EBgames/Gamestop

Everything else in here
This topic is 14 years and 11 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Re: EBgames/Gamestop

Postby vedicardi » Wed May 06, 2009 12:40 pm

Sure, they are ****, but I read a story on Kotaku not long ago about how they are making huge improvements to their stores, making them bigger and the like, making more space, etc. Also, people have started to take huge notice about the scratched disks for new games **** and they are starting to change that.

All in all, could be worse.
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Wed May 06, 2009 1:12 pm

The nearest GameStop for me is in a city that's an hour away, one in the mall and one has it's own standalone building. The one in the mall sucks something aweful. I agree with the cramped, sweaty enviornment statement 'sven made. The standalone one is usually pretty nice, and I've found some pretty good PS2 games there for under $15 before the discount from the Edge card.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."
I Want You Inside Me
LedfortheHead

Postby LedfortheHead » Wed May 06, 2009 3:29 pm

I don't buy much video games, but when i do it's usually amazon.
Deff Janiels
jdawg

Postby jdawg » Wed May 06, 2009 6:45 pm

My gamestop has alot of good ****. although i don't like their biased opinions. and the main worker there annoys the **** out of me. like when i get a game for ps3 hes like, "oh. i herd dat was ghey on ps3."

then im like "i heard you sucked a **** for all three of those burger king games."

that guys a ****.
Ions are here, amazang
blah.
felixdaman18

Postby felixdaman18 » Wed May 06, 2009 7:03 pm

EBgames is fun. I can stay in the store for hours looking at games that I won't buy.

Personally, I like Microplay better, better trade-ins, great workers, good prices for used games, etc.
One time I traded in like 10 gamecube games and I got like 80$ in trade-in money(this was a few months after the PS3 came out). Compare this to a month ago when I went to EB and they offered me 30$ for 4 wii games and 1 ds game.
Another time I didn't like the game I bought there, so they let me return it and pick a different game.
I got Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles over there for 25 bucks used, only a few months after it came out.
Add me on XBL
Free Happy!
fofgh3

Postby fofgh3 » Wed May 06, 2009 7:04 pm

mmsven wrote:Why the hell would anyone buy a used copy of a new game for $55 when you could buy a new copy for $60.

I agree with this the most. I was at gamestop going to buy COD 4...
The used **** messed up case one was $55

The clean new Game of the year edition was $60.

The stickers **** me off too. When I took of the price tag it ripped the plastic thing that seals the game cover. Now it looks like utter ****.

I despise Gamestop.
Beast Of Sexyness
tr000

Postby tr000 » Wed May 06, 2009 7:29 pm

I've only bought Left 4 Dead from gamestop. Oh and Star Wars Bounty Hunter.

I usually go with Gamecrazy. Plus i'm friends with a game dealer. I got The originally Super Mario Brothers and Legend of Zelda for $2. Plus a Playstation 1 for 10$ and games like Apocolypse, Alien Trilogy, Symphony of The Night, Tekken, etc for 5$ each.
http://www.fretsonfire.org/cgi-bin....l=tr000
Yoshis Island Theme, Nite Mamas, Ultimate Bowser, Theme Of Gamma, Cow and Chicken Theme, Blood Gulch Blues.

Epic IRC moment

Spoiler:[22:38] <Jurgen-Bot> DONT FINGER ME!
[22:38] <tr000> lol
[22:38] <away_xbox> But I like to!
[22:39] <tr000> It was me ;)
[22:39] <Jurgen-Bot> you can HE cant
[22:39] <tr000> XD
[22:39] <away_xbox> Haha. I know.
[22:39] <away_xbox> Just thought I'd roll with it.
[22:39] <tr000> You know you want it jurgen
[22:39] <wolfe> thats sounds messy
[22:39] <Jurgen-Bot> Not from a kid like you!
[22:39] <Jurgen-Bot> i want a real man, like Xbox
[22:39] <away_xbox> Eww, georgia.
[22:39] <Jurgen-Bot> he knows how to " oil my joints "
[22:40] <tr000> oh...my...god
[22:40] <away_xbox> :)
[22:40] <wolfe> kinky
[22:44] <tr000> tr000 is alive
[22:45] * Jurgen-Bot reaches under the counter and produces a 12 inch purple rubber dong, he then grabs tr000 by the neck and drags them into the bathroom..
[22:45] * Jurgen-Bot can be heard shouting " you like that dont you! " . After a few minutes....
[22:45] * Jurgen-Bot returns, dragging a crying tr000 with one hand and the stump of the dong in the other " it broke off! what can i say !! "
[22:45] <Jurgen-Bot> Was it good for you too tr000 ???
[22:45] <away_xbox> THAT needs to go in your sig.
[22:45] <away_xbox> Jurgen, you may have been too rough....
[22:45] <Jurgen-Bot> awww hes gone all quiet, perhaps hes gone to put some ice on his poor busted ring hole :)
[22:45] <away_xbox> I think he passed out.
[22:45] <Nobby76-Away> what happened?? did jurgen break someone again ??
[22:45] <away_xbox> Yes nobby, I think you programmed jurgen to be too rough on people.
[22:45] <Nobby76-Away> HAHAH there isnt a " TOO rough "
[22:45] <away_xbox> Hahaha
[22:45] <Nobby76-Away> just not experienced enough

The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Wed May 06, 2009 7:59 pm

I have 2 EB games where i live. I find that people running them can be asses. i've worked out a simple equation for how much you would get for trading in a game.

