Everything else in here
This topic is 14 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
warhol

Re: Avatar

Postby warhol » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:21 am

Rapt0r wrote:Transformers 2 was just absolutely awful. The only thing it had was nice effects.
Well, it appealed to the targeted audience, so I guess it's okay to that extent.
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
Maartah

Postby Maartah » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:00 am

acrox999 wrote:They're just wasting their money making this movie. I'm not interested in it at all.

They're wasting their money making TONS AND TONS of money.

The trailers really didn't appeal to me, I'm not going to watch it. Maybe it's OK though.
My Youtube Page!
KenshinHimuraRK wrote:beards are f*cking awesome.

vedicardi wrote:what did you do after you literally sh1t your pants
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:16 pm

The worst part is I took my current cute on our 3rd date to the drive in and saw both GI Joe and Transformers 2. Holy **** those were bad movies.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
WhatIsThisIDon'tEven
Davidrawr

Postby Davidrawr » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:45 pm

Probably going to see it next week, it looks pretty slick but I'm not quite sure about the plot. It might turn out to be awesome, but then again it might turn out to be a complete flop. I'm keeping an open mind on this one :)

Will be seeing it in 3D of course.
My song thread!
You can cut our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly.
tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:43 pm

HOLY CRAP IT WAS AMAZING. Seriously, the plot was actually interesting, although nothing utterly mind-blowing, but the 3D was... oh man. I have never seen a movie like this before. The 3D was like... looking into a window instead of watching a movie. O_O
Welcome to an internet message board, where every answer comes with a free side of sarcasm or criticism. Enjoy your stay.
Shredder
Scutch-Nukem

Postby Scutch-Nukem » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:57 pm

tibiazak wrote:HOLY CRAP IT WAS AMAZING. Seriously, the plot was actually interesting, although nothing utterly mind-blowing, but the 3D was... oh man. I have never seen a movie like this before. The 3D was like... looking into a window instead of watching a movie. O_O

This. THIS.
If you can read this then you've gone too far.
NNdimethyltryptamine
Electro Tomato

Postby Electro Tomato » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:27 pm

acrox999 wrote:They're just wasting their money making this movie. I'm not interested in it at all.

Your lack of interest in the movie makes it a waste of money?

I have to say, it's tied with Inglorious Basterds as the best recent movie I've seen. I did see it in 3D too.
aduro

Postby aduro » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:32 pm

tibiazak wrote:
aander91 wrote:Oh no, it's 3D?

I'm quite sick of all this 3D nonsense.

dude, it's not like cheap-disney-kid-movie 3D, it's 3D in a way that actually enhances the movie to draw you in and make the world more immersive.

No it's the same 3d but with special anaglyphic glasses that don't distort the color

The movie is like 2 hours and 40 minutes and if you don't have a splitting headache from all the eyestrain at that point then maybe it's an enjoyable quarter-billion-dollar Fern Gully tribute
tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:38 pm

aduro wrote:No it's the same 3d but with special anaglyphic glasses that don't distort the color

The movie is like 2 hours and 40 minutes and if you don't have a splitting headache from all the eyestrain at that point then maybe it's an enjoyable quarter-billion-dollar Fern Gully tribute

uhhh... that wasn't my point, i meant like, crappy 3D kids movies use the 3D as a gimmick, and all that ever happens is things fly out at you. avatar doesn't do that.

and yes, i got a migraine (i had one like, the day before, this probably just flared it up) but i would totally go through that again to see avatar again. It's worth any discomfort you get from the 3D.

also, aren't digital 3D and red/green red/blue 3D totally different technologies based around a similar principle?
Welcome to an internet message board, where every answer comes with a free side of sarcasm or criticism. Enjoy your stay.
I like pointy things
Roryos01

Postby Roryos01 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:43 pm

tibiazak wrote:
aander91 wrote:Oh no, it's 3D?

I'm quite sick of all this 3D nonsense.

dude, it's not like cheap-disney-kid-movie 3D, it's 3D in a way that actually enhances the movie to draw you in and make the world more immersive.

@raptor and qwedge: the concept itself may be kinda stupid, but the movie might be well-made enough to surpass it. :D *will report back tomorrow afternoon with what he thought*

I got told it's the most expensive movie to exist, I dunno if thats true :blink:
GH2
GH:WT Drum
RockBand Hero
HL2
GH5 Drum
DJ Hero

get the SUPER EPIC HOTDOG FRETS+ from here!...Kingdom hearts frets+notes+hitflame guitar only...Coraline Button notes (an acquired taste...)
It's not that I don't want to make those collapse sig look nice, I just can't be bothered...

Spoiler:

death_au wrote:
jfosheezy wrote:fly doodle

*snickers*

warhol

Postby warhol » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:31 pm

Saw it yesterday. It was EPIC. Friggin EPIC. It was easily one of the best movies I've seen this year, and I've seen a hell of a lot of movies.

http://gawker.com/5427160/an-apology-av ... s-not-suck
http://fof-empire.myminicity.com/tra
(0) <-- The Eye
angellinus

Postby angellinus » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:08 am

Seen it. Much related to Assassins Creed (find out why) except AV is not searching past times but AC does.
WhatIsThisIDon'tEven
Davidrawr

Postby Davidrawr » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:33 pm

Went to see it in 3D today, I have to say the hype was pretty correct this time around. The movie is almost three hours long, and never loses your attention for a second - now that is the sign of a good movie.

The plot was kind of cliché and somewhat predictable until about the 2/3 mark, however this does not detract from the overall impression I got. The characters were very well developed, the CG was stunning and the mood pushed all the right buttons, ranging from the exciting aerial fights to the romance and sad downbeat moments.

I loved it and will recommend it to anyone, though only in 3D; I doubt 2D would do it justice.

Davidrawr rating:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Five thumbs-up out of five! Well done to the film crew and excellent directing.
My song thread!
You can cut our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly.
timfloss, apparently
timfoss

Postby timfoss » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:50 am

This movie is WAAAAAAAY overhyped. There trying to pass it off as an action movie, but even the director said it is supposed to be a "chick flick" like Titanic. People are all like "OMGZ, they looks so real, this is so new!" This technology has been around for a while now, hows about popping in a **** Final Fantasy and taking a look at that, huh! those games are close to super realistic and they have been since the PS2 came out! Basically, if youve played video games for a while, this should not be anything new or amazing for you.

-EDIT-

Watch Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, then you can decide whether or not avatar is a CGI action movie...... :biggrin:
Shredder
Scutch-Nukem

Postby Scutch-Nukem » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:17 am

timfoss wrote:This movie is WAAAAAAAY overhyped. There trying to pass it off as an action movie, but even the director said it is supposed to be a "chick flick" like Titanic. People are all like "OMGZ, they looks so real, this is so new!" This technology has been around for a while now, hows about popping in a **** Final Fantasy and taking a look at that, huh! those games are close to super realistic and they have been since the PS2 came out! Basically, if youve played video games for a while, this should not be anything new or amazing for you.

-EDIT-

Watch Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, then you can decide whether or not avatar is a CGI action movie...... :biggrin:

Did you sign up just so you orgasm over your love for a now **** series of video games?
If you can read this then you've gone too far.

Return to “Off-Topic”