Any programs to lower difficulties?

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 7 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The Guitar Man
Russell_GuitarGuy

Any programs to lower difficulties?

Postby Russell_GuitarGuy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:47 pm

Hey, guys. Just wanna ask something...
Is there a program to lower difficulties on songs which only have expert difficuties? I wanna add more of them to each songs I have. Thanks.
THE RiPPER
bluzer

Re: Any programs to lower difficulties?

Postby bluzer » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:15 pm

Yes, you will need Reaper though.

Farottone's C3 Automation Tools
http://www.(pksage.com links have been disabled)/ccc/forums/viewto ... =12&t=1923

What is it?

It’s a collection of commands to automate a number of operations. Some of these commands work “blind” (meaning you don’t need to edit anything to achieve the desired effect), and some of them will require attention afterwards but will greatly simplify the task in question.

Some examples of CAT functions (which can be run individually or in large "supersets"):
  • One-click reduction from sixteenth notes to eighth notes, eighth notes to quarter notes, etc. for 5-lane instruments
  • Automatic, semi-intelligent reduction of gem colors from full GRYBO (Expert/Hard) to the Rock Band specs for Medium and Easy (GRYB or GRY with occasional O and B gems)
  • One-click generation of [play]/[idle]/etc. markers for all instruments
  • Automatic fixing of sustain lengths on all difficulties as per Rock Band specifications
  • Removal of kick gems from a 2x Bass Pedal song to make a "1x Bass" song in a single click
  • Automatic addition of #, ^, or $ (talkies and lyric hiders) to selected lyrics
  • Automatically remove Magma-breaking MIDI markers from imported Internet MIDIs
  • Literally dozens more time-saving functions

It works swell, shame people don't use it more often though. xD

:thumbup:
Image .... Image

-=-=-=-=-=- Request Your RB Songs Here: Song Request Page! -=-=-=-=-=-

The Who - Behind Blue Eyes Hidden Rock Band Rip!(expert only, Puppetz Style Custom!)
Scrolling Lyrics Tutorial (Rockband Style) 4 MFH-Alarian Mod
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (links updated 10.12.09)
Guitar Hero: Metallica + DLC
Guitar Hero: Van Halen
Guitar Hero 5 DLC (incomplete)
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock: (for FoF / FoFiX / Phase Shift)
ALL Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock DLC Downloadable
Rock Band 3: (for FoF / FoFiX / Phase Shift)
Available as RB3 DLC:
~~Bon Jovi: Greatest Hits (Rock Band Edition)
~~The Bee Gee's 01 Track Pack
~~John Lennon's "Imagine" Album
~~Queen Extravaganza Pack
~~Queen RB3 Enhanced Pack
~~Billy Joel: The Hits (Rock Band Edition)
~~Johnny Cash 01 Track Pack
~~Dragonforce RB3 DLC Songs
~~Linkin Park 6 Pack
~~Ozzy 8-Pack
~~The Doors: Greatest Hits
~~Lady GaGa 02
~~Bruno Mars TP
~~Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood
~~Megadeth - Rust In Peace
~~Red Hot Chili Peppers - I'm With the Chili Peppers
~~Foo Fighters Track Pack 02/03/04
~~Coldplay Collection 01
~~Nirvana 01/02 & Celebrating Nirvana TPs
~~Avenged Sevenfold 01 TPs +2
~~20 Single DLCs

All of the links under this button are dead, its here for an archived version of my old "sig"
YeaaOhhh!!
siavash

Postby siavash » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:16 am

Care to explain how to apply CAT reductions to a normal EOF midi file? I'm really not familiar with the RBN tools. I got Reaper, Python, CAT, and the RBN tools for Reaper all installed and working, but I can't figure out how to import my midi into CAT.
Micicle

Postby Micicle » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:31 pm

siavash wrote:Care to explain how to apply CAT reductions to a normal EOF midi file? I'm really not familiar with the RBN tools. I got Reaper, Python, CAT, and the RBN tools for Reaper all installed and working, but I can't figure out how to import my midi into CAT.

+1 for an answer to this, id love to add E-M-H to my songs but its so tedious to do it in EOF.
wee little kid
m1999

Postby m1999 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:42 pm

Here's a tutorial I made for Maurits about a year ago, hope this works the way it should.

Spoiler:(Assuming you have all the extra plugins installed that are needed for CAT (the reduction tool))

First, you want to create a new project using the C3 Template.
Click on "File" -> "Project templates" -> "C3 Custom RB3 Template" to do so.
(If you get an error message, ignore it)

For reducing, all you need to worry about is the top part of the screen.
On the left side you can see the titles of the different lanes and some options that you dont need to worry about.
On the right side you can place all your audio files, move them etc.

With the template loaded, the first thing you want to do is to remove the 6 samples in the "COUNTIN" lane.
You can select them by holding the right mouse button and delete them with the Delete key.

Then, you want to place your midi file below the "PART REAL_BASS" lane using Drag&Drop.
Make sure you have "Import MIDI tempo map to project tempo map at 1.1.00" checked in the message that pops up.
After that you want to doubleclick the name of the lane your midi is in and remove the
" - notes" part at the end of it.

