Concerts You Have Been To, or Going To.

Everything else in here
This topic is 10 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Re: Concerts You Have Been To, or Going To.

Postby vedicardi » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:04 pm

get outta town

-- Edit: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:11 pm --

Kaskae
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Maartah

Postby Maartah » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:16 pm

I've added some metal/hardcore to my list this weekend, some pretty hard stuff compared to what I've been to before. It was a small festival where metal wasn't the main music: it was mostly dutch music (which is good in its own let-us-drink-while-wearing-wooden-shoes kinda way). Now with one sentence opinions (gotta love opinions):

FRIDAY
Psychotic Waltz: second time I've seen em, show wasn't that different. Frontman = killer on stage. Weird moves, weird clothes. But it makes me cringe to see such a talented guitarist in a wheelchair, I want that guy to rock out as much as we do.
Helloween: Big name, big show. Lot's of nonsense with the crowd, coud've done without that. OK show.
Pagan's Mind: AWESOME. Was switched to be the closer since Helloween had to leave, so Pagan's Mind could play something extra, and that's always good. Guitarist broke a string on the last song, but I don't know if that was intentional or pure metalness.

SATURDAY
Death Angel: I love the music, and a solid show.
Annihilator: Killer show, and the lead guitarist was probably my favourite musician on the whole festival. Even after all these years, the fun of being in front of a crowd was really nice to see. I've noticed before that this is seen more with old-skool artists than with newer acts.
Sepultura: Big surprise for me. I'm not a fan of the music when I'm listening to them behind my computer or in bed or something, so I wasn't expecting much. But they had so much raw energy on the stage, and everyone went crazy, fantastic.
Anthrax: Biggest name of the festival (When talking about metal: a lot of the Dutch artists are known a lot more here in the NL). Played quite some classics, but they couldn't get the crowd going as Sepultura did. At the end, Sepultura joined them for some dual-jam-mixup stuff. Nice.

SUNDAY
Terror: Hardcore. Not really my thing. But same as Sepultura: they did get the energy in the crowd
Madball: Same as Terror
Life Of Agony: Awesome, good show, nice band. It is weird though to see a chick sing with a man's voice (he (she?) is a transgender. To make matters worse, a somewhat hot one. But still a guy. But me no homo!!!1!!). And the guitarist threw his guitar in the crowd at the end. That's one happy fan. And a thousand jealous ones, I wonder if he made it to his car in one piece.

And some Dutch bands, now with links to promote metal from my country (even if it sucked):
Ethereal: Melodic Death, sounded OKish. Singer's a douche on stage though.
Izegrim: OK, but once the novelty of a female screamer/grunter/howdyoucallit wears of, you notice how it's pretty generic. Chick is semi-hot, so I stayed.
Mayan: fcking fantastic. Buy it and love it (and then fret it). Seven guys and one hot chick (real one this time) rock out hard. I think that there's room for improvement regarding the guitar solo's, but there's only one album out, I hope/think he'll get better at writing those.

All in all, been a good weekend!
Last edited by Maartah on Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Youtube Page!
KenshinHimuraRK wrote:beards are f*cking awesome.

vedicardi wrote:what did you do after you literally sh1t your pants
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:23 pm

I'm going to see Deep Purple in December. :biggrin:
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:52 am

I'm going to see Opeth in September I think.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

A bit sleepy
Kotti

Postby Kotti » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:57 am

Going to Tuska next Saturday, hoping to see Devin Townsend Project (for the fourth time in a little over a year), Wintersun, Katatonia, Epica, Blind Guardian and maybe some others.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:22 am

brb, moving to europe
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:28 am

I saw devin townshend, children of bodom, septicflesh, and obscura 10 days ago, just before obscura's bassist left.

obscura and DTP destroyed, CoB was a sweaty shirtless ICP mess I wanted nothing to do with. music was better than expected. septicflesh was abysmal IMO but whatever

-- Edit: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:31 am --

aander add me on MSN messenger or something [email protected]
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
back from the dead
thebocaj

Postby thebocaj » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:12 am

Should be seeing this year:
Devin Townsend Project
The Mission + Fields Of The Nephilim
Sabaton

And might be able to go to 70000 Tons Of Metal if I can get a job for at least a few months.
My Charts:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · Clone Hero conversions
Moskito1117

Postby Moskito1117 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:57 am

I'll see:
Judas Priest
Morbid Angel
Exodus
Vader
Tank
Soulburners
Animatious
A bit sleepy
Kotti

Postby Kotti » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:38 am

Just woke up at 3pm after getting home from Tuska. Will post videos later, I recorded with a higher resolution than usual so it'll take some time to upload.

