Games that SUCKED, and why? - NO GH3 OR ROCK BAND MENTIONS, PLEASE!

Everything else in here
This topic is 15 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Now Mudkip Flavour!
BSRaven

Postby BSRaven » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:57 pm

JUST IN CASE SOME IDIOT DOESN'T READ THE DESCRIPTION: I. DON'T. WANT. ANY. BASHING. OF. GH3. OR. ROCK. BAND. Thankyou.

Ever played a game that SUCKED, but could've potentially been WINNARY were it not for the fact that one or two things were missing/broken? Tell everyone about it!

I'll start:

Game: Genji (PS2, possibly XBox1)

SUCK rating (0-10): 6

Why it SUCKED: It was far too short, but the Kamui system saved it from becoming an all-out SUCKfest.
sherranjjj001

Postby sherranjjj001 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:01 pm

Game: Assassin's Creed

SUCK rating (0-10): 5

Why it SUCKED: Enemy AI was far too stupid, and the game was rather glitchy.

more info:

personally i think that if the ending wasn't as cliffhangery it would have been much better. i had to go online and seriously look up info on the story to figure out what was going on...not everyone is going to do that tho, so that explains most people (well at least people i know who have beaten it) lost interest at the end of the game.
Last edited by sherranjjj001 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:04 pm

Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing

1-10: -1

why it sucked: too easy and many glitches

Terrible game with lots of crap loaded into it.
Last edited by Qwedgeonline on Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can we get this forum going again?
Power Quest's #1 Fan
omfgdrphl

Postby omfgdrphl » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:22 pm

Game: Psychonauts

SUCK rating (0-10): 5

Why it SUCKED: It was really short, and gave me false hopes of a sandbox at the start of the game. Had good co-op potential, but it was single player only. A lot of unused places and nothing else to do besides the main storyline.
el nini

Postby el nini » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:38 pm

Final Fantasy X-2

Suck rating = Off the chart

Why it sucked: It pretty much shat all over the FF games. The rest are all respectable in their own right in terms of story and gameplay. X2 was very short. It just felt like a FFX side quest.
Its just like life. Quite interesting in parts, but no substitute for the real thing.
crazy.neo

Postby crazy.neo » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:15 pm

Legacy of Kain: Defiance
Suck rating = 6/10

Why it sucked: Horrible controls, ignoring the series previous controls that worked well, horrible camera that made no sense whatsoever and repetitive gameplay. good graphics and story, though.

... This one ruined the series for me ....
lucianorivera

Postby lucianorivera » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:26 pm

crime life: gang wars
suck rating: 9/10
reason: i was hoping to get a quality game like the warriors for Xbox.....but it was such a waste....

Metal Gear Solid 2
suck rating 3/10
reason:first of all,i was expecting something better than just graphics and some movement,i found it a lot easier than the first one
the worst thing is that i played MGS 3 for Ps2 and it blowed my mind,but since i don't have a ps2.....
It could be soooo much better,there's probably a lot of ppl who doesn't think this way----i'll stick with MGS Integral for the moment
Last edited by lucianorivera on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Happy!
fofgh3

Postby fofgh3 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:57 pm

The Godfather

1-10: 10

Why? Because it was the most repetitive game I have ever played. All the missions were alike. All the buildings looked the same, all the people looked the same, there were only 5 cars/trucks. Overall it just gets extremly boring,
Last edited by fofgh3 on Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
bowstar

Postby bowstar » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:32 pm

Seaman for Dreamcast

Suck Rating 1-10:7

It took too long to do anything cool and I remember it making mean faces at me all the time. I still have nightmares!
Thanks to everyone who contributes to this game and makes it what it is! Much love for doing what you do!!!
XxXxXxXxXx My Kick A$$ Animated Backgrounds xXxXxXxXxX
Zombie Mod for 1.2.451
homerrulz

Postby homerrulz » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:50 pm

Rainbow Six LockDown (for PC) - or is that Let Down?

2/10

AVOID

If you enjoy stealth, planning attacks, avoiding getting shot, creeping around clearing rooms and using tactics etc this is NOT the game for you. Extremely poor enemy AI - just walk up to them, in the open and fire. Even worse AI from your team-mates.. constantly getting in the way, blocking doorways etc - they are better left behind. A real disappointment in the Rainbow Six series.
My custom songs can now be found in the one place:-Homerrulz Song Thread

It's OUT - DRUM PROJECT 9!
Disturbed - Immortalized Album - https://www.fretsonfire.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59539
Huzzah!
R4L

Postby R4L » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:45 pm

Game: Goldeneye: Rogue Agent (Xbox)
Suckage: 8/10

Why? It tarnished the Goldeneye name with it's ****** gameplay which consisted of REALLY slow paced combat, a crosshair which for some reason isn't even in the middle of the screen but instead it's near the top of the screen, extremely boring storyline, horrid multiplayer and single player campaign maps. Oh, and lets not forget the linear progression.

