favorite anime - screw cartoons

Everything else in here
Blue Hedgehog

Postby Blue Hedgehog » Mon May 19, 2008 9:20 pm

My all time favorite is Samurai Champloo, but some of my other favorites are Eureka seveN, Blood+, FLCL, and Haruhi.

Not you're average otaku.
Superhotglue

Postby Superhotglue » Mon May 19, 2008 9:38 pm

Screw cartoons my ***! Go spongebob!!!!!!!!!! Lol.

IDK, I dont really have a favorite :p
Last edited by Superhotglue on Mon May 19, 2008 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I gotz teh VidMaster Annual achievement :D
tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Mon May 19, 2008 10:51 pm

i actually liked Noir... i loved the soundtrack, i don't mind the story dragging... and the violence doesn't have to be realistic if it's fun to watch. sit back and enjoy the ride sven! *hums Salva Nos*

and seriously, the 3rd episode where the one chick stabs a dude with his own sunglasses.... :p

now for an update in my list of good anime!

i have seen almost all of BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad and it's really cool... i have seen about half of Speed Grapher, and it's also cool (although definitely not for children)... i saw a movie called Paprika that blew my mind - if you like trippy stuff that messes with your mind, watch this... and i saw a movie called Perfect Blue (thanks for the recommendation mmsven) that also blew my mind. if you've watched either Paprika or Perfect Blue but not seen the other one, and you liked one of them, WATCH THE OTHER ONE NOW! [/longpost]

edit: ok, i should clarify the fact that i've not actually seen all of Noir. i've seen 5 episodes or so.... meaning i'm not necessarily qualified to say good or bad, just that i liked what i saw.
Last edited by tibiazak on Mon May 19, 2008 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to an internet message board, where every answer comes with a free side of sarcasm or criticism. Enjoy your stay.
the pillows fretter
busterkun

Postby busterkun » Mon May 19, 2008 11:37 pm

Recently saw Gunbuster (the original OAV). I enjoyed it. It was nice that it didn't completely throw physics out the window. It is one of the few Sci-fi stories that involve time dilation from space travel, which made this OAV stand out amongst all the other giant robot/space anime.
Last edited by busterkun on Tue May 20, 2008 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I think...that good music...has no borders...no race...and is timeless!" -Sawao Yamanaka
-songs completed : 7?, most recent: Swanky Street (link down, I'll upload again as soon as FoFiX inspires me with new features!)

I'm no longer around, sorry.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue May 20, 2008 12:26 am

My favorite is probably The Slayers. I'm looking forward to them reviving it with a new TV series in the near future. But as far as less-comical anime goes, FMA probably gets my vote as 2nd favorite.
Power Quest's #1 Fan
omfgdrphl

Postby omfgdrphl » Tue May 20, 2008 12:40 am

Bleach, and Agent Paper are/were good. Probably the worst I've seen is green, green. Can't think of others at the moment.
mmsven

Postby mmsven » Tue May 20, 2008 3:55 am

tibiazak wrote:edit: ok, i should clarify the fact that i've not actually seen all of Noir. i've seen 5 episodes or so.... meaning i'm not necessarily qualified to say good or bad, just that i liked what i saw.

When I saw the first few episodes I was like "Well, this is alright I guess" but after watching the same damn thing for countless minutes, all the flaws become apparent and it burned into my brain and made me sick. The only reason I went past the first 15 episodes is because I had heard good things about it beforehand (people said it was their favorite anime... wow). One of the things I didn't mention earlier was another reason it pissed me off, they had no REASON for those young women to have supernatural-like skill (such as jumping 10+ feet). Even DBZ gave reasons for **** sake.

I'd rather burn my **** on a stove element than rewatch that ******* garbage.

The first time was already a 10 hour waste of life.
Last edited by mmsven on Tue May 20, 2008 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maartah

Postby Maartah » Tue May 20, 2008 12:55 pm

Maartah wrote:Ill keep saying it; FMA and death note ftw. Still got to finish Cowboy Bebop, but MAN I'm busy with school right now. (still at university right now =/)

Remember this post? I'm at the EXACT same point right now -.- screw school.

I did got the time to watch a few episodes of .Hack//sign. Not lots of action, and I still do not get what's going on, but it's... intruiging.
My Youtube Page!
KenshinHimuraRK wrote:beards are f*cking awesome.

vedicardi wrote:what did you do after you literally sh1t your pants
tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Tue May 20, 2008 1:03 pm

.hack//sign was ...interesting... but after about 26 episodes, still not knowing if the main character is a chick or not, and generally being bored, i gave up. it's interesting for a while though
Welcome to an internet message board, where every answer comes with a free side of sarcasm or criticism. Enjoy your stay.
Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Tue May 20, 2008 1:44 pm

tibiazak wrote:.hack//sign was ...interesting... but after about 26 episodes, still not knowing if the main character is a chick or not

And this is why you always think "It's a trap..." when watching anime. :D
mmsven

Postby mmsven » Tue May 20, 2008 2:34 pm

tibiazak wrote:.hack//sign was ...interesting... but after about 26 episodes, still not knowing if the main character is a chick or not, and generally being bored, i gave up. it's interesting for a while though

The series was only 26 episodes long, and the answer was completely confirmed in the end.

.Hack//sign is excellent, but the main thing that brings it down is the dragging. I suspect it would be much better if it had been condensed into a 13 episode series.
Lolmaster7

Postby Lolmaster7 » Tue May 20, 2008 2:40 pm

Naruto, Blue Dragon, Bleach, ect...
But I've got my final exams these days, so i won't be able to watch them :(
No One Ever Said That Life Was Fair, And I'm Not Saying That It Should Be...
So Knowing That You Are What You Want To Be And I'm Not Comes As No Surprise....
But Don't Expect Me To Be Happy For You, And Don't Smile At Me And Tell Me Things Will Work Out For Me Too...
I Don't Want Your Pity...I HATE YOUR PITY!!!
Imppe

Postby Imppe » Tue May 20, 2008 6:28 pm

I still have to say that GTO is the best one I've eve seen! Go onizuka! \,,/
Another "season" favourite is Hikaru no go.. =)
Last edited by Imppe on Tue May 20, 2008 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Bonde

Postby James Bonde » Thu May 22, 2008 2:07 pm

Bleach for now, but only cuz I just recently got into anime.
The name's Bonde. James Bonde; with an 'E.'
Maartah

Postby Maartah » Thu May 22, 2008 2:57 pm

oki, I'll see if I can finish both Cowboy bebop and .hack//sign then ;]

btw, I let my father hear the intro of cowboty bebop, "tank!", and he's gonna try to get his big band to play it xD would rock!
My Youtube Page!
KenshinHimuraRK wrote:beards are f*cking awesome.

vedicardi wrote:what did you do after you literally sh1t your pants

Return to “Off-Topic”