You would get 33% of what they sell it for. i figured this out one day when i traded in scarface for the computer. The game was $29.99 + tax and all i got for it was around $10
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

stop
quakegod667

Postby quakegod667 » Wed May 06, 2009 11:09 pm

tr000 wrote:Apocolypse, Alien Trilogy, Symphony of The Night, Tekken

Those 4 games.
Epic. F*cking. Win.

It's a shame they stopped selling PS1 games... The last PS1 game I ever bought was Apocalypse, and it took forever to find it. I found it New at a CVS for 20 bucks stashed away in the random bullshits pile.

Back-on-topic:

I've only ever bought 2 or 3 games at a GameStop that was so scratched it didn't play: Operation C (PS1 Contra with the 3D-glasses = win), The Matrix: Path of Neo (that was actually Atari's fault, not GameStop; the disc looked fine), and Front Mission 3 (Ah, the glory days. How depressed I was when it suddenly froze and never loaded back up... D: )
Fail Rating = 2%
RaianTheFallen

Postby RaianTheFallen » Thu May 07, 2009 12:24 am

I never really hated Gamestop, the one near me was usually fair.

Got $30 store credit when I traded in my old copy of DDR:E.
Maartah

Postby Maartah » Thu May 07, 2009 5:04 am

Right here all you've got are either unknown random shops. If you don't want to buy at the interet, you'll either have to buy your games in a Megamall as V&D (no clue if it's known outside the Netherlands) or in eloctronics shops such as Mediamarkt (same story). No, I've never bought a lot of games, but I rally never ad any good oppertunities aswell :laugh:
My Youtube Page!
KenshinHimuraRK wrote:beards are f*cking awesome.

vedicardi wrote:what did you do after you literally sh1t your pants
gaderael

Postby gaderael » Thu May 07, 2009 6:53 pm

I usually hit the two EBGames in my area every couple of weeks. I've never had a problen with them. The staff are pretty cool and will tell you if a game is good or sucks if you ask them.

I'm a PC gamer only, so their small selection of games is sad, but it's no smaller than anywhere else I've looked. Their prices are good. I've gotten Mass Effect and Bioshock there for Twenty bucks each new (Only got a decent GPU card a few months ago).

An interesting tidbit here for you though. The day I got Mass Effect I was looking and GOTY Edition of ESIV: Oblivion. It was Thirty bucks new. I looked at the vanilla Oblivion in the used part and it was Fifty (!?!). I asked the dude to double chack those prices for me and he confirmed that those were the prices. He then informed me that the retail and used departments for EB and pretty much standalone and do not communicate with one another, which is why you get these strange price discrepancies.

Also, in regards to Microplay, the only one we have here is alright. VERY small PC section, and they're only used. They have a lot of old (think DOOM 1, Quake, Deer Hunter) games. Not a great selection otherwise. I looked at their PS1 games and they had FFVII there for Ninety bucks! I asked the guy and he got all snooty and flippant with me when he told me that was the right price. I was not impressed. It makes me wish I could find my copy of it though. I bought it nine years ago used for twenty bucks.

My two cents.
You should call your **** a WMD.

Since your lady probably has trouble finding it....
Fail Rating = 2%
RaianTheFallen

Postby RaianTheFallen » Fri May 08, 2009 8:24 pm

I looked at their PS1 games and they had FFVII there for Ninety bucks!

Yeah, it's an outrageous price for anything. That's why I get my PS1 games emulated.

Emulation ftw. xD
I was wrong... maybe
Jama7301

Postby Jama7301 » Sat May 09, 2009 11:31 am

RaianTheFallen wrote:
I looked at their PS1 games and they had FFVII there for Ninety bucks!

Yeah, it's an outrageous price for anything. That's why I get my PS1 games emulated.
That game in particular is actually priced about right. I've seen it in other game places for roughly 150-200 dollars. Online, seen it for upwards $300. The only PS1 games people seem to carry anymore are the rare ones, since they don't take trade ins on really anything else. At least around here.
"The key to strategy...is not to choose a path to victory, but to choose so that all paths lead to a victory."

Return to “Off-Topic”