait for OS 4.0, it has alot of awesome features. But if you really want to I would recommend watching this video

>OS 4.0

Sure is ads in all of my apps

Also, why would I switch to OS 4.0 (which you'll probably have to pay for anyway) when I could jailbreak 3.1.3 once the tools are released and have access to thousands of apps only available through Cydia for FREE? I don't even have to mention that I'll be able to get all of the apps from the app store for free too and I'll have multitasking and I can use something other than iTunes to manage my ipod. If OS 4.0 can give me this, I'm sold.

Judging by this, http://www.quickpwn.com/2010/04/jailbre ... eta-1.html, OS 4.0 will be jailbreakable pretty easily.

Return to “Off-Topic”