Tempo Mapping

Everything else in here
This topic is 14 years and 1 week old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: Tempo Mapping

Postby raynebc » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:14 pm

Nathaniel607 wrote:What? You mean like when they make it out of gold, and use EM shielding? Sorta like... THIS

I meant exactly what I said. The same principals apply to electrical signaling for other things such as network cabling. If the shielding or inner wiring is sufficiently poor, there will be noticeable impact due to the signal being altered from source to destination.

Nathaniel607 wrote:No. It's stupid to suggest ANYONE could hear a millesecond change over 2 to 3 minutes of music. Just stupid.

You could also say say that it's impossible that somebody could memorize pi to several tens of thousands of digits, but that would also make you wrong. Just because you can't do something, it doesn't make it right to claim nobody could. Quit being so stupid.

Nathaniel607 wrote:No, it's not illogical, it's truthful and I'm only putting it out as it may be the reason.

Once again, you have made wild claims and failed to prove any of them. That is how to lose an argument.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:58 am

raynebc wrote:
vedicardi wrote:You'd have to be an idiot to think there is a difference in quality between a $10 and $50 cable. The only difference is durability.

Shielding and metal conductivity/purity come to my mind.

Yeah usually that only comes into place in a range higher than $50 though which is why I said that range

-- Edit: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:02 pm --

Nathaniel607 wrote:
Wait a minute. Doesn't that prove that you're talking out your arse? If I vinyl is ripped to mp3, then it's DIGITAL. The only thing you might hear is the scratch, probably depending on the ripping method.

Look, the point is, you can't PROVE you can hear a difference. It just seems irrelevant, over the top and stupid to me.

And yeah, what timfoss said.

Can you prove that no one can hear a difference? What is your point?

A variety of elements aren't compressed out of the MP3 because of the process by which vinyls are ripped to MP3, which keeps key elements that standard MP3 compression would on a CD or otherwise. It sounds much more rich in every aspect.

http://uploads.mailboxdrive.com/02%20Wr ... 20Crew.mp3

The intro alone blows away other form of the song out on the internet in terms of quality.

-- Edit: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:05 pm --

timfoss wrote:
vedicardi wrote:I can tell when a tempo is dropping or increasing slightly, I can hear the difference between a vinyl and an MP3, or even a CD, and a certainly can tell you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to either of these things.

When a song is treated for a static BPM, it ISN'T a noticeable change, I guarantee you. it it stretched and shrunk by a fraction of a millisecond, no human can hear it. I could line up a couple songs and nobody could find the one that has had this done to it.

again, only like one or two bands have ever done that, and sure you have a fair case there. However, you're charting for MORE THAN ONE BAND though, right? So what does it matter?

In other words, since only one or two bands do that, who gives a ****. I'm talking about every other song out there. And how do you even know that no one could find that? You're just talking out your ass.
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
timfloss, apparently
timfoss

Postby timfoss » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:13 am

vedicardi wrote:again, only like one or two bands have ever done that, and sure you have a fair case there. However, you're charting for MORE THAN ONE BAND though, right? So what does it matter?

In other words, since only one or two bands do that, who gives a ****. I'm talking about every other song out there. And how do you even know that no one could find that? You're just talking out your ass.

No, you seem to misunderstand. Only one or two bands THAT I'M WORKING WITH have done that. Many many more bands have, just not the others I in particular are working with.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:45 am

Examples and source of these claims.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:29 am

raynebc wrote:You could also say say that it's impossible that somebody could memorize pi to several tens of thousands of digits, but that would also make you wrong. Just because you can't do something, it doesn't make it right to claim nobody could. Quit being so stupid.

Seriously? Hahahah! Why do you even consider that possible? Thats just stupid. Quit being so stupid. Of course people can remember stuff, but sensing a change so freaking miniscule as ONE MILLISECOND in TWO MINUTES. Thats just goddamn stupid.

raynebc wrote:Once again, you have made wild claims and failed to prove any of them. That is how to lose an argument.

I'm not making wild claims. I'm telling you why I might fail to hear the changes, and giving you an excuse - I can't hear them but I'm just admitting some other people might.

Also, you're not doing much in the way of proving things. You're just saying a bunch of stuff.

vedicardi wrote:Can you prove that no one can hear a difference? What is your point?

No, I can't. But thats not how proving usually works. You're the one with something to prove.

vedicardi wrote:http://uploads.mailboxdrive.com/02%20Wr ... 20Crew.mp3

The intro alone blows away other form of the song out on the internet in terms of quality.

What was that? It sounds just as clear as anything I listen to. If not a bit less due to age.

Seriously. What was it? A viniyl rip? An MP3? Why did you post it?
Awesome Drum Charter
anthman852

Postby anthman852 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:23 am

Nathaniel...shut up while your behind.
I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:37 am

anthman852 wrote:Nathaniel...shut up while your behind.

Oh, look it you! Siding with the person most people agree with. I bet you didn't even read my damn post.

It's a freaking lost cause. May as well give up I suppose. It's that stupid effect people get on the internet - they only hear stuff they want to hear. No matter what I said no one would change their opinion - which works vice-versa with me. Unless someone showed me some proof that people could actually hear a millesecond change in a two minute song, I'd never believe it. Whatever, I guess I'll just give up on this thread since most everyone is just ganging up on me.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:47 am

Nathaniel607 wrote:

Oh, look it you! Siding with the person most people agree with. I bet you didn't even read my damn post.

It's a freaking lost cause. May as well give up I suppose. It's that stupid effect people get on the internet - they only hear stuff they want to hear. No matter what I said no one would change their opinion - which works vice-versa with me. Unless someone showed me some proof that people could actually hear a millesecond change in a two minute song, I'd never believe it. Whatever, I guess I'll just give up on this thread since most everyone is just ganging up on me.

>obviously losing debate
>calls everyone else stupid
>says he'll give up on this thread (he'll be back on the next reply)
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
MtB Enthusiast
Shizzy1427

Postby Shizzy1427 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:53 am

Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:58 am

Who gave you that picture of me?

Nah, this is me

Spoiler:Image

googlyboogly
iamsensay

Postby iamsensay » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:01 am

Haha, you guys can be right **** sometimes :2thumbsup: :laugh:

Nathaniel, for what it's worth i think you have a point but you havent argued it to well. :unsure:
Maartah

Postby Maartah » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:28 am

Maybe he does, but IT'S JUST STUPID never won an argument. And it's all he's saying. I can't prove people can hear the difference, but I know for a fact that my father can hear the smallest tempo changes and quality differences. I don't see how it's so hard to understand. His loss.
My Youtube Page!
KenshinHimuraRK wrote:beards are f*cking awesome.

vedicardi wrote:what did you do after you literally sh1t your pants
MtB Enthusiast
Shizzy1427

Postby Shizzy1427 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:31 am

Rapt0r wrote:Who gave you that picture of me?

Nah, this is me

Spoiler:Image

Hahah i love that!
Awesome Drum Charter
anthman852

Postby anthman852 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:36 am

Nathaniel607 wrote:

I bet you didn't even read my damn post.

oh darn you caught me...I just love making random posts.
NNdimethyltryptamine
Electro Tomato

Postby Electro Tomato » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:08 pm

Nathaniel607 wrote:Also, you're not doing much in the way of proving things. You're just saying a bunch of stuff.

:rolleyes:

--------iEdit (brought to you by Apple)-----------

Just because YOU can't do something doesn't mean nobody can.

Return to “Off-Topic”