What Are The Best/Worst videogames You Have Ever Played?

Everything else in here
This topic is 14 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
C++ code is tasty.
raphaelr

Re: What Are The Best/Worst videogames You Have Ever Played?

Postby raphaelr » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:02 pm

Best:
Zelda OoT, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker
Metroid Prime and Prime Hunters
F-Zero X and Maximum Velocity
Quake 1 and 2
Half-Life 1 and 2
Portal
Windows Vista
The World Ends With You
Tetris (seriously, why did everyone forget that)
Super Mario 64

Worst:
Pikmin (Maybe because I don't like the genre)
Resident Evil Zero
Custom Song: Beatsteaks - As I Please (Only Guitar @ Amazing)
Before asking for help, try doing a barrel roll.
Shredder
Scutch-Nukem

Postby Scutch-Nukem » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:38 pm

Best game: The one nobby is making.
If you can read this then you've gone too far.
Seligsuper

Postby Seligsuper » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:42 pm

I don't have any preferences.

I did buy a Finding Nemo game when I was like 9 and I thought it would be amazing... I beat it in like 30 minutes.

I guess that's the worst one.
ImageImage
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:47 pm

Scutch-Nukem wrote:Best game: The one nobby is making.

He's making a game? Oh, how I hope it involves some fondling!
Pyrokinesis

Postby Pyrokinesis » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:29 pm

I've played too many good games.
You contract Corprus
ObviouslyOwns

Postby ObviouslyOwns » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:32 pm

Best -
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
Champions of Norrath/and Return to Arms (I am buying a PS2 just to play these again)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Katamari Damacy
Doom 95
Quake 64
Indigo Prophecy
(I'm sure I'm missing so many, but these are off the top of my head)

Worst-
Frontlines: Fuel of War
(I don't really recall too many games that sucked, so this is the most recent.)
nwru wrote:If anyone has a problem with a moderator here, feel free to PM me to discuss.... at which point I will promptly tell you to suck it :cool:

My greatest accomplishment to date:
This Dying Soul FC

Links:

Youtube

MySpace Trip Hop = easy listening music
YOU CAN EDIT THIS?
DarkestFreedom

Postby DarkestFreedom » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:50 pm

5. Dark Cloud [PS2] - Too hard, too many things could go wrong, (I.E. Thirst, sword breakage,)
good storyline though.

4. Star Control 3 [PC] - This game, to be fair, is actually not as bad as it's commonly said to be. But it still sucks in comparison with the other 2.

3. CD-I games [CD-I] - Yeah, it spans the whole console library. I wasn't conned into buying this peice of garbage, but I do have an emulator for it... And I got a hold of Zelda CD-I ROMS and the Hotel Mario ROMS. Saying that these games suck is an understatement. But, we did get good YouTube Poop materiel out of them, so there was some good.

2. Killer Instinct [GB] - I'm not saying Killer Instinct sucks, it's my favorite game, hell, my email address is [email protected], but this port just wasn't meant for the Game Boy. The 6 button configuration of the SNES, is perfect for KI, but the Game Boy's 2 button? I don't think so. The graphics were good, considering it was on a Game Boy. The sound was ported well also.

1. Oddworld Adventures [GB] - Once again, not saying it sucks, my favorite PC games are Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exoddus. But unlike KI, this game could possibly translate to the game boy. The main problems with this game is that the controls were fiddly and awkward, and the layouts of the levels were weird. The graphics were OK, the sound was pretty good, considering the Game Boy's mono speaker and monochrome display. But, considering the masterpeices that the PC and PSX ports of Oddworld were, this game is crap.

5 BEST GAMES
------------------------

5. Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening [GB/GBA] - I love this game. I play it when i'm bored to this day. It's the best handheld Zelda game, and one of the best Zelda games of all time. It's perfect control, story line, graphics, sound, configuration, made it well worth buying. It was challenging as well.

4. Grim Fandango [PC] - I'm a much bigger PC gamer than a console gamer, so this LucasArts game is awesome. The new GRIMM engine the game utilized was kind of hard to get used to after playing Monkey Island, but that's the only real bug with it. The humor was great, the graphics were excellent, and the storyline was really great for an adventure game.

3. Oddworld series [PC/PSX/XBOX] - This was the first computer game I remember playing back in about 2000. It was 3 years old then, and my dad just left it sitting until I happened upon it. It's storyline is great, it's graphics were great, the controls were challenging, and the learning curve was just right to be hard, but comfortably hard. The FMVs were awesome too. The XBOX games weren't as good, and Stranger's Wrath just lost me altogether.

