Before you download Guitar Hero

Everything else in here
This topic is 12 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
abloobloo
RedShadow

Re: Before you download Guitar Hero

Postby RedShadow » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:23 pm

Never thought one of Death_au's threads could end like this... shame...
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:25 pm

If you claim to be smarter than these people who use "anti-intelligence" then why do you fight? A smart person would realize that you're not going to make any headway in a fight where nothing is going to change.

Add to the fact you're discussing a topic where people simply are not going to change their minds no matter what you say. Debate threads are retarded for the most part because it never works out cleanly and civilly. It turns into people complaining with garbage responses and opinionated.

In my opinion, threads like this shouldn't even make it past the second page because everything meaningful has already been said.

As for the rapt0r thing, the way I viewed it was a break in tension. Like when two people are about to fight and someone farts.

That or he's an ass. Take your pick.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
You contract Corprus
ObviouslyOwns

Postby ObviouslyOwns » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:29 pm

Jama7301 wrote:If you claim to be smarter than these people who use "anti-intelligence" then why do you fight? A smart person would realize that you're not going to make any headway in a fight where nothing is going to change.

Add to the fact you're discussing a topic where people simply are not going to change their minds no matter what you say. Debate threads are retarded for the most part because it never works out cleanly and civilly. It turns into people complaining with garbage responses and opinionated.

In my opinion, threads like this shouldn't even make it past the second page because everything meaningful has already been said.

As for the rapt0r thing, the way I viewed it was a break in tension. Like when two people are about to fight and someone farts.

I have intelligence conversations (usually) with akendrou or whatever his name is. That's noted from my racism thread. It's when these other kids try to act cool that it gets out of hand. But you're right. It is rather pointless to go on when all they can do is one-sentence responses, usually exclaimed with an unidentifiable swear word.

I digress.

In the future, raptor and the such that seem to have some mass hysteria about me: try and have an intelligent conversation before immediately resorting to "wow **** idiot piece of ****"
nwru wrote:If anyone has a problem with a moderator here, feel free to PM me to discuss.... at which point I will promptly tell you to suck it :cool:

My greatest accomplishment to date:
This Dying Soul FC

Links:

Youtube

MySpace Trip Hop = easy listening music
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Acting condescending to people frequently will lead them to mess with your arguments more often. The more you push, the more they'll push back.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
You contract Corprus
ObviouslyOwns

Postby ObviouslyOwns » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:33 pm

Jama7301 wrote:Acting condescending to people frequently will lead them to mess with your arguments more often. The more you push, the more they'll push back.

I completely understand that; it is simply with the confidence that people say such nonsensical things that pisses me off. But once again, this leads nowhere.
nwru wrote:If anyone has a problem with a moderator here, feel free to PM me to discuss.... at which point I will promptly tell you to suck it :cool:

This Dying Soul FC

Links:

Youtube

What's my age again?
KTownEgghead

Postby KTownEgghead » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:33 pm

lol 2 much logik.
dance along the fault line; feel the shaking in your bones,
lose the tension in my throat, and live for something.
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:36 pm

It's interesting how Newtonian Physics can apply to internet debates, haha.
mmsven

Postby mmsven » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:42 pm

ObviouslyOwns wrote:it is simply with the confidence that people say such nonsensical things that pisses me off.

Like the way you assumed anime was a word signifying that Japanese animation is better than American animation? Or any of the other dumb **** you've said?
You contract Corprus
ObviouslyOwns

Postby ObviouslyOwns » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:44 pm

mmsven wrote:
ObviouslyOwns wrote:it is simply with the confidence that people say such nonsensical things that pisses me off.

Like the way you assumed anime was a word signifying that Japanese animation is better than American animation? Or any of the other dumb **** you've said?

That in itself is an assumption on your part. I know it was an Anime thread, but I simply included a few cartoons in there. People made a big deal about that because...I have no clue.

You should re-read that thread. They were the ones who assumed first, and now you assume that I assumed as well. It's all so beautiful.

This Dying Soul FC

Links:

Youtube

mmsven

Postby mmsven » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:46 pm

ObviouslyOwns wrote:People made a big deal about that because...I have no clue..

...because it was a thread specifically made to talk about ANIME. If you want to talk about American animation, make a different thread.
You contract Corprus
ObviouslyOwns

Postby ObviouslyOwns » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:48 pm

mmsven wrote:
ObviouslyOwns wrote:People made a big deal about that because...I have no clue..

...because it was a thread specifically made to talk about ANIME. If you want to talk about American animation, make a different thread.

It was related. I wasn't "talking" about American animation, I just listed a few cartoons. People talk about stuff that's related but not necessarily the thread title all the time and they don't get harassed. More mass hysteria yay.

example: if I had said, "I also enjoy these American cartoons." would anyone have been so upset? Probably not. But that is ABSOLUTELY semantics. You people know exactly what I meant, and this proves that people were taking pride in the fact that it was Japanese.

This Dying Soul FC

Links:

Youtube

mmsven

Postby mmsven » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:52 pm

ObviouslyOwns wrote:example: if I had said, "I also enjoy these American cartoons." would anyone have been so upset? Probably not. But that is ABSOLUTELY semantics. You people know exactly what I meant, and this proves that people were taking pride in the fact that it was Japanese.

We mention that this thread is meant for Japanese animation, incase you didn't know that's what anime meant, then you assumed that we thought anime was better.
You contract Corprus
ObviouslyOwns

Postby ObviouslyOwns » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:53 pm

mmsven wrote:
ObviouslyOwns wrote:example: if I had said, "I also enjoy these American cartoons." would anyone have been so upset? Probably not. But that is ABSOLUTELY semantics. You people know exactly what I meant, and this proves that people were taking pride in the fact that it was Japanese.

We mention that this thread is meant for Japanese animation, incase you didn't know that's what anime meant, then you assumed that we thought anime was better.

mmk I'm done. You guys win, hooray!

And forever will the world know that ObviouslyOwns gave up on an argument because it's 1 v 100.

This Dying Soul FC

Links:

Youtube

mmsven

Postby mmsven » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:02 pm

ObviouslyOwns wrote:You guys are all idiots

I love your self-justification.

And your constant editting.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:27 pm

Jama7301 wrote:As for the rapt0r thing, the way I viewed it was a break in tension. Like when two people are about to fight and someone farts.

For the record, that was my point when I made my "sick of people arguing" and "break things up a bit" comments.

I don't make comments on things like political debates because I know that I don't know what I'm talking about. And yet, I don't think that makes me less intelligent.
RedShadow wrote:Never thought one of Death_au's threads could end like this... shame...
Eh. That's because I barely ever post in Off-topic. I don't mind really. In fact, I feel slightly more educated.

Return to “Off-Topic”