Parabolani - "A Beautiful Collision"

Everything else in here
This topic is 15 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Shredder
jake2k3

Parabolani - "A Beautiful Collision"

Postby jake2k3 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:07 am

Hey all,
For any of you familiar with the David Crowder Band, I've gone and recorded a cover of his song "A Beautiful Collision". For those unfamiliar with DCB, I recorded a song! Before you harp me for sound quality I recorded this using Audacity, my Rock Band mic, and a $35 USB to 1/4 inch cable I bought from Target. I'm not exactly rich, and I got the highest quality I could from what I had available. But on to the song.

It's not a cover intending to sound exactly like the original. The only things still intact from the original are the lyrics and vocals (to a point), and the key/chord progression. I do not play it the same as DCB does, nor was I trying to. I feel that the definition of a "cover" is a song you took and made yours.

I'm open to any criticism you have. Bring it on. I'm not the flashiest or most skilled guitarist, I know, but I feel that at this point this is my best work. I'm not asking you to spare your criticism, I want you to be brutaly honest with me, just don't expect flying solos and trills and stuff.

Anyway, you can listen to the song at my MySpace, here, or compare it to the original versions here (A Collision), or here (B Collision).

Listen and please leave feedback.
~Jake2k3
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3

Return to “Off-Topic”