Announce new albums - From any band

Everything else in here
This topic is 10 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Always So Negative
RealCheese

Re: Announce new albums - From any band

Postby RealCheese » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:30 pm

Electro Tomato wrote:Did you just say that City of Evil was an epic?

I like it...
foREVer
HxC A7X Fan

Postby HxC A7X Fan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:50 pm

Well, yeah.
Kickass Drum Charter
tadracing99

Postby tadracing99 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:50 pm

RealCheese wrote:

I like it...

Good album, not an epic.
ImageMy Frets on Fire Songs(Drums and Guitar)
CURRENTLY 217 SONGS!

-------------------------------------------
Nightwish - Century Child (Expert Guitar and Drums Expert+)
-------------------------------------------
The Entire Nightwish Discography
Yes! It's Done
DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Postby Typhus » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:31 pm

City Of Evil is my favorite album from A7X. It is, as well, for almost of the fans (see the votes on the official page). So, I guess that when it was said that the there was going to be made efforts to make the new album as epic as CoE, I think that what was meant is to be as good as City Of Evil.

Anyway, just by looking at some comments, I don't understand why so much reluctance regarding A7X in considering them a damn good band. :glare:

When I first listen to them I thought "These guys are the Guns N' Roses of the 21st Century"...tell me that "Seize The Day" doesn't remind you of GN'R...

In my opinion, they are (were) not just good musicians, but, as well, they have lots of creativity and truly awesome voice arrangements throughout they're songs.

The only thing I don't like about them is their look...but musically speaking, IMO, they do ROCK!

And Jimmy was a god damn awesome drummer! Sh*t! I still can't believe the dude's gone... :ohmy: :crying:

P.S. - A7X isn't by far, my favorite band of all times, for those of you who might get fooled by my avatar and signature. It was something I've found when I first joined this community and I liked it (still do...that's why it's the same). So don't get me wrong by thinking "this is just an A7X fanatic, that's why we talks good...". I'm not an A7X fanatic, I just like them, as I like many other bands.
Last edited by Typhus on Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nothing for now...

Click Here -> Latest W.I.P. song is Ride The Sky by Helloween

Kotti wrote:One of the many songs Typhus made for FoFH3. Check out his song thread, he deserves more recognition than is getting...
lukarocker wrote:Your latest Arch enemy song made my decision! YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE FRETTER!!!
nariel99 wrote:But luckily , you find the post and were interested in the project. And the result : a pure moment of epicness in Frets on Fire . Once again thank you...
death_au wrote:Power metal covers of pop songs = WIN
+ Frets on Fire = EPIC WIN. Thank you Typhus :thumbup:
OPIK wrote:+ All difficulties included. That's PRECISELY why TYPHUS is in my "Personnal TOP 3 Best Fretters" !
dertanz wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T EVER QUIT... man you are one of my fav charters :crying: you can't quit... if you quit charting I'd quit playing :crying:
DaBackStabber666 wrote:I love your frettings :D
loth wrote:Typhus YOU SO RULE!! I love playing the songs you have fretted! :2thumbsup: Even on Supereasy the accurate representation of the music comes out. What a pleasure playing these, I can't wait for more metal tunes from you. Thanks SO much for doing ALL LEVELS, my fun meter is on high! :thumbup:
THANKS GUYS!!

My Song Thread [ALL DIFFICULTIES] | Alternative/Rock/Metal Genres
Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake -> FULL ALBUM
Lamb Of God - Sacrament -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Lamb Of God - Wrath -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Check out Puppetz Advanced Song Tutorial, now with instructions on how to use Anchors.
Nicknamed Shamrock
Kermit4Prez

Postby Kermit4Prez » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:33 pm

>implying it's some sort of accomplishment to be the Guns 'n' Roses of the century

Spoiler:

It's not a real goose, it's only a picture of one.

DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Postby Typhus » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:38 pm

What? Now GN'R aren't (weren't) epic!?

Jesus...

Why do you always think the exact opposite of me? Are you my arch-enemy? (LOL! :laugh: )

Nothing for now...

Kotti wrote:One of the many songs Typhus made for FoFH3. Check out his song thread, he deserves more recognition than is getting...
lukarocker wrote:Your latest Arch enemy song made my decision! YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE FRETTER!!!
nariel99 wrote:But luckily , you find the post and were interested in the project. And the result : a pure moment of epicness in Frets on Fire . Once again thank you...
OPIK wrote:+ All difficulties included. That's PRECISELY why TYPHUS is in my "Personnal TOP 3 Best Fretters" !
dertanz wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T EVER QUIT... man you are one of my fav charters :crying: you can't quit... if you quit charting I'd quit playing :crying:
loth wrote:Typhus YOU SO RULE!! I love playing the songs you have fretted! :2thumbsup: Even on Supereasy the accurate representation of the music comes out. What a pleasure playing these, I can't wait for more metal tunes from you. Thanks SO much for doing ALL LEVELS, my fun meter is on high! :thumbup:
THANKS GUYS!!

