Guitar Hero: The Movie? - Possible.

Everything else in here
This topic is 15 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Zircon

Postby Zircon » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:28 pm

http://www.movieweb.com/news/31/30931.php

Brett Ratner apparently loves the hit video game Guitar Hero so much he wants to make a movie about it. MTV Multiplayer Blog, the network's video game news site, recently spoke with Ratner, who revealed his tenative plans for a movie based off Activision's hit video game series, Guitar Hero.

"I love Guitar Hero and I think it's a part of pop culture. I would love to do a Guitar Hero movie, if Activision would ever let me. I'm trying to convince them, but why would you have a movie screw up such a huge franchise? Not that I would make a bad movie. So that would be cool, to do a Guitar Hero movie. "

If you're wondering about a story for this potential movie, Ratner has some thoughts on that as well.

"It could be about a kid from a small town who dreams of being a rock star and he wins the Guitar Hero competition. One of these dreams-[come-true] kind of concepts."

Ratner's involvement with the game franchise is significant, as he provided the name for the upcoming version of the game, Guitar Hero: World Tour, which is similar to MTV's own game, Rock Band. He has also featured the game in recent music videos he directed for Miley Cyrus, for which he was nominated for Best Director at this year's MTV Video Music Awards, and Mariah Carey and instrumented the Guitar Hero spots from American Idol.

We'll be sure to keep you posted with any developments on this possible movie.

Gah :/ why?
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:36 pm

Why not?
venus_doom

Postby venus_doom » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:39 pm

crazy.neo wrote:Why not?

Because it would be sh*t
Zircon

Postby Zircon » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:40 pm

Well okay, I'm not against it but I don't have high hopes for this one :p
drummaniac28

Postby drummaniac28 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:50 pm

No

And IGN already had an article on this a couple months ago.
tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:58 pm

it depends... if he focuses on the MUSIC and not some crappy story, it might not be bad.... i mean, trials of a band as they try and rise to stardom... doing cover acts in clubs and stuff and eventually touring... they'd have to write a fair amount of music for it since you can't realistically have a famous cover band, but meh....

also, if you interpret this is being about some fictional kid who wins a guitar hero tourney or something, EPIC FREAKING FAIL. that'd suck worse than Uwe Boll. (and for those who don't know who he is, trust me, that's nearly impossible)
the only way this could be somewhat decent is if it's about a rock band and they focus on having awesome music.
Welcome to an internet message board, where every answer comes with a free side of sarcasm or criticism. Enjoy your stay.
Playin' bongos mofo!
gebbss

Postby gebbss » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:58 pm

Zircon wrote:...based off Activision's hit video game series, Guitar Hero.

"Activision's hit video game series" pfft!

It's funny how it's THEIR SERIES when they've only made one (crappy) version of it and the two earlier ones came from Harmonix.
Moonflow43

Postby Moonflow43 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:02 pm

@gebbss, wrong.

they made two (crappy) versions of it (aerosmith) and activision has always been a part of guitar hero even in the 1/2/80's. it's actually when neversoft stepped did they crap it up
Check out my songs thread here // Forum Instructional Video
Playin' bongos mofo!
gebbss

Postby gebbss » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:04 pm

Woops, looks I was thinking of the wrong heartless, money-hungry, capitalist corporation..

Oh, well.. It still sucks.
A bit sleepy
Kotti

Postby Kotti » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:05 pm

If I wanted a GH movie, I'd write Guitar Hero with a black marker over Tenacious D.
REA

Postby REA » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:13 pm

its "The Wizard" all over again.
The Final Darkness
dadudemandude

Postby dadudemandude » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:14 pm

I already smell the haters...
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:53 pm

I was going to make a movie trailer about something like this for my Video Course. Have like a really nerdy kid and his friend sign up for a guitar hero tourney and eventually keep on going up and up and up and make it to nationals. It'd be like
*Really Nerdy voice*
"Dude, there's a GH tourney this weekend and they say whoever wins is going to nationals"
"Yeah, like we'd ever make it to nats"
"Maybe no you but me, yeah, I can like so totally FC TTFATF on expert noob, I'm gonna take down all those losers"*nerdy laugh*

It'd be horrible comedy like that, I have the right to make fun of people like that because I am one.
Last edited by blazingamer on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blackfriday

Postby blackfriday » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:56 pm

Moonflow43 wrote:@gebbss, wrong.

they made two (crappy) versions of it (aerosmith) and activision has always been a part of guitar hero even in the 1/2/80's. it's actually when neversoft stepped did they crap it up

Three! Guitar Hero: On Tour!
venus_doom

Postby venus_doom » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:57 pm

tibiazak wrote:it depends... if he focuses on the MUSIC and not some crappy story, it might not be bad.... i mean, trials of a band as they try and rise to stardom... doing cover acts in clubs and stuff and eventually touring... they'd have to write a fair amount of music for it since you can't realistically have a famous cover band, but meh....

also, if you interpret this is being about some fictional kid who wins a guitar hero tourney or something, EPIC FREAKING FAIL. that'd suck worse than Uwe Boll. (and for those who don't know who he is, trust me, that's nearly impossible)
the only way this could be somewhat decent is if it's about a rock band and they focus on having awesome music.

Worst then uwe boll :O nothing can be that bad

Return to “Off-Topic”