2. Killer Instinct [SNES/ARCADE] - I used to play the battered Killer Instinct machine they had at my local arcade until I bought a copy of Killer Instinct for the SNES. Both are just incredible. I even managed to buy the arcade cabinet with all the components in it when the arcade shut down about 3 years ago, for about $500.

1. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess [GC/WII] - I don't own the Wii version of the game, but I do own the less-common GameCube version, and it's overall a great acheivement for Nintendo in showing off the graphical capabilities of their systems. The story line remains the best in a video game i've played thus far, the graphics are excellent, and I hope Nintendo resumes this version of Zelda over the cel-shaded Wind Waker series.
[/img]http://www.themusicking.co.uk/prodimages/thumbs/dean_guitars_logo.jpg[/img]
gamexprt1

Postby gamexprt1 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:54 pm

People who say Dark Cloud is too hard just suck at video games. I beat it when I was 11 playing with only one hand (I broke my other one), and I was sick for about half of it. Plus, difficulty is nothing to knock a game for. Even if you didn't like it, it shouldn't appear anywhere on your worst games list (unless you've only played 10 games in your life).

Graphic Request Thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24983
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:19 pm

DarkestFreedom wrote:1. Oddworld Adventures [GB]

Agreed with you there. I don't think I ever finished that game. I did get a fair way through it, but I relied on bugs in some parts to finish them. (There was a section I remember where if you go up and down on an elevator a lot, a paramite that's in the way dies).
As for the Oddworld series in general, I loved the two Abe games (second favorite platform game of all time), but Much's was a bit crap. And it didn't need Abe to make a reappearance. I haven't played anything after Munch.
Power Quest's #1 Fan
omfgdrphl

Postby omfgdrphl » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:32 pm

gamexprt1 wrote:People who say Dark Cloud is too hard just suck at video games. I beat it when I was 11 playing with only one hand (I broke my other one), and I was sick for about half of it. Plus, difficulty is nothing to knock a game for. Even if you didn't like it, it shouldn't appear anywhere on your worst games list (unless you've only played 10 games in your life).

That game is simply amazing...
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:04 pm

I have yet to play the second one sadly, I hear it's better than the first.

Just in case I omitted this, the .hack games are pretty fun as well. Only gripe is their episodic nature.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
Pyrokinesis

Postby Pyrokinesis » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:17 pm

omfgdrphl wrote:
gamexprt1 wrote:People who say Dark Cloud is too hard just suck at video games. I beat it when I was 11 playing with only one hand (I broke my other one), and I was sick for about half of it. Plus, difficulty is nothing to knock a game for. Even if you didn't like it, it shouldn't appear anywhere on your worst games list (unless you've only played 10 games in your life).

That game is simply amazing...
I honestly think the gameplay sucks. The story is cool, but it adds things it doesn't need like hunger and thirst. Thats what makes games like Legend of Zelda Better.
Power Quest's #1 Fan
omfgdrphl

Postby omfgdrphl » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Jama7301 wrote:I have yet to play the second one sadly, I hear it's better than the first.

Just in case I omitted this, the .hack games are pretty fun as well. Only gripe is their episodic nature.

The second game feels really different from the first, the main similarity is combat, the georama part of the game, and the dungeon system. Besides that the game has a lot more features (And a few taken out sadly. XD), and feels a lot less dark then the first one did.
life is so deep
JanZuKa

Postby JanZuKa » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:35 am

New list!

Not in particular order

Best:

Rollercoaster tycoon 1,2&3
Shadow Of The Colossus
Warcraft 3
Halo 2
Gran Turismo 2&3
Death Rally
Stunts (or ZakStunts)
Ratchet and Clank 3
GTA IV
Stargunner
Fofix

Worst:
Hidden&dangerous
Some 3d tetris, can't remember the name
Black Buccaneer
You contract Corprus
ObviouslyOwns

Postby ObviouslyOwns » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:58 am

Banned user wrote:Worst :
Halo
superman 64

Best :
Super Mario 3
This is the only game that I would play for relaxing my mind.

For some reason I found the multiplayer on superman 64 really fun as a kid.
nwru wrote:If anyone has a problem with a moderator here, feel free to PM me to discuss.... at which point I will promptly tell you to suck it :cool:

My greatest accomplishment to date:
This Dying Soul FC

Links:

Youtube

MySpace Trip Hop = easy listening music

Return to “Off-Topic”