Check out Puppetz Advanced Song Tutorial, now with instructions on how to use Anchors.
foREVer
HxC A7X Fan

Postby HxC A7X Fan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:53 pm

Typhus wrote:City Of Evil is my favorite album from A7X. It is, as well, for almost of the fans (see the votes on the official page). So, I guess that when it was said that the there was going to be made efforts to make the new album as epic as CoE, I think that what was meant is to be as good as City Of Evil.

Anyway, just by looking at some comments, I don't understand why so much reluctance regarding A7X in considering them a damn good band. :glare:

When I first listen to them I thought "These guys are the Guns N' Roses of the 21st Century"...tell me that "Seize The Day" doesn't remind you of GN'R...

In my opinion, they are (were) not just good musicians, but, as well, they have lots of creativity and truly awesome voice arrangements throughout they're songs.

The only thing I don't like about them is their look...but musically speaking, IMO, they do ROCK!

And Jimmy was a god damn awesome drummer! Sh*t! I still can't believe the dude's gone... :ohmy: :crying:

P.S. - A7X isn't by far, my favorite band of all times, for those of you who might get fooled by my avatar and signature. It was something I've found when I first joined this community and I liked it (still do...that's why it's the same). So don't get me wrong by thinking "this is just an A7X fanatic, that's why we talks good...". I'm not an A7X fanatic, I just like them, as I like many other bands.

That's what I was meaning by the epic thing. Thanks for explaining that. Things get easily misconstrued around this forum. :confused:
Also, careful about mourning Jimmy's death around here, too. I've gotten mercilessly bashed for doing so.
Back on topic, I can't wait for the new album. I hope The Rev (as well as the other 4 guys, of course) put massive amounts of awesomeness into the songs the had completed and such before his passing.
Likewise, I believe beyond the shadow of a doubt that their talents will be greatly shown in this next album. But don't listen to me; I'm just an A7X fanatic. :P
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:57 pm

Typhus wrote:What? Now GN'R aren't (weren't) epic!?

Ehhhhhhhh.

And I really don't see why everyone thinks Seize the Day is a good milestone of their achievements, it basically showcases every reason why people DON'T like them. They're supposed to be metal, but they have all the pop like songs that really turn off those people looking for something new and creative.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Postby Typhus » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:14 am

aander91 wrote:

Ehhhhhhhh.

And I really don't see why everyone thinks Seize the Day is a good milestone of their achievements, it basically showcases every reason why people DON'T like them. They're supposed to be metal, but they have all the pop like songs that really turn off those people looking for something new and creative.

That's exactly why I've compared them to GN'R. They, as well, have some Metal influences, but their not Metal per-see. I consider both bands truly awesome Hard Rock bands. A7X have (better yet) had a major difference, for starters, their first albums were more aggressive, therefore not so Hard Rock, and mainly, their drummer was definitely playing Metal style.

And, being "Pseudo-POP" doesn't make them a non-creative band...

Nothing for now...

THANKS GUYS!!

runnin' down a dream
DreamOnMan92

Postby DreamOnMan92 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:48 pm

Typhus wrote:
aander91 wrote:

Ehhhhhhhh.

That's exactly why I've compared them to GN'R. They, as well, have some Metal influences, but their not Metal per-see. I consider both bands truly awesome Hard Rock bands. A7X have (better yet) had a major difference, for starters, their first albums were more aggressive, therefore not so Hard Rock, and mainly, their drummer was definitely playing Metal style.

And, being "Pseudo-POP" doesn't make them a non-creative band...

Avenged Sevenfold are missing all the debauchery and lack a "signature song" or two that EVERYONE recognizes them by... plus they've never had any chart success. So no, they're not the 21st century GnR.
DREAMONSONGS THREAD Newest:
Tom Petty - Don't Do Me Like That
Bon Jovi - Runaway
Nicknamed Shamrock
Kermit4Prez

Postby Kermit4Prez » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:52 pm

DaBackStabber666 wrote:That's because all the charts are these days is "Lady Gaga" and all that sh*t.

>implying that's at all relevant

Every century had like a hundred crap famous songs for every one good famous song, we just remember the good famous songs more.

Spoiler:

It's not a real goose, it's only a picture of one.

Always So Negative
RealCheese

Postby RealCheese » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:15 pm

DreamOnMan92 wrote:Avenged Sevenfold are missing all the debauchery and lack a "signature song" or two that EVERYONE recognizes them by... plus they've never had any chart success. So no, they're not the 21st century GnR.

Bat Country...?
foREVer
HxC A7X Fan

Postby HxC A7X Fan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:18 pm

RealCheese wrote:
DreamOnMan92 wrote:Avenged Sevenfold are missing all the debauchery and lack a "signature song" or two that EVERYONE recognizes them by... plus they've never had any chart success. So no, they're not the 21st century GnR.

Bat Country...?

I've also heard Almost Easy on the radio quite a bit.
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:55 pm

RealCheese wrote:

Bat Country...?

I "like" them, as in I don't mind them, think they could do better but are better than others and don't own any of their stuff, but probably like them more actively than others, and hadn't heard that song until watching an RB video.

Also, my brother likes them, along with a lot of other pop stuff played on the radio, and he hates pretty much anything by them that isn't Afterlife or Seize the Day (which he loves). So I'm not sure if that would chart, or at least I don't think it has the chance that the other two do.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble

Return to “Off-Topic”