Now, press "Actions" in the toolbar at the top, then click "Show action list..."
There, search for "Custom: CAT.py" and doubleclick it.
A new window should pop up, now press "Automatic reductions (5-lane)" at the bottom of the window
Another window pops up, there you can leave everything the way it is (make sure you have guitar selected under
options)

After a short while, it will have created the lower difficulties. Now, all you have to do is to go to
"File" -> "Export project MIDI"
In the window that pops up, make sure to check the following:
Consolidate time: "Entire project"
Consolidate MIDI items: "All"
Consolidate output: "Multitrack MIDI file" and "Emped tempo map" (IMPORTANT)

Now you are finished and have a fresh midi with all difficulties charted.
(You might need to delete some dummy notes from the template at the drum part)

I hope I explained everything properly.

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:53 pm

It's not really that big of a pain, you can half-ass some lower difficulties in EOF by using "paste from" to copy the next difficulty into the active difficulty and using combinations of the following functions selection to single out single notes, chords, on/off beat notes etc:
Select all (CTRL+A): Selects all notes
Edit>Selection>Deselect single notes: Deselects any selected notes that have only one gem
Edit>Selection>Deselect chords: Deselects any selected notes that have more than one gem
Edit>Selection>Deselect on (of off) beat notes: Deselects any selected notes that are perfectly aligned (or not aligned) with a beat marker
Edit>Selection>Conditional deselect: Deselects any selected notes meeting your criteria of having or not having gems on specific lanes. For example you could use this to target all chords of a specific gem combination and alter than all at once.
Edit>Selection>Invert selection: All notes that are not selected become selected and vice-versa, basically allowing the deselection functions to be used in ways to instead select notes of your choosing.

And then use manipulations like the following:
Delete: Deletes all selected notes
Note>Simplify chords: For any selected notes that are chords, removes the top-most gem. This turns 3 note chords into two note chords, and two note chords into one gem notes.
Note>Clear: Alters selected notes by removing gems from specific lanes (ie. you can turn all G+Y chords into G).
Note>Toggle: Alters selected notes by toggling on/off gems from specific lanes (ie. you can turn all G+Y chords into G+R).
Note>Transpose down: Alters selected notes by moving them down one lane (ie. you can turn all R+Y chords into G+R).
(And many other functions that I won't bother to individually list).

These will let you easily and quickly apply specific tweaks to an entire difficulty, and you can still of course make more specific modifications. Working from highest difficulty to lowest will always give the easiest results with the most consistency because that way any simplifications you'd made to hard will be the base for the medium difficulty, and so on. Also make sure that if you're using EOF, that you use the latest hotfix linked in the EOF 1.8 beta thread. It's got years of fixes and improvements over version 1.71 (the last "stable" release).
YeaaOhhh!!
siavash

Postby siavash » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:52 am

m1999 wrote:Here's a tutorial I made for Maurits about a year ago, hope this works the way it should.

Spoiler:(Assuming you have all the extra plugins installed that are needed for CAT (the reduction tool))

First, you want to create a new project using the C3 Template.
Click on "File" -> "Project templates" -> "C3 Custom RB3 Template" to do so.
(If you get an error message, ignore it)

For reducing, all you need to worry about is the top part of the screen.
On the left side you can see the titles of the different lanes and some options that you dont need to worry about.
On the right side you can place all your audio files, move them etc.

With the template loaded, the first thing you want to do is to remove the 6 samples in the "COUNTIN" lane.
You can select them by holding the right mouse button and delete them with the Delete key.

Then, you want to place your midi file below the "PART REAL_BASS" lane using Drag&Drop.
Make sure you have "Import MIDI tempo map to project tempo map at 1.1.00" checked in the message that pops up.
After that you want to doubleclick the name of the lane your midi is in and remove the
" - notes" part at the end of it.

Now, press "Actions" in the toolbar at the top, then click "Show action list..."
There, search for "Custom: CAT.py" and doubleclick it.
A new window should pop up, now press "Automatic reductions (5-lane)" at the bottom of the window
Another window pops up, there you can leave everything the way it is (make sure you have guitar selected under
options)

After a short while, it will have created the lower difficulties. Now, all you have to do is to go to
"File" -> "Export project MIDI"
In the window that pops up, make sure to check the following:
Consolidate time: "Entire project"
Consolidate MIDI items: "All"
Consolidate output: "Multitrack MIDI file" and "Emped tempo map" (IMPORTANT)

Now you are finished and have a fresh midi with all difficulties charted.
(You might need to delete some dummy notes from the template at the drum part)

I hope I explained everything properly.

Thanks so much! I finally got it to work!!
Micicle

Postby Micicle » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:17 pm

Awesome, ill have to try this out soon.
The Guitar Man
Russell_GuitarGuy

Postby Russell_GuitarGuy » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:44 am

I got CAT for Reaper, any way I could install it?
Techdeathfan

Postby Techdeathfan » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:21 pm

siavash wrote:Care to explain how to apply CAT reductions to a normal EOF midi file? I'm really not familiar with the RBN tools. I got Reaper, Python, CAT, and the RBN tools for Reaper all installed and working, but I can't figure out how to import my midi into CAT.

How do you get the rock band 3 reaper tools cause everywhere I've looked, I can't find a good download.
wee little kid
m1999

Postby m1999 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:00 am

Techdeathfan

Postby Techdeathfan » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:30 pm

m1999 wrote:http://(pksage.com links have been disabled)/ccc/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6
The RBN tools download here should work fine.

Do you also know how to get the CAT reduction tool to work with Reaper cause I can't seem to get it working and also the tutorial you made only uses the RB3 tools when I only have the RB2 tools. Could you help me with that as well?
JustinThatGamerDude

Postby JustinThatGamerDude » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:18 pm

I've been trying to get this to work, when I try to do the Custom: CAT.py command nothing shows up and I'm at a loss.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”