Band shirts

Everything else in here
This topic is 14 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Phil

Band shirts

Postby Phil » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:54 am

I was curious if anyone else collected band shirts, I collect metal shirts, most of which are vintage from the 80's or 90's, but do have a few reprints. Does anyone else collect?

Heres my photobucket of my shirts: http://s398.photobucket.com/albums/pp65/motard3/
Most recent song: As I Am-Dream Theater
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Re: Band shirts

Postby vedicardi » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:08 am

I just have reprints and generic band shirts. Not very many of them either. Soon I am getting a limited edition Evile shirt though... Looking forward to that.

---- EDIT ----

I'd kill for a no place for disgrace shirt!!!!!
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
yogsothoth

Postby yogsothoth » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:10 am

I design some band shirts for the not-so-well-known local bands.
I have a few shirts from more well known bands too, but not a lot.
Power Quest's #1 Fan
omfgdrphl

Postby omfgdrphl » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:32 am

I'm looking for a Megadeth shirt with the design that used to be Moep's avvy. No luck though. :\

Besides that, I has none. :sad:
Maartah

Postby Maartah » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:59 am

I don't have any, I never really liked them. To wear that is. I've watched through most of yours the Cannibal Corpse two are pretty... gory. Do you ever getreactions on them when you wear them? (if you wear them)
My Youtube Page!
KenshinHimuraRK wrote:beards are f*cking awesome.

vedicardi wrote:what did you do after you literally sh1t your pants
Phil

Postby Phil » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:33 pm

The Eaten back to life one is more talked about when wearing them, while the Tomb of the Mutilated people don't know whats going on, but yeah people will look at them, no ones really said anything though.

---- EDIT ----

vedicardi wrote:I just have reprints and generic band shirts. Not very many of them either. Soon I am getting a limited edition Evile shirt though... Looking forward to that.

---- EDIT ----

I'd kill for a no place for disgrace shirt!!!!!

Just go to ebay every once in a while and look up flotsam and jetsam shirt for search, ever once in a while one will pop up, usually they go for a lot, but got mine relatively cheap.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:25 pm

Phil wrote:
Just go to ebay every once in a while and look up flotsam and jetsam shirt for search, ever once in a while one will pop up, usually they go for a lot, but got mine relatively cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FLOTSAM-AND-JETSAM- ... 240%3A1318

That'll do C:
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
oed

Postby oed » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:53 pm

Well I don't really collect, but It's almost the only thing I wear :biggrin:
ImageImage
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:56 pm

oed wrote:Well I don't really collect, but It's almost the only thing I wear :biggrin:

Same here, I've never seen the logic in buying vintage, since I'm just going to wear them anyway.

Of course, all the ones I keep buying at shows today will be the ones all the rocker-teens will want in twenty years, so I doubt I'll throw them out.
Phil

Postby Phil » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:01 pm

Lysdestic wrote:
oed wrote:Well I don't really collect, but It's almost the only thing I wear :biggrin:

Same here, I've never seen the logic in buying vintage, since I'm just going to wear them anyway.

Of course, all the ones I keep buying at shows today will be the ones all the rocker-teens will want in twenty years, so I doubt I'll throw them out.

Different designs were made back in the day, and usually recognition. Some bands will notice this and talk to you after a show. Collecting also does make you money, its kinda crappy, but most people on ebay sell some vintage slayer shirts at $200 up, and thats also why theres a lot of bootleggers.
I eat marbles
klorjne

Postby klorjne » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:07 pm

I have a Grateful Dead shirt, and I used to have a Gorillaz shirt in like 8th grade but it doesn't fit anymore
vedicardi wrote:I wonder how many more pages this thread will last before it gets locked like every other thread on here started by some idiot
amak11 wrote:(Oh no klorjne don't sig quote me again, i proved online gameplay on a portable gaming device will be slow)
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:12 pm

Phil wrote:
Lysdestic wrote:

Different designs were made back in the day, and usually recognition. Some bands will notice this and talk to you after a show. Collecting also does make you money, its kinda crappy, but most people on ebay sell some vintage slayer shirts at $200 up, and thats also why theres a lot of bootleggers.

I can see that; it makes sense. Still, I'll keep buying my band shirts at 15 dollars a pop, when it's all you wear, you can't afford to spend to much. Besides, daddy needs an apartment.
OrangePossum

Postby OrangePossum » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:03 pm

Phil wrote:I was curious if anyone else collected band shirts, I collect metal shirts, most of which are vintage from the 80's or 90's, but do have a few reprints. Does anyone else collect?

Heres my photobucket of my shirts: http://s398.photobucket.com/albums/pp65/motard3/

You've got a pretty good taste in music. Lots of old thrash and death metal, I like.

I've got 3 band shirts: one Smashing Pumpkins shirt I got at a concert in August, and a Black Flag shirt and 7 Seconds shirt I made with sharpie and blank tee-shirts in May.

No pictures of the Pumpkins shirt, but here's the other two: http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9226 ... 432mg4.jpg
Phil

Postby Phil » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:31 pm

May kinda sound like im in it for this, but Its not the main reason, the shirts of now are at sometime going to go up in price too, so i'll but some Evile shirts or newer bands in general, but I also like and support those bands. I am not greedy as the ebay user RainbowGasoline is, bastard has a immolation shirt that has holes in it for 200.
Free Happy!
fofgh3

Postby fofgh3 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:25 pm

wow how often do you buy these. bandd tees you usually cost alot

Return to “Off-Topic”