chart pitched vocals with eof or feedback & a text editor

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 14 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
'_>'
SUSAltd

Re: chart pitched vocals with eof or feedback & a text editor

Postby SUSAltd » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:18 am

Cool, it works. Thanks!
~happy ice cream~
Kueller917

Postby Kueller917 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:39 pm

OK well I got that part to work. But now it's telling me that Part Vocals is not present in the midi input. I don't see a PART VOCALS when also when I import the midi into a midi editor. Does it not convert or what?
Image Image
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:48 pm

Seriously, read the instructions. If you're charting vocal rhythm with a chart editor, then the vocal rhythm isn't usually going to be in PART VOCALS, it's going to be in an instrument track. That means you'll have to use the vocal rhythm import and not the MIDI import.
~happy ice cream~
Kueller917

Postby Kueller917 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:19 pm

raynebc wrote:Seriously, read the instructions.

OK, OK, I read through almost all of the read me file. I fixed up the vocals.txt, I changed the rhythm location, and have been fixing errors for a while. This I'm not sure of because once I enter the code The Converter crashes. At this point I'm not sure what's wrong here

Code: Select all

FoFLyricConvert -forcemidipitch -in vrhythm input.mid vocals.txt -out midi notes.mid
Image Image
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:46 pm

I would be extremely surprised if you were able to cause the program to crash (returning an error code is not a crash). Please provide your input files so I can see if there's something that needs to be fixed in my code

Edit:
I stand corrected. There was a special case that I didn't account for in my converter. I'll release an updated version shortly (which contains other improvements). Until then, the workaround is to make sure the pitched lyric file doesn't end with a line that begins with a hyphen (which indicates that there is another line's worth of vocal rhythm notes).
~happy ice cream~
Kueller917

Postby Kueller917 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:47 pm

raynebc wrote: the workaround is to make sure the pitched lyric file doesn't end with a line that begins with a hyphen (which indicates that there is another line's worth of vocal rhythm notes).

ah, OK, well thank you for telling me. The error codes were something but a crash I just had trouble finding the problem source.
Image Image
omgyouredead
ryanpanties

Postby ryanpanties » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:37 pm

I just realized the forums were back up today. I'll be on here more again helping with questions, though my laptop died on me so i may be doing a lot less charting for a while.

glad to see everything back up and people working on vocals. :2thumbsup:

Rayne:
Thanks for keeping an eye on this thread. My copy of your converter (hadn't updated since 1.85) accepted "-forcemidipitch" on .vl creation, which is why it is listed that way in the tutorial, which seems to have made at least one of Kueller917's issues a problem based on my tutorial. I just wanted to clarify with you before i change it... i should just drop "-forcemidipitch" out of the syntax in the VL code block, right? I'll also add that last-line issue into the FAQ just in case anyone else encounters it and doesn't read the full thread. I would explore this more myself, but due to a recent computer death I'm partially incapacitated for the moment.

edit: Went ahead and changed the OP. :smile:
CyclopsDragon

Postby CyclopsDragon » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:21 pm

Note sure if this has been addressed yet.
Okay, I got to CP, but then this happened. I entered the code word for word and it said "Parameter 1 <-forcemidipitch> is invalid" and then a lot of stuff indicating why. I tried taking it out, like was said before, and it said "Unable to open input file vocalnotes.mid. Aborting." Any idea what's wrong?
omgyouredead
ryanpanties

Postby ryanpanties » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:16 pm

CyclopsDragon wrote:Note sure if this has been addressed yet.
Okay, I got to CP, but then this happened. I entered the code word for word and it said "Parameter 1 <-forcemidipitch> is invalid" and then a lot of stuff indicating why. I tried taking it out, like was said before, and it said "Unable to open input file vocalnotes.mid. Aborting." Any idea what's wrong?

First response:
1) is your midi named vocalnotes.mid?
2) is it located in the same folder as your converter?
3) could you have an extra space somewhere after you deleted forcepitch?

If you think there's a chance that it's some crazy compatibility issue then you should post your midi, but odds are that you're overlooking something simple that's causing it not to load the midi.

Also, what version are you using, and how did you chart your midi?
CyclopsDragon

Postby CyclopsDragon » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:51 am

ryanpanties wrote:
CyclopsDragon wrote:Note sure if this has been addressed yet.

First response:
1) is your midi named vocalnotes.mid?
2) is it located in the same folder as your converter?
3) could you have an extra space somewhere after you deleted forcepitch?

If you think there's a chance that it's some crazy compatibility issue then you should post your midi, but odds are that you're overlooking something simple that's causing it not to load the midi.

