Games you wanna see happen

Everything else in here
This topic is 5 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Rapt0r

Re: Games you wanna see happen

Postby Rapt0r » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:42 am

If you loved X, should X be good enough to make up for X-2? Why bother making another (direct) game of the same series if it's unnecessary? That alone will guarantee the game to be bad.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
timfloss, apparently
timfoss

Postby timfoss » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:05 am

Rapt0r wrote:If you loved X, should X be good enough to make up for X-2? Why bother making another (direct) game of the same series if it's unnecessary? That alone will guarantee the game to be bad.

No, I want more lol. I get bored playing the same game over and over again, it's nice to have sequels.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:22 am

>implying a sequel isn't the same game over and over again
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:27 am

Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't.
But a good part 3 and rescue a bad part 2 and make the part 2 worth it. I hated the matrix movies for not doing that. I have in my head a basic plot for the third that would have made the second not (as) crap.
But I digress, that's a movie I'd like to see happen, not a game.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:02 pm

How can a good part 3 make it worth playing part 2 if part 2 terrible and unenjoyable? That's like getting a cookie, being punched in the **** as hard as possible, and then given another cookie. Is the cookie worth getting punched in the ****?

A bad game is a bad game regardless of what series it's in. If you still think a bad game (that you yourself think is bad) is worth playing is useless fanboyism which does nothing but propagate companies into making sub-par releases that they know the fans will eat up. Just look at Sonic. Worst. Fanbase. EVER.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:22 am

I guess. Some sequels are beyond saving. I think I was more referring to those that were crap because they were basically rehashes of the original. Your point is still valid however.
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:14 pm

I personally think that Rock band 3 is going to be kick ass, but that might be the end of theseries becasue then they might end up like GH and start milking. But I doubt that becuse Harmonix isnt like that....

UNLESS

They sell teh franchise ,like last time---and whoever buys it milks it

THEN

Harmonix starts over

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:21 pm

slashfan7964 wrote:UNLESS

THEN

Harmonix starts over

I personally would like to see what would happen to harmonix if they started all over, and if they could top rock band then I'd be like :laugh:
Image Image
Image Image

Amak11 wrote:haha, if only you were of age
Huzzah!
R4L

Postby R4L » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:33 pm

estemshorn wrote:

THEN

Harmonix starts over

I personally would like to see what would happen to harmonix if they started all over, and if they could top rock band then I'd be like :laugh:

Apparently Harmonix is working some type of system for RB3 which makes the instruments more realistic by having 6 "strings" on a guitar and so on...

Something I read in Game Informer.

Sig disabled. ~nwru
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:14 pm

R4L wrote:
estemshorn wrote:

THEN

Harmonix starts over

Apparently Harmonix is working some type of system for RB3 which makes the instruments more realistic by having 6 "strings" on a guitar and so on...

Something I read in Game Informer.

Rock band could use some more realism, but not so much to where it's unplayable by some of the more casual gamers. The more real it gets, the less easier to play it gets
Image Image
Image Image

Amak11 wrote:haha, if only you were of age
Huzzah!
R4L

Postby R4L » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:33 pm

estemshorn wrote:Rock band could use some more realism, but not so much to where it's unplayable by some of the more casual gamers. The more real it gets, the less easier to play it gets

Whatever. I'm sick of playing noobs on Live all the time anyway. Mainly the ones who quit almost immediately when they see you hitting more than 10 notes without missing.

Speaking of, why the f*ck do people go to Expert when they can barely f*cking play medium?

That's why I play ranked matches now. I'd rather suffer the loss of not being able to pick a song to play than deal with idiots.

Sig disabled. ~nwru
Nicknamed Shamrock
Kermit4Prez

Postby Kermit4Prez » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:01 pm

R4L wrote:
estemshorn wrote:Rock band could use some more realism, but not so much to where it's unplayable by some of the more casual gamers. The more real it gets, the less easier to play it gets

Whatever. I'm sick of playing noobs on Live all the time anyway. Mainly the ones who quit almost immediately when they see you hitting more than 10 notes without missing.

Speaking of, why the f*ck do people go to Expert when they can barely f*cking play medium?

That's why I play ranked matches now. I'd rather suffer the loss of not being able to pick a song to play than deal with idiots.

They're better than the dicks in co-op on RB who try to impress me by selecting expert too, and then failing five times.

I don't even care about what difficulty they play, I just like my neck to be in between two other necks.

But alas, I digress. Six strings seems like it'd be confusing on-screen, but it'd be great if they could pull it off. Still, I think I'd use that game that uses an actual guitar if I wanted to play a game that uses an actual guitar.

Spoiler:

It's not a real goose, it's only a picture of one.

abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:04 am

Your neck in between two other necks... I see... :P
But yeah, why making the game real? Just get a real guitar then.
I would prefer the game staying the same, just little improvements on gameplay here and there, some new mode, better multiplayer, Improved graphics and models, more stages(really needed) more moves, and of course...
A larger set of songs with more DLC. RB3 would be epic then.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:25 am

R4L wrote:Speaking of, why the f*ck do people go to Expert when they can barely f*cking play medium?.

'Cause there is a lot of snobs on RB that will quit on you if they see you pick anything less then expert, they're all trying to get achievements like it actually means anything *rolls eyes*.

I'm on expert in guitar so I thought I'd try practicing drums on hard, everyone quit right away every time they saw me select hard(only got 1 team the whole night >.<).

BTW I heard that making the game more realistic was the idea of that guy who helped make Rockband: Beatles(think he is George Harrison's son), and Harmonix said he's not even a real member of Harmonix so that was just him saying that.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

mmsven

Postby mmsven » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:57 pm

Demon's Souls 2

Return to “Off-Topic”