Concerts You Have Been To, or Going To.

Everything else in here
This topic is 10 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
A bit sleepy
Kotti

Re: Concerts You Have Been To, or Going To.

Postby Kotti » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:13 am

Between the Buried and Me was very good despite the lack of Fossil Genera, Animals as Leaders was better live than on the album, Medeia was decent considering their music sucks. Omnium Gatherum two weeks ago was once again absolutely brilliant despite having only a small handful of crowd. I was too tired to go see Ghost Brigade last weekend but I probably should have, their setlist looks pretty good (starts with Clawmaster, ends with Suffocated).
World is in flames!!
kilipeti

Postby kilipeti » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:49 am

Kotti wrote:Between the Buried and Me was very good despite the lack of Fossil Genera, Animals as Leaders was better live than on the album, Medeia was decent considering their music sucks. Omnium Gatherum two weeks ago was once again absolutely brilliant despite having only a small handful of crowd. I was too tired to go see Ghost Brigade last weekend but I probably should have, their setlist looks pretty good (starts with Clawmaster, ends with Suffocated).

that's really surprising, I didn't have the chance to go to the BTBAM+AAL concert, but the shots I've watched from any AAL concert were disappointing. Especially when it came to Tosin's cleanliness and precisity.
Maartah

Postby Maartah » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:35 pm

Got a ticket for Amon Amarth + As I lay Dying. Not two of my favourite bands, but it's literally within half a mile from my home, and I'm it'll be fun. The support is Septic Flesh, some doomish band I never heard from before, but some quick youtubing made me think think they'll be OK.

Now we're on the subject, any album of As I lay Dying I should really listen to?
My Youtube Page!
KenshinHimuraRK wrote:beards are f*cking awesome.

vedicardi wrote:what did you do after you literally sh1t your pants
homerrulz

Postby homerrulz » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:50 pm

Maartah wrote:Got a ticket for Amon Amarth + As I lay Dying. Not two of my favourite bands, but it's literally within half a mile from my home, and I'm it'll be fun. The support is Septic Flesh, some doomish band I never heard from before, but some quick youtubing made me think think they'll be OK.

Now we're on the subject, any album of As I lay Dying I should really listen to?

An Ocean Between Us. Really good album
I saw Blind Guardian recently (Black Majesty and Eyefear as support bands).
Fantastic concert. Crowd took over at one stage singing Valhalla.. drummer then joined in with the crowd... not surprisingly, the next song played was Valhalla.
A mixture of songs from most of their albums played.. including many older songs too... such as 'Welcome to Dying'.
They said they'd tour again in Australia... so until next time........
My custom songs can now be found in the one place:-Homerrulz Song Thread

It's OUT - DRUM PROJECT 9!
Disturbed - Immortalized Album - https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59539
blatz89

Postby blatz89 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:35 pm

I've seen..

Horror Nights Tour (Dr. Acula, Vampires Everywhere, Eyes Set To Kill, Vampires Everywhere!, Get Scared)
Cool Tour (As I Lay Dying, Underoath, Between The Buried And Me, blessthefall, The Acacia Strain, Architechts, Cancer Bats, War Of Ages)
The Nocturnal Alliance Tour (The Crimson Armada, This Or The Apocalypse, A Bullet For Pretty Boy Impending Doom (Terrible.), Mychildren Mybride (Eh.))
I've seen Ninjaloot, Your Chance To Die, We Sail At Dawn (Broken Up :(, now known as Thrown To Belial), Last Breath Of August, each about 9 times, with other bands. (Such as Divulgence (Check out, mos def'. "If you don't have any money, we have a Super Nintendo set up in the back" :D)

And On December 1st, (Dance Gavin Dance, isetmyfriendsonfire, A Loss For Words, We Are The Ocean, The Bunny The Bear)

The best part about most of these shows (excluding the Cool Tour), is that they were at new brookland, which is a very small and intimate venue, even though it can get packed sometimes, you always get to meet the bands there, like, personally. And there's an area in the back where everyone just sits and relaxes and smokes. It's just great, and always mind blowing, especially when it hits you that your sitting next to Saud Ahmed.