The first band was Mononen who played on the new small stage. I'm not a huge fan of their style but their set was still very enjoyable. I left just before the last song to get ready for MyGrain which wasn't really worth it as MyGrain was nothing to be exited about and there was plenty of room in the front row anyway. I left early from there too to wait for Wintersun's meet & greet session. Very nice guys. Epica had already started their gig when I got there but apparently they weren't that popular because I could just walk to the front row in the middle of the gig. They were pretty good, I just wasn't really on the mood for Epica at that time. After Epica I went back to the meet & greet booth to first stand in line waiting for Blind Guardian and then stand in line/pile waiting for Devin Townsend Project. BG didn't seem to care much about being there but DTP were extremely nice. Unfortunately Anneke wasn't at the meet & greet, according to Devin she was just resting. Because of that I completely missed Katatonia and got a bad spot for Wintersun. Still totally worth it. Wintersun was great as expected, I think they played once new song and all songs their first album except for Sadness and Hate and Beautiful Death. That time I couldn't just walk to the front row, I couldn't even get closer than 20 meters from the stage. Blind Guardian was good, I'm not a fan but most people seemed to like them a lot. The last and most important band of the day was obviously Devin Townsend Project who, despite of being just as great as I had expected, were a disappointment. I, and most likely a large portion of the people at Tuska, had already seen them three times in a little over a year so I expected Devin to have a completely new setlist this time. But no, in the 90 minute set there was only 3-4 songs they hadn't already played on the previous gigs. The way I see it, they should have scrapped everything they've played in Finland except for Deep Peace, Life and Deadhead and in addition to those three play something completely different.

Anyway, I had a good day. Wintersun and DTP were great, the others weren't bad either and I got to meet Devin Townsend and Jari Mäenpää.

Pictures:

Spoiler:Image

EDIT:
From left to right: Wintersun, Blind Guardian, Devin Townsend Project:

Spoiler:Image

EDIT2:
Videos:
Mononen - Sillat Palaa
MyGrain - Plastic
Epica - The Obsessive Devotion
Wintersun - The Way of the Fire
Blind Guardian - Nightfall
Devin Townsend Project - Deadhead
Noob Fretter
demoj

Postby demoj » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:56 pm

Going to Amon Amarth August 17th!!!! Right here in Detroit!
Fretting Achievements
9th Place/9 - 2010 March Competition
15th Place/20 - 2010 April Competition
13th Place/15 - 2010 May Competition
14th Place/15 - 2010 June Competition
19th Place/20 - 2010 July Competition
17th Place/20 - 2010 August Competition
15th Place/15 - 2010 September Competition
| Demoj's Request List (Over 250 Songs That Needs Fretting)
| Demoj's Achievement List *SEE HOW U RANK*
| Demoj's List Of Completed Songs (37 Songs)
| Demoj's Low Quality Hero (43/69 Songs Completed)
back from the dead
thebocaj

Postby thebocaj » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Oh, and I'm now seeing Madina Lake (third time now) 8 days after DTP, and possibly Symphony X 6 days after FotN.
My Charts:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · Clone Hero conversions
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:00 am

I'm going to Mayhem Fest to see Megadeth, Machine Head, and Godsmack (couldn't care less about the other bands) later today.
awwwww yeaaaaa
A bit sleepy
Kotti

Postby Kotti » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:27 am

Went to Jurassic Rock this weekend. Not many interesting bands there but whatever, I had a free ticket.

Friday
Bloodred Hourglass: Local thrash band. Not many people were watching but they played alright. I think they have potential but will need a few albums to make some proper use of it.
Kotiteollisuus: Bad setlist and hordes of drunken morons in the crowd. Disappointing.

Saturday
Stam1na: Average gig for them, no surprises.
Apulanta: Good gig, I liked that they had many old songs in the setlist.
Soilwork: Never really listened to them and won't be listening in the future either. It was fun for what it was, but it was enough for me.
Flogging Molly: Great gig by a great band, by far the best of the festival. It was extermely crowded, nearly as crowded as Judas Priest's gig at Sauna. If you ever get the chance, go see FM.

Got Flogging Molly's drum stick and managed to halve my camera's value by dropping it during FM's set. I also had Soilwork's setlist for a moment but I chose to give it to some random girl who seemed value it a lot more than I did. I love this festival because both times I've been there it has first seemed to be boring but then it has turned out to be great fun.
Maartah

Postby Maartah » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:25 pm

Got to second flogging Molly. Saw them last year, they were all getting ready to start playing when all of a sudden the singer went "we are Flogging Molly and this is what we do" and they started playing. One down side was that one of the girls we were with got an elbow to the chin in the first minute, but hey, sht happens.
My Youtube Page!
KenshinHimuraRK wrote:beards are f*cking awesome.

vedicardi wrote:what did you do after you literally sh1t your pants

Return to “Off-Topic”