Announce new albums - From any band

Everything else in here
This topic is 10 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Fuzkeren

Re: Announce new albums - From any band

Postby Fuzkeren » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:48 am

crazy.neo wrote:St Anger was awful, stop deluding yourselves. Even Metallica says so.

Oh, Metallica said it sucked? Then it must suck.
...just shut the hell up, please. I know I don't even have to give you the whole "music is subjective bla bla bla" speech, but let me make it clear, music is entirely subjective. St. Anger doesn't have one song on it that i don't genuinely enjoy listening to. Just because there was nothing on it for your picky taste, doesn't mean it sucks for everyone else.
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:13 pm

Fuzkeren wrote:
crazy.neo wrote:St Anger was awful, stop deluding yourselves. Even Metallica says so.

Oh, Metallica said it sucked? Then it must suck.
...just shut the hell up, please. I know I don't even have to give you the whole "music is subjective bla bla bla" speech, but let me make it clear, music is entirely subjective. St. Anger doesn't have one song on it that i don't genuinely enjoy listening to. Just because there was nothing on it for your picky taste, doesn't mean it sucks for everyone else.

Metallica said it sucks. Press said it sucked. Fans were vocal against it. Documentary showing it's production shows that everyone involved in it feared it would be a mess. It put the band in a standstill that would only be over with Death Magnetic. There is plenty to go around.
No, music isn't subjective. Taste is. And your taste is out of the ordinary, and thus you enjoy something that the average people considers bad. YOUR taste is picky, not everyone else's. And there's nothing wrong with that.
変なの、信じられない
vedicardi

Postby vedicardi » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:30 am

yo chek out da new korn albujm its gona be 100 persant dubstep DOPE DOPE DOPE
** そんなこと言ってるからいつまでも子供って言われるのよ **
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:19 am

ASSDROP

WOBWOBWOB
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Fuzkeren

Postby Fuzkeren » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:19 pm

crazy.neo wrote:Metallica said it sucks. Press said it sucked. Fans were vocal against it. Documentary showing it's production shows that everyone involved in it feared it would be a mess. It put the band in a standstill that would only be over with Death Magnetic. There is plenty to go around.
No, music isn't subjective. Taste is. And your taste is out of the ordinary, and thus you enjoy something that the average people considers bad. YOUR taste is picky, not everyone else's. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Why do you keep stating who said it sucked? It doesn't matter who said it sucks. "Fans were vocal against it" I don't know what that means exactly, but i think you mean that "the fans" were against - but obviously not all fans. I've been a fan for as long as i've known them, i always liked St. Anger.
And yeah, that's what i meant. Taste is subjective. Thus meaning that what you and a hundred thousand other people don't like, somebody else might like. Again, meaning that it doesn't matter anything at all how many people don't like it. For example: one of the biggest and most respected music magazines out there, Rolling Stone, gave St. Anger 4/5 stars. With your logic, this means that the album should be very good, but not perfect. But is that correct? No, it's not. Just like with all people, their taste and therefore opinion is subjective, as well as with this magazine. In conclusion, it doesn't matter how many or whoever says that the album sucks or rocks.
Therefore, saying that
is wrong.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:51 pm

Rolling Stone is respected?
COUNTERPOINT

abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:08 pm

Fuzkeren wrote:
crazy.neo wrote:Metallica said it sucks. Press said it sucked. Fans were vocal against it. Documentary showing it's production shows that everyone involved in it feared it would be a mess. It put the band in a standstill that would only be over with Death Magnetic. There is plenty to go around.

Why do you keep stating who said it sucked? It doesn't matter who said it sucks. "Fans were vocal against it" I don't know what that means exactly, but i think you mean that "the fans" were against - but obviously not all fans. I've been a fan for as long as i've known them, i always liked St. Anger.
And yeah, that's what i meant. Taste is subjective. Thus meaning that what you and a hundred thousand other people don't like, somebody else might like. Again, meaning that it doesn't matter anything at all how many people don't like it. For example: one of the biggest and most respected music magazines out there, Rolling Stone, gave St. Anger 4/5 stars. With your logic, this means that the album should be very good, but not perfect. But is that correct? No, it's not. Just like with all people, their taste and therefore opinion is subjective, as well as with this magazine. In conclusion, it doesn't matter how many or whoever says that the album sucks or rocks.
Therefore, saying that
is wrong.