Sorry guys, I don't mean to ramble, but it's just some of the happiest moments of my life :D.
Last edited by blatz89 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
back from the dead
thebocaj

Postby thebocaj » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Well, before, I was potentially seeing 5 bands live this year. Now it's dropped to 2, but that's okay with me.
Still going to see:
Devin Townsend Project (will be awesome, they're playing the whole of Deconstruction with all the guest vocalists and recording it for a live DVD, plus they're my favourite band atm)
Madina Lake (mostly going because they're one of my brother's fave bands, also 2 days before DTP)
No longer seeing:
Fields Of The Nephilim/The Mission (my dad lost interest in going, so we didn't end up going there)
Symphony X (I wasn't that bothered about it anyway)
Sabaton (suddenly, out of nowhere, the age requirement rose to 18+, so I can't go)

Might possibly be able to go to 70000 Tons Of Metal in a year and a half, if it's still going at that point.

Both the concerts I'm still going to are in 4 weeks time.
My Charts:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · Clone Hero conversions
R.I.P Worldrave
Metallicaholic666

Postby Metallicaholic666 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:44 pm

I'm going to see Anthrax, Testament, and Death Angel on November 2nd.

Can't wait!!
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:58 pm

Saw Clan of the Cavebear, Tera Melos, and Melt Banana the other night in Cleveland. It was pretty nuts. All the bands were incredibly tight.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Symphony X \m/
Stefan_Alfons

Postby Stefan_Alfons » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:12 pm

thebocaj wrote:Symphony X (I wasn't that bothered about it anyway)

SEE THEM. DON'T MISS. DON'T FREAKING MISS THEM.

Going to see Hammerfall soon, looking forward to it.
When the stars lose their fine
And night steals the morning away
Forever and a day
I will stay, I will stay here with you my love
back from the dead
thebocaj

Postby thebocaj » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:16 pm

Stefan_Alfons wrote:
thebocaj wrote:Symphony X (I wasn't that bothered about it anyway)

SEE THEM. DON'T MISS. DON'T FREAKING MISS THEM.

Going to see Hammerfall soon, looking forward to it.

Too late now. It's in 2 days.
My Charts:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · Clone Hero conversions
Maartah

Postby Maartah » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:23 am

Saw As I Lay Dying / Amon Amarth / Septic Flesh a few weeks back. Wasn't a big fan of any of the bands, but hey, expand your horizon. AA was awesome, the other 2 were okay :)
I also went to a little indie-ish concert; LITE (A japanese band, very special in a good way) and Maybeshewill. And I got this fantastic T-shirt:

Spoiler:Image

My Youtube Page!

A bit sleepy
Kotti

Postby Kotti » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:48 am

^I'm jealous, Maybeshewill needs to come to Finland. Did they play He Films the Clouds pt.2 or Not for Want of Trying?
Maartah

Postby Maartah » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:17 am

Yeah, played them both :) part 2 was the encore (setlist). It was a small venue, I don't think there were more than 100 people in there. Good view, real close to the band, it was a great gig!
My Youtube Page!

A bit sleepy
Kotti

Postby Kotti » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:01 pm

^I wish I'd get to see them like that.

Saw Riverside an hour ago, excellent gig, among the top 5 gigs I've been to this year. The setlist didn't have many of my favorites and too much new songs, but when Second Life Syndrome kicked in the other songs didn't matter anymore, even if it was a shortened version.

EDIT:
Just saw Stratovarius. The setlist wasn't great and they had no supporting band so the first third was pretty much wasted which is unfortunate since Speed of Light could have been great had it been near the end. After Eagleheart and Paradise the show really began with Visions and Legions and stayed good to the end despite a few covers (Burn by Deep Purple was very good actually).
Symphony X \m/
Stefan_Alfons

Postby Stefan_Alfons » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:27 pm

Stefan_Alfons wrote:Going to see Hammerfall soon, looking forward to it.

They were freaking badass.
When the stars lose their fine
And night steals the morning away
Forever and a day
I will stay, I will stay here with you my love

Return to “Off-Topic”