Where were you

Everything else in here
This topic is 14 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
You contract Corprus
ObviouslyOwns

Where were you

Postby ObviouslyOwns » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:44 pm

on September 11th?

I was in the 4th grade when suddenly my teacher turned on the TV. We watched most of it unfold right there. I recall my teacher drawing with a marker the various related locations on a map. She said George Bush was in Barksdale AFB and me, with me nine year old intelligence, asked aloud if it was possible that the enemy could fire a missile at Bush and then it would hit us...(we happened to live 80 miles north haha)

I've been told by everyone I know they remember exactly where they were and what they were doing.

So share your experience.
nwru wrote:If anyone has a problem with a moderator here, feel free to PM me to discuss.... at which point I will promptly tell you to suck it :cool:

My greatest accomplishment to date:
This Dying Soul FC

Links:

Youtube

MySpace Trip Hop = easy listening music
Seligsuper

Re: Where were you

Postby Seligsuper » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:47 pm

I was taking a dump on George Bush's lap while he read to me about goats.
ImageImage
You contract Corprus
ObviouslyOwns

Postby ObviouslyOwns » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:49 pm

Seligsuper wrote:I was taking a dump on George Bush's lap while he read to me about goats.

good one, buddy
nwru wrote:If anyone has a problem with a moderator here, feel free to PM me to discuss.... at which point I will promptly tell you to suck it :cool:

My greatest accomplishment to date:
This Dying Soul FC

Links:

Youtube

MySpace Trip Hop = easy listening music
dey see me trollin
mitch951

Postby mitch951 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:52 pm

I was on holiday out of state, i was like 5 when it happened.
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:59 pm

I was at my living room with my mom, while waiting for my godmother to bring me the power connector for the PS1 I had forgotten at her place (and her birthday is 9/11, btw). The game I wanted to play was MediEvil. I remember that in that morning we went shopping and I picked up 5 packets of Pez, along with an Homer Simpson dispenser. The attack was in the afternoon (timezones) and I had just finished lunch when my mom told me an helicopter had an accident and crashed into a building. When I saw the repeat I actually though it was probably an attack, since I did pretty much the same thing in flight simulators whenever I got bored. When the second one happened I had little doubts. But I gotta tell you, I didn't feel really bad or anything. I couldn't really relate to it, hell, I had never realized the importance of the WTC and it all felt like a bad action movie. When I saw people throwing themselves off the building, sh*t got real. I kinda panicked but, more than that, I was pumped up for whatever came next. The attack happened (I think) at 1:30pm over here, and I watched TV until 7:40. I think we had hotdogs for dinner. I never got to play MediEvil that day, and I listened to Nevermind until I fell asleep.

EDIT: If someone wants a look back into 9/11, this one brings memories every time. I didn't even see it at the time, but for some reason I can really relate to it. The way it's presented is so surreal.
http://h0wardsternblog143.blogspot.com/ ... /9-11.html
Last edited by crazy.neo on Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nicknamed Shamrock
Kermit4Prez

Postby Kermit4Prez » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:07 pm

I didn't know it happened until three years later.

Spoiler:

It's not a real goose, it's only a picture of one.

NNdimethyltryptamine
Electro Tomato

Postby Electro Tomato » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:18 pm

I was eating cereal, about to go to school in first grade.
incredibly
special jerry

Postby special jerry » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:24 pm

on average i probably spend about 1 hour a year watching T.V (not including movies of course) - which is unfortunately accumalated only when someone else has it on and i'm eating in the same room..
coincidently that is what happend that particular day just after the 1st plane hit. i was eating mild curry flavoured noodles with 2 slices of buttered bread & a cuppa tea. it was all nice!
T.V was full of weird bs 'media' propaganda as usual - so i went out skating, had a smoke & discussed the buisiness benifits in fake wars, inflation & resession
& crossed our fingers that this ghey little "U.K" wouldn't un-necerssarily cling-on to U.S a$$hair in their new buisness venture.
Last edited by special jerry on Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you.
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:25 pm

I was in class, as most people my age were.

I just slept at my desk.
Spikehead777

Postby Spikehead777 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:26 pm

I was in sixth grade, in my classroom. The teacher turned on the radio, and started putting on some jazz or pop or something kind of music. When I got home that day, I played my N64 until sleep. I didn't know about the incident until next day when the teacher told us about it.
PM me for my Wii or DS Friend Codes.

http://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38434 My Wii GH:WT Guitar and Drum GlovePIE script. Also supports GH3 guitars!
Since "DragonFail" "sucks" so much, I won't post anything related or about them any longer.
Mr. Fansonfire
lordhardware

Postby lordhardware » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:32 pm

my dads housemate came and woke me up... he just said "You better come see this"

i came out and they were watching a live feed of it, i was watching for 6 minutes before the second plane hit...

it was strange, you could see the people jumping out of the windows... you knew everyone of them were killing themselves
WIP:
"Check Your Hardware: Modern Hits" 11/20
"Check Your Hardware: Australian Anthems" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Alternative" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Classic Beats" 2/20
"Check Your Hardware: Electronic" 2/10
"Check Your Hardware: Rap" 1/10
NNdimethyltryptamine
Electro Tomato

Postby Electro Tomato » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:39 pm

lordhardware wrote:you could see the people jumping out of the windows... you knew everyone of them were killing themselves

No, they were amazed at the new concrete on the sidewalk and needed a closer look.
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:47 pm

I was in my high school library, looking for a book to read during the rest of the day after I finished homework.

Got to read that book a lot today too.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
Mr. Fansonfire
lordhardware

Postby lordhardware » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:48 pm

i meant that it was strange sitting there as an 11yo with that knowledge
WIP:
"Check Your Hardware: Modern Hits" 11/20
"Check Your Hardware: Australian Anthems" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Alternative" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Classic Beats" 2/20
"Check Your Hardware: Electronic" 2/10
"Check Your Hardware: Rap" 1/10
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:11 pm

Electro Tomato wrote:
lordhardware wrote:you could see the people jumping out of the windows... you knew everyone of them were killing themselves

No, they were amazed at the new concrete on the sidewalk and needed a closer look.

I lol'd :P

Return to “Off-Topic”