Games you wanna see happen

Everything else in here
This topic is 5 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Rapt0r

Re: Games you wanna see happen

Postby Rapt0r » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:51 pm

AFAIK, it went nowhere. I'm really looking forward to Perfect Dark XBLA. I hope to **** god I have money by then to buy it. It's only going to be 800 points too!
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:37 am

Rapt0r wrote:AFAIK, it went nowhere.

Shame. The demo I downloaded way back when was brilliant.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:07 am

It was ok. It just felt like Half Life 2: Deathmatch with Perfect Dark weapons.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Spikehead777

Postby Spikehead777 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:02 pm

Star Fox Wii
Wario's Woods remake (not some VC version)
4 player Tetris Attack remake
Mario Party 9
Guitar Hero 4
Resident Evil 6
Yoshi's Island/Story 2
Phantasy Star Online 2 or something

Yeah...
PM me for my Wii or DS Friend Codes.

http://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38434 My Wii GH:WT Guitar and Drum GlovePIE script. Also supports GH3 guitars!
Since "DragonFail" "sucks" so much, I won't post anything related or about them any longer.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:50 pm

There is a second Yoshi's Island game for DS. It's terrible though.

Why is everything in this thread a remake/sequel? How about some new games or ideas?
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:22 pm

I had an idea for a game that involved a time travel aspect, not like Majora's Mask or anything like that. If you went back to point 1 in the game, you could see your character's "ghost" performing the tasks you did at that point. It gets messy to explain beyond that...
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:25 pm

Jama7301 wrote:I had an idea for a game that involved a time travel aspect, not like Majora's Mask or anything like that. If you went back to point 1 in the game, you could see your character's "ghost" performing the tasks you did at that point. It gets messy to explain beyond that...

Time Slip, Yaroze game on the PS.
Last edited by crazy.neo on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:20 pm

Jama, you reminded me: I actually had an idea for a game involving time travel a while back, and it involved your save files. You see, in the context of the game, your save files are snapshots of time that you can travel back to, to do things over. Your "time machine" is set to take snapshots after specific tasks are completed (autosaves) or you can snapshot whenever you like. It is also rigged to automatically trigger a travel back to your last snapshot should your vital signs get critical (i.e. you die and go back to your last save).

Now, the catch to this is that at some point or another, the bad guy gets his hands on a time machine and starts going back in time and changing things in order to complete his nefarious deeds. Which means your whole environment changes instantly, and to "fix" things, you have to load one of your old saves / autosaves and play through that section again with things changed by the bad guy, making that level almost completely different.
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:44 pm

death_au wrote:Jama, you reminded me: I actually had an idea for a game involving time travel a while back, and it involved your save files. You see, in the context of the game, your save files are snapshots of time that you can travel back to, to do things over. Your "time machine" is set to take snapshots after specific tasks are completed (autosaves) or you can snapshot whenever you like. It is also rigged to automatically trigger a travel back to your last snapshot should your vital signs get critical (i.e. you die and go back to your last save).

Now, the catch to this is that at some point or another, the bad guy gets his hands on a time machine and starts going back in time and changing things in order to complete his nefarious deeds. Which means your whole environment changes instantly, and to "fix" things, you have to load one of your old saves / autosaves and play through that section again with things changed by the bad guy, making that level almost completely different.

that would sound like an epic game.
Image Image
Image Image

Amak11 wrote:haha, if only you were of age
tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:55 pm

Dude, Death, that's awesome! Game needs to exist.
Welcome to an internet message board, where every answer comes with a free side of sarcasm or criticism. Enjoy your stay.
Power Quest's #1 Fan
omfgdrphl

Postby omfgdrphl » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:22 pm

I want to see some game where you and a bunch of people are holed up in a huge destructible building, and you have a bunch of barricades that you have 5 minutes to set up before the enemies come in. Their goal is to get "the flag" from the very center of the building, which is only reachable by destroying 4 things on each floor of the building, but these things can be repaired... unless the whole room has been cleared of them. And there's maybe 5 floors or so until you reach the bottom floor with the flag, and they have to go aaalll the way back to the surface once they get it. A game like that would be amazing. *_*
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:28 pm

I just want to see a game that im actually very good at. Except Grand Theft Auto or Guitar Hero (And by Guitar Hero, i meant FoFiX...)
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:34 pm

Sounds like a Tower Defense game.

I want a real zombie survival game, one that actually creeps me out a bit.
I mean L4D is fun. But somehow I need something harder, deeper... (Not RE, something faster than RE)
Prolly a Zombie shooter where there's a way longer road to the safe house, one were you can accomplish missions by going inside buildings, getting out, defending a safe house. Stronger zombies. More infected variety, crazy people with guns. Mutant animals. Either 1 survivor, or at least more than 4 characters. A better variety of weapons, with major differences like damage, speed, range, combat style. Being able to carry more sorts of weapons.
A game that can (in secs) change from a FP combat style to a 3rd person combat when you can actually button mash and kick zombies ass. Climbing walls to run away from monsters would be cool too.
I guess it would be much to ask for a decent game. :/
Oh and also, no stops between Major safehouses like L4D, Just one big mission. Maybe checkpoints so it isn't maybe way too hard... or not.
Huzzah!
R4L

Postby R4L » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:30 pm

I have a new game I would like to see happen soon.

MY GAME. Which Jama kinda correctly guessed on accident some of the game mechanics.

[/shamelessadvert]

Sig disabled. ~nwru
Shredder
Scutch-Nukem

Postby Scutch-Nukem » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 pm

death_au wrote:Jama, you reminded me: I actually had an idea for a game involving time travel a while back, and it involved your save files. You see, in the context of the game, your save files are snapshots of time that you can travel back to, to do things over. Your "time machine" is set to take snapshots after specific tasks are completed (autosaves) or you can snapshot whenever you like. It is also rigged to automatically trigger a travel back to your last snapshot should your vital signs get critical (i.e. you die and go back to your last save).

*steals idea and sends it to either Valve/Blizzard/Nintendo or Bethesda*
If you can read this then you've gone too far.

Return to “Off-Topic”