Other PC Projects (besides FoF)

Everything else in here
incredibly
special jerry

Other PC Projects (besides FoF)

Postby special jerry » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:24 pm

sometimes we're lucky enough to stumble across something 'new' to us while we're online & doing whatever it is we do..
something interesting & collectable .. a new project to invest time in. like this game for example
i really appreciate my song folder & how its organised + everyone that contributes to the development of it all

i have a few other things i like collecting which i will list - but i wanna ask any/every one if there is any other cool things out there that i may not be aware of which you enjoy putting together & think others would too if they only knew about it

Things i own external HDD's for:

Movie collection -This is curently complete. I have every movie i want in the highest quality i can find (prefferably 1080p BluRay rips in .mkv with DTS audio) - around 1.4TB in total over 2 HDD's

Music collection -unless i discover a 'new' band, this is currently complete. I have every album i want, again prefferably ripped by EAC in .flac or .MP3 -v0. just over 101GB in total - all totally organised with album art, proper tags, naming convention & numbering.

ROM / Emulator Collection -Again this is totally complete. I have every emulator i want with complete ROM sets for each - including all artwork, emumovies etc etc All setup & running through a choice of front-ends (HyperSpin, GameEx, Mala, GameBase X) - a few hundred GB

I've tried MUGEN, had a Huge set a while ago - but then realised i didn't actually use it so deleted it all
same with Stepmania

Along with my movies i have all the T.V programs i may want to watch someday (Curb Your Enthusiasm, Family Guy, Malcolm In The Middle & more, all complete sets)
plus the entire UFC collection.. i am considering a new HDD for all the Pride FC stuff
but wth else can i get into now......?
besides piecing it all together through one 'media center', i'm stuck for new ideas
any suggestions?
what do you guys collect?
you.
NNdimethyltryptamine
Electro Tomato

Re: Other PC Projects (besides FoF)

Postby Electro Tomato » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:16 pm

I used to be all into The Movies (it's a game) until Lionhead shut it down. Then I got all into this.
Nicknamed Shamrock
Kermit4Prez

Postby Kermit4Prez » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:12 pm

Electro Tomato wrote:I used to be all into The Movies (it's a game) until Lionhead shut it down. Then I got all into this.

Same here. 0.o

Spoiler:

It's not a real goose, it's only a picture of one.

abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:04 pm

I have almost all blizzard games in my comp... Diablo II with expansion, Warcraft II Bnet edition, WarcraftIII with expansion,
starcraft with expansion and (casual) WoW... And I'm really into them, except for wow, but it's cool...
Also Have Wolfenstein ET :P
Oh and some InvaderZim episodes :D
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:08 pm

can we have a forum for stupid "post your" topics like this too
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:26 pm

vedicardi wrote:can we have a forum for stupid "post your" topics like this too

Well you have contributed in some of them, so I don't see why not :P
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:45 pm

I can't deny that lol
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
incredibly
special jerry

Postby special jerry » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:43 am

vedicardi wrote:can we have a forum for stupid "post your" topics like this too

i've been a member here for nearly 2 years, you have over 6000 posts & ironically i know you for nothing.

RedShadow wrote:I have almost all blizzard games in my comp... Diablo II with expansion, Warcraft II Bnet edition, WarcraftIII with expansion,
starcraft with expansion and (casual) WoW... And I'm really into them, except for wow, but it's cool...
Also Have Wolfenstein ET :P
Oh and some InvaderZim episodes :D

my bro is into those - he also likes the ScummVM collection

-Maniac Mansion
-Day of the Tenticle
-Discworld
-Monkey Island
& all those classic LucasArts point/click adventures
might be your flavour, too (?) scummvm.org/
you.
incredibly
special jerry

Postby special jerry » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:13 pm

anyway.. so i got a bit bored over the last few weeks while indoors coz i couldn't find any more 'other PC projects' & my ass burgers dried-up like raisins an flaked off, so they're no good for fiddling with anymore.. decided to smoke more weed while i save up for a car.
but in the meantime i made, published & sold my 1st website.. which was interesting
& bought a Wii to hack which was kinda fun. turned out awesome in fact
-attached a little 400GB WD 'my passport' USB HDD and filled it with over 125 proper games to load through WiiFlow. plays 'backups' of course. Although now that wee project is complete i realised i wont actually use it so its gonna make a nice crimbo prezzy for someone i think.
-Debating whever or not to hack the x360 or just give it away, too

Kinda totally lost interest in all games now, i actually enjoy setting things up an giving them to someone who would appreciate it more than i enjoy the things myself. think i might be getting "old" or something.
which brings me to the point of the post... i'm outter here.
After having in my posession every 'Guitar Hero' & 'Rock Band' game available & realising i dont even want them free
i started questioning wtf i had a 16GB FoF song folder for.
plus i've probably played the game less times this year than what vedicardi has had baths.
i probably wont delete the folder, just dont care for any more (atm)
It was a nice thing to watch develop though over the last couple of years

Thanks for all the cool stuff some of you guys offer to us all here. Coders, modders, artists, site admins, donators, rippers, audiophiles, perfectionists, bug reporters an everyone who ever contributed to anything anyone ever said 'thanks' for.

Bluzer, Endrju, Aduro, Cama, MFH, Blazingamer, Gamexpert, Nwru, Raph, Worldrave, Alarian, Kid, Ryanpanties.. whoever you all are, you have my respect.
-all the best
you.

Return to “Off-Topic”