Dubstep is popular, but that doesn't mean it's quality music.
St. Anger was bad when talking about quality. It was a mess. But it's not wrong for you to like it. As crazy.neo said, taste IS subjective, so you may like it, but music isn't. The fact that a bunch of people likes it doens't mean it's good.
If a bunch of people enjoy urethral sex, it won't change the fact that it's a terrible thing to do.

Btw, Rolling Stone is dildos.
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:47 pm

I give up, they get it.
Fuzkeren

Postby Fuzkeren » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:57 pm

RedShadow wrote:Dubstep is popular, but that doesn't mean it's quality music.
St. Anger was bad when talking about quality. It was a mess. But it's not wrong for you to like it. As crazy.neo said, taste IS subjective, so you may like it, but music isn't. The fact that a bunch of people likes it doens't mean it's good.
If a bunch of people enjoy urethral sex, it won't change the fact that it's a terrible thing to do.

Btw, Rolling Stone is dildos.

St. Anger isn't popular, but that doesn't mean it's not quality music. The fact that a bunch of people doesn't like it, doesn't mean it's not good. See? You can turn it exactly the other way around. And comparing it to urethral sex is, like the rest of our opinions, subjective. I wouldn't compare it to urethral sex. I would compare it to something positive. Like candy. Just because some people say it's bad for your teeth, it won't change the fact that many people find it delicious. My point is, no matter how you turn it, it's always gonna be entirely subjective. Saying that the quality of the music pure and simple is bad, is just an elitist opinion, and the only real point in time where that argument would be somewhat valid, would be if EVERYONE (read: EVERYONE) agreed with it. Which is obviously not the case, and therefore the argument is nullified.

Music is about the feeling, not the "physical" quality of it (quality based on several factors). Just because some people don't get that feeling we all know and love, when listening to great music, from this album, does in no way mean it's a bad album.
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:10 pm

I didn't say some people didn't enjoy the candy. I said the candy was made out of spider eggs. Herpderp how do I figures of speech¿
Fuzkeren

Postby Fuzkeren » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:51 pm

Haha :D I didn't say that either, i just said they didn't eat it because apparently it's bad for your teeth. Which is my idea of the equivalent of not listening to music because of "bad quality".
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:37 pm

Music is about the feeling, not the "physical" quality of it (quality based on several factors). Just because some people don't get that feeling we all know and love, when listening to great music, from this album, does in no way mean it's a bad album.

Sorry, but the production has a lot to do with music being of high quality. Let's say you have a movie with a lot of good acting and a great story, but the shots are god awful and the sets are poor and the scenes are poorly mic'd and the movie comes off feeling cheap.

The basic elements that generally make movies good are in place, but the elements that should automatically be good are lacking.

You can still like it, but it's still bad as a movie.
COUNTERPOINT

Fuzkeren

Postby Fuzkeren » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:50 am

aander91 wrote:

Sorry, but the production has a lot to do with music being of high quality. Let's say you have a movie with a lot of good acting and a great story, but the shots are god awful and the sets are poor and the scenes are poorly mic'd and the movie comes off feeling cheap.

The basic elements that generally make movies good are in place, but the elements that should automatically be good are lacking.

You can still like it, but it's still bad as a movie.

I see where you're coming from, but I don't agree with it. I still think those factors you mention are seen objectively. You think they suck, I think they give the album an awesome raw atmosphere.
jole

Postby jole » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:20 pm

back from the dead
thebocaj

Postby thebocaj » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:10 pm

I was about to rage at you for "cheating", then I saw that Galneryus released a new album today.
My Charts:
I · II · III · IV · V · VI · Clone Hero conversions

Return to “Off-Topic”