Games that SUCKED, and why? - NO GH3 OR ROCK BAND MENTIONS, PLEASE!

Everything else in here
This topic is 15 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:06 am

Samurai Legend Musashi (PS2)

Suck Rating 7/10

Why it sucked:

The first game, Brave Fencer Musashi, was great with a fun sound track, interesting concepts, and was fun. This branch made by the same company, SquareEnix now, is just plan horrible in the NTSC version. Voice acting is horrible and the game play gets repetitive. Sure the character design and graphics were great but it's not enough to make up for the rest of the game.
Last edited by blazingamer on Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mechakitten

Postby Mechakitten » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:25 pm

A game only few people heard of,
R.A.D Robot alchemic Drive. (Ps2 and Xbox?)
Why it sucked? The Voice acting was absolutely horrible (if you can even classify it as voice acting), all the graphics of the game clearly went into the actual robot (the people in this game looked like Lego people with more round edges, the Fire looked like...something weird, when you smashed a Building it shattered into glass like pieces, and the game's graphics randomly lagged), and the story was kinda dumb (had something to do with evolution into robots or something) A Perfect Example

Suck Rating 7/10
After you get past all its crappyness...its actually not a bad game, the controls and the graphics on the robots is what kept the game from being fed to my paper shredder. Okay.. well the controls were vary hard to master but they were still pretty fun to play, especially when I owned everyone who tried to fight me in Versus play. ;D
Last edited by Mechakitten on Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:27 pm

Game: Robot Warlords, alias Velvet Code (PS2)

SUCK rating: 8/10 (Note, SUCK rating is how BAD it is.)

Why it sucked: Slow gameplay, really insane difficulty (I got stuck on Mission 4 :(), and iffy voice acting (in the UK version, at least).
lucianorivera

Postby lucianorivera » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:54 am

dracula origin
suck rate: 8/10
no more sucky graphic adventures!!!! that one was terribad,it was a simple "find the thing between all the pixels and use it on where the guy says he needs something",it's really dumb,i miss Gabriel Knight and Monkey Island
besides graphics were bad,overreacted voices (for me)
The Final Darkness
dadudemandude

Postby dadudemandude » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:08 am

Ninja gaiden dragon sword (DS)
Suck rate: 5/10

While it had nice graphics, absolutely NOTHING can be worse than this game's fighting system! Why so? You have to use the touchscreen for all moves and it can be extremely unresponsive at times, half of the time I find myself getting dusted just because of these controls, they're worse than the worst enemy.
Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:47 pm

Armored Core 3: Last Raven (PS2)

Year: 2006

SUCK Rating: 4/10

Why?: For a start, the game title's misleading... This is not the 3rd game in the series, it is the 10th.

Secondly, the graphics engine for the series hasn't changed for 7 games (from Armored Core 2 back in 2000), so the graphics look rather dated (but the level of detail is quite nice on the Armored Cores themselves).

Thirdly, the plot is... okay... (Unmanned suicide weapons have ravaged the world, previously run by corporations. The three main corporations merge to form 'Alliance', a superpower that wishes to control the world. In response, the mercenary organization Vertex turns against its former employers, resulting in a war. The leader of the mercenaries announces he will lead an all-out war on Alliance in 24 hours. Cue the player, an unallied mercenary. He/She can choose whether or not to help Vertex, Alliance, or other unallied warlords.)

Fourth: The controls. There are two setups, one which uses both analogue sticks, a-la a first-person shooter, and the traditional Armored Core format, which can be quite uncomfortable for those with bad thumbs.

Finally, the part balance is a bit iffy. There are some parts that clearly dominate (such as the fastest of boosters, which are like giant rockets to propel your robot forward), and some that are just too weak to be useful (such as the lightest laser rifle).

On the flipside, once you get past those, it's actually a pretty good game. It's faster than, say, Mechwarrior (or the aforementioned Robot Alchemic Drive), but it's not too fast. With over 500 parts to customise your own giant robot weapon, there are a lot of combinations. The difficulty is quite high, but with 6 endings to choose from, you can dodge the harder missions in favour of the easier ones. (Just watch out for the mission 'Destroy the Internecine'. That is a real betch.)

Judge for yourself: One of the earliest Last Raven missions
Huzzah!
R4L

Postby R4L » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:50 pm

Another one:

Tony Hawk's Project 8 (Xbox/PS2, not the 360 version)

Suckage: 8/10

Why? Well, if you bought it on Xbox or PS2, you got ripped off! It was $50.00, it progressed way too fast, it was BORING AS ALL HELL, and the story was ****. I still think THPS 4 is the best Tony Hawk game ever made, and this game just plain sucked.

The 360 version is OK though. It doesn't compare to EA Skate though, which is the best skating game I've ever played.

Sig disabled. ~nwru
dejastar

Postby dejastar » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:45 pm

Silent Hill 4

Suck-o-meter:8/10

WHY? Wake up, find hole in bathroom, go threw hole, fight dogs with stick, wake up, find bigger hole in bathroom, go threw hole, get chased by lady, fight dogs with stick, wake up, ghost in room, light candle, ghost leave room................WHAT.THE.****!!!
yogsothoth

Postby yogsothoth » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:59 pm

fofgh3 wrote:The Godfather

1-10: 3

Why? Because it was the most repetitive game I have ever played. All the missions were alike. All the buildings looked the same, all the people looked the same, there were only 5 cars/trucks. Overall it just gets extremly boring,

Agreed, but it's fun at first.

(Douchebag's Name Here)'s Mother
Suck Rating: 2

But not really.
:D

Halo 3
Suck Rating: 3

Not too bad, just would have been better if it wasn't Halo 2 with more weapons and maps.

Also, lol at dejastar's post.
Last edited by yogsothoth on Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohai
lsapg09

Postby lsapg09 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:34 pm

NHL 2005,
The season never happened
I'm Back!!!! :D
runnin' down a dream
DreamOnMan92

Postby DreamOnMan92 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:11 am

Some game with the Hulk - PlayStation

Suckometer - 9/10

Mostly the infuriatingly idiotic control scheme made this game almost broken. The graphics sucked huge dong by PlayStation standards. Nuff said.
DREAMONSONGS THREAD Newest:
Tom Petty - Don't Do Me Like That
Bon Jovi - Runaway
2 + 2 = 5
MarvinPA

Postby MarvinPA » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:47 am

Lost: Via Domus

SUCK-o-meter: 3

Why it sucked way to short for the price plus the lip sync is terrible,
It was good but it also would be nicer if it wasn't Assassin's creed woth the Lost characters :D
J-Man

Postby J-Man » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:52 pm

Half Life 2

Suck: 10/10

One word: Steam.

Thank you for using (a) Steam(ing pile of sh*t)
aduro

Postby aduro » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:56 pm

J-Man wrote:Half Life 2

steam hasn't been bad for like 3 years, you missed you're opportunity to whine about it sorry
J-Man

Postby J-Man » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:24 pm

aduro wrote:
J-Man wrote:Half Life 2

steam hasn't been bad for like 3 years, you missed you're opportunity to whine about it sorry

I bought Portal and had to pirate it because steam said my key was used. :angry: <<<That is my opportunity to whine, thank you.

Return to “Off-Topic”