Need help with video editing... >_>

Everything else in here
This topic is 14 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Need help with video editing... >_>

Postby doomtron » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:28 pm

Ok, so I'm trying to make a custom Rock Band PS2 disc and I just found a method that lets you add music video as the background for a song. The problem is, the video I have starts earlier than the audio (and I can't change the audio or else the chart won't sync up right). So the question is: How can I add extra frames to the beginning of the video?

EDIT: The video doesn't end at the same time either......... So now, How do I get this video to sync up with the mp3?
ImageImage

Scutch-Nukem wrote:Goldfish are like, the perfect goddamn snack, because they're all like "Eat me and my cheesy goodness as well as my friends because we smile back." And while you're munching on their cheesy wheat-y goodness, a person breaks into your home and begins to rob everything you own, because you have some ****' goldfish at hand, they smile back at you with that "Every little thing is going to be alright" kind of look and then you think they're some freaky-ass jamaican goldfish or something but then "Wait, goldfish aren't jamaican. They are canadian, which is why they come in bags." So you end up wanting to hang out with your rastafarian friend but wait, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS. So you end up trying to download the Bob Marley discography but wait, THERE ARE NO SEEDS. Then, when the clock strikes twelve, you realize that your goldfish are quickly running out, and you wonder to yourself "Do goldfish feel pain?" So to test this theory you begin to break them in half, demanding that they give you direct coordinates to the rebel base. But they say nothing, so you continue to munch on their cheesy wheat-y goodness. But what's this? THE BAG IS EMPTY!

Alone in your dark empty room, you crawl your hollow shell of a body to the darkest corner, and your mourn, you mourn the lost of your goldfish, and you ponder... should I buy another bag?

That is a ****' goldfish.
aander91 wrote:Trolling mods? I love this thread!

What is Kermit4Prez?

is it technically a muppet? or is it a puppet on its own? personally i think its a puppet president elect that should be called muppet: in the senate or something like that

R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Re: Need help with video editing... >_>

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:14 pm

this is just a HURR DURR kind of solution, keep the video out and play/record the song
then get like sony vegas or something and split screen it to sync it with eachother
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:17 pm

Metallicaholic666 wrote:this is just a HURR DURR kind of solution, keep the video out and play/record the song
then get like sony vegas or something and split screen it to sync it with eachother

No... that won't work... >__________< Never mind... I'll just do with out the video, I guess. Doesn't seem to be anyway to add frames to a video, apparently.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

ImageImage

Scutch-Nukem wrote:Goldfish are like, the perfect goddamn snack, because they're all like "Eat me and my cheesy goodness as well as my friends because we smile back." And while you're munching on their cheesy wheat-y goodness, a person breaks into your home and begins to rob everything you own, because you have some ****' goldfish at hand, they smile back at you with that "Every little thing is going to be alright" kind of look and then you think they're some freaky-ass jamaican goldfish or something but then "Wait, goldfish aren't jamaican. They are canadian, which is why they come in bags." So you end up wanting to hang out with your rastafarian friend but wait, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS. So you end up trying to download the Bob Marley discography but wait, THERE ARE NO SEEDS. Then, when the clock strikes twelve, you realize that your goldfish are quickly running out, and you wonder to yourself "Do goldfish feel pain?" So to test this theory you begin to break them in half, demanding that they give you direct coordinates to the rebel base. But they say nothing, so you continue to munch on their cheesy wheat-y goodness. But what's this? THE BAG IS EMPTY!

Alone in your dark empty room, you crawl your hollow shell of a body to the darkest corner, and your mourn, you mourn the lost of your goldfish, and you ponder... should I buy another bag?

What is Kermit4Prez?

is it technically a muppet? or is it a puppet on its own? personally i think its a puppet president elect that should be called muppet: in the senate or something like that

The Final Darkness
dadudemandude

Postby dadudemandude » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:22 pm

Have you tried changing the frame rate of the video a little? I do know Virtual Dub has the possibility to stretch the video's frame rate so that it is exactly as long as the mp3, something like that may be useful in this case.

Davey
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:29 pm

dadudemandude wrote:Have you tried changing the frame rate of the video a little? I do know Virtual Dub has the possibility to stretch the video's frame rate so that it is exactly as long as the mp3, something like that may be useful in this case.

Davey

That sounds like it could totally help. Thanks!

ImageImage

What is Kermit4Prez?

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:31 pm

You might try AviSynth:
http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/BlankClip

Theoretically, you could just generate however much black screen you need and just append the video normally to the blank clip and save to a new video. With any luck, you might be able to do a stream copy without having to re-encode any of the existing video, otherwise you might just have to compress the blank video with the same codec settings as your music video and just append them manually.
Teh Bass Wazzard
doomtron

Postby doomtron » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:59 pm

Grr... Now I have to convert the video to .avi (it was an .mp4). And the converter I have doesn't support VFW codec (the only one that works with Virtual Dub). Anyone know a good converter?

ImageImage

What is Kermit4Prez?

Naemesis

Postby Naemesis » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:58 pm

doomtron wrote:Grr... Now I have to convert the video to .avi (it was an .mp4). And the converter I have doesn't support VFW codec (the only one that works with Virtual Dub). Anyone know a good converter?

I think I've got one over at my dad's. It's called WinAvi. (I am however not sure if it's possible to convert from mp3 -> avi, even though it's called WinAVI) Downside if that you need to pay for it, otherwise there's a "want to remove this ad, pay 25$ blabla" thing in the middle of the screen.

So, if you haven't found any good converter by that time, upload it to mediafire and I'll convert it for you and upload it back. :)

Avantasia - The Scarecrow

Return to “Off-Topic”