Also, what version are you using, and how did you chart your midi?

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) When I did it without -forcemidipitch, I just didn't input it and skipped right to -in vrhythm vocalnotes.mid vocals.txt, so I think that there's no space.
Man, this is the second thing I've ever tried to do in command prompt. The first didn't work, either :P
I used Feedback0.97 and Chart2Midi2Chart to make the midi, and I'm using version 1.89. Just in case, here's the midi for the rhythms. http://www.mediafire.com/?2o1izn5jnmm
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:17 am

"Unable to open input file vocalnotes.mid. Aborting." means that the file you specified does not exist. You either mistyped the name, or if the file is in a different location than the current directory of the command prompt, you mistyped the path or omitted it. Please give it another try. Otherwise, we'll also need your pitched lyric file in order to test the conversion.
CyclopsDragon

Postby CyclopsDragon » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:09 pm

raynebc wrote:"Unable to open input file vocalnotes.mid. Aborting." means that the file you specified does not exist. You either mistyped the name, or if the file is in a different location than the current directory of the command prompt, you mistyped the path or omitted it. Please give it another try. Otherwise, we'll also need your pitched lyric file in order to test the conversion.

Okay, the file path where CP starts is C:\Users\*my name*\
The file path for it is C:\Users\*my name*\FoFLyricConvert1.89\FoFLyricConvert
What I have typed in is C:\Users\*my name*\FoFLyricConvert1.89\FoFLyricConvert -in vrhythm vocalnotes.mid vocals.txt -out midi completed.mid
I double and triple checked all of the spellings. I even changes vocalnotes.mid to v.mid and it still didn't work.
Here are the lyrics that have been completed so far (it's a WIP)

Code: Select all

midi = G4
# Min-
# na!
# Chi-
# ru-
# no
# no
# san-
# suu
# kyou-
# shi-
# tsu
# ha-
# ji-
# ma-
# ru
# yo!
-
# A-
# ta-
# i
# mi-
# tai
# na-
# ten-
# sai
# me-
# za-
# shi-
# te
# gan-
# ba-
# tte
# i-
# tte
# ne!
62 Ki-
64 ra-
65 ki-
69 ra
69 da-
65 i-
69 a-
65 mo-
64 n-
62 do
-
62 Ka-
65 ga-
69 ya-
74 ku
74 ho-
72 shi
74 no
72 yo-
67 u
69 ni
-
62 E-
64 i-
65 kou
65 Shi-
64 bo-
65 u-
69 ko-
62 u
67 nan-
67 to-
67 ka
67 shi-
67 te
66 ha-
67 i-
66 ro-
67 u
-
# Te-
# n-
# sa-
# i
69 Shu-
70 u-
71 sa-
72 i
69 top-
69 pu
69 me-
65 za-
65 shi-
65 te
# go
# go!
# Ba-
# ka
# ba-
# ka
# ba-
# ka
# ba-
# ka
-
# Ba-
# ka
# cho
# chi-
# ga
# ba-
# ka
# ja
# nai
# mon!
-
# Ba-
# ka
# ba-
# ka
# ba-
# ka
# ba-
# ka
-
# Ba-
# ka
# ba-
# ka
# ba-
# ka
# tte
# i-
# u
# hou
# ga
# ba-
# ka
# na
# no
# yo!
-
# Ba-
# ka
# ba-
# ka
# ba-
# ka
# ba-
# ka
# Ba-
# ka
# ba-
# ka
# na-
# ni
# yo
# u-
# ru-
# sai
# wa
# ne!
# Ko-
# no
# ba-
# ka!
-
# Ba-
# ka
# ba-
# ka
# ba-
# ka
-
# Ooh!

Japanese phonetics FTW
CyclopsDragon

Postby CyclopsDragon » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:39 pm

raynebc wrote:The vocal rhythm files converted to MIDI just fine. I guess you just need to sort out using the command line. I re-uploaded a video tutorial I previously made for navigating the command line and using file paths:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/81mtav

Everything is now running perfectly, except for the fact that it says, "Unable to open output file completed.mid. Aborting." I don't understand this, since it's an output file, and it makes sense that you can't open it, because it doesn't currently exist.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:58 pm

That happens if you don't have permission to create a file at the specified location (in this case, whatever the current directory was in the command prompt). Since it seems you're using Windows Vista, you need to be aware that file permissions may be very restrictive for locations outside of your user profile, and User Account Control may be a factor. Your best bets are to try to create the files within someplace like your Desktop or Documents folder.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”