The original Goldeneye for N64 pwns this game SO hard.

Game: Resident Evil Gaiden (GBC)
Suckage: 10/10

Why? Well, besides being an RE game on the Gameboy, it featured one of the WORST fighting systems EVER! Not to mention that the inventory system was horrible. Also, the game was almost impossible to beat, thanks to the limited amount of health items, and the huge amount of enemies you could barely escape. Speaking of items, finding items was stupid in itself. Just walk up to every plant, cupboard, dead body, whatever and tap the action button, then get an item, or don't. Sounds fun, especially when I have to find items I need to get past a certain part.

Find a rom somewhere and play it yourself. It's really bad.
Last edited by R4L on Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sig disabled. ~nwru
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:48 am

ok i got 2 games for you, and i know you will all laugh at these ( i can feel it allready)

Ok first up .. 18 Wheels of steel -American long haul .
I could actually pick any of the 6 18WOS games but seeing as long haul is the latest ( you would have thought they had got it by now )

suck rating.. actually it only sux about a 4/10

Yes i know what you all think of the game. But if you play it on a force feedback wheel its a completely different game (Allmost) The game play is quite good and the forces on the wheel are really good too! you really do feel the road. Buts its major letdown, the graphics... The game uses direct x 9 for gods sake but it looks about 10 years old. with games like GTA VC/SA or Need 4 speed games, we know we can get good city models, but they just dont seem to bother in this game, its all quite sparse. If they improved the visuals ( actually gave you more to look at ) this would be a much better game.
as i said the game play is good for what the type of game is. it really isnt as easy as it looks trying to reverse into a freight yard with a double trailer, you have to constantly check your mirrors so you dont jacknife the trailers.

OK game 2.
Actually quite similar to the 18WOS range.. Bus driver and the new Bus simulator 2008 ( both look almost identical )

Sux rating again only about a 4-5/10 Very VERY similar game to 18WOS except you have no trailers just a long vehicle ( all tho you do get a bendy bus :) )

Again the biggest let down was the graphics and models of the city.. just not enough in there to keep your eyes happy. the gameplay is good and the wheel forces are very well done ( better than 18wos ) they paid attention to things like at slow speeds bus sterring usually feels quite scratchy or like its grinding on somehting, and with a good wheel you can feel this, you take a left or right turn and the wheel is all grindy in your hands, at first i thought my wheel was busted, then i ofund out it wasnt ( thank god ).
I dont know what it is about this game but it is actually good fun only traveling at a max speed of about 45 Mph and having to stop each time you have to pick up or drop of passengers. and it feels great to pull up and hit the button to release the hydrolic doors with a PSSHHHHH noise :) ( i know im sad lol )

Both 18wos and bus driver are good games but they could have been much better, if they had done more with the graphics, alltho on the plus side both the 18wheels and BD series of games will play quite well on lower end systems ( neither are exactly Race driver Grid kinda graphics )
Ok thats my choices for games that could have been better. After you all stop laughing, by all means comment. But i know the majority of you will just say something like im lame for playing them, i dont care they are a nice change from driving at 200Mph in a ferrari and spinning off on the first corner... You may commence laughing............. NOW!
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
drummaniac28

Postby drummaniac28 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:02 am

Superman 64

100/10

....theres nothing to explain here
Last edited by drummaniac28 on Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Want You Inside Me
LedfortheHead

Postby LedfortheHead » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:11 am

Perfect Dark Zero

5/10

I was disappointed. I liked the one for 64 and thought this one was going to be good. Story was short, sucky and corny.
A bit sleepy
Kotti

Postby Kotti » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:14 am

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl (without mods)

The weapons... I got sick of it during the first enemies, the guns are so damn awesome. Unless your not 2 meters away and aim for 15 seconds, you WILL miss. Even if you somehow manage to hit, the enemy won't die unless you shoot it with everything you got, or get a lucky headshot. Knife is not much better, it's just as easy to miss the target with it as with a gun, but at least it has small chance of killing something.

Return to “Off-Topic”