No Pick

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 14 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
LOL
KenshinHimuraRK

Re: No Pick

Postby KenshinHimuraRK » Thu May 28, 2009 8:24 pm

Try playing dragonforce.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu May 28, 2009 11:10 pm

Lysdestic wrote:
death_au wrote:I think what R4L is trying to say is that it is something people have wanted for a long time, and it does not exist yet.
It is on the todo list for FoFiX however.

You sure about that? I couldn't find an issue for it.

I see no problems with someone adding this, provided it has a reasonable score modifier. Fifty percent, perhaps, since you are disabling literally half of your controller?

Really? Such an often requested feature?
I recall MFH mentioning it at some point (in the issue about Band Survival Mode), but I didn't realize it wasn't on the tracker...
;;;( ° д°)
crossieh

Postby crossieh » Sat May 30, 2009 11:54 am

I don't see, how "no pick" makes playing any easier? People just think so, because 99% of the songs at the moment are nothing less but a big bunch of hopos. Barely any strumming, except DragonForce.

How about people with only one arm. :| Why should they have less points, just because they are handicapped?
If I remember right,I saw a thread about this particular subject (about person being handicapped, wanted to play fof).

IMO, FoFix should have "no pick" -option, just in case. However, it's just what I think.

Thoughts?
kaiba1234

Postby kaiba1234 » Sat May 30, 2009 2:38 pm

crossieh wrote:People just think so, because 99% of the songs at the moment are nothing less but a big bunch of hopos.

Thrasher.

IMO, FoFix should have "no pick" -option, just in case. However, it's just what I think.

They should but it should set the score down to zero.
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Sat May 30, 2009 3:34 pm

crossieh wrote:I don't see, how "no pick" makes playing any easier? People just think so, because 99% of the songs at the moment are nothing less but a big bunch of hopos. Barely any strumming, except DragonForce.

Check your hammer-on settings. The game chooses them, they aren't determined by the fretter.

How about people with only one arm. :| Why should they have less points, just because they are handicapped?
If I remember right,I saw a thread about this particular subject (about person being handicapped, wanted to play fof).

Oh, please.

First, allow me to say that is crass. Yes, it would be a great benefit for handicapped people, however, to use them, literally, use them for this argument, is just a tad obnoxious.

There is no way to prove that someone is handicapped, hence, I don't think it is unfair to have a score modifier. People who are not handicapped will want to use it to, and dare I say, there are more people with two arms that would use this then there are people with one.

If you guys want this so bad, put it on the issue tracker. You are just going to have to deal with the fact that it will need a score modifier (I'm still suggesting 50%) because for a two-armed person, it is cheating.
blah.
felixdaman18

Postby felixdaman18 » Sat May 30, 2009 8:37 pm

I think it shouldn't have a handicap. It's actually hard to play no pick in songs with lots of strumming. For proof, pick beat tap(or whatever it's called) on Jam Legend and pick a metal song.
Add me on XBL
;;;( ° д°)
crossieh

Postby crossieh » Sun May 31, 2009 2:24 am

Lysdestic wrote:
crossieh wrote:I don't see, how "no pick" makes playing any easier? People just think so, because 99% of the songs at the moment are nothing less but a big bunch of hopos. Barely any strumming, except DragonForce.

Check your hammer-on settings. The game chooses them, they aren't determined by the fretter.

Oh, please.

First, allow me to say that is crass. Yes, it would be a great benefit for handicapped people, however, to use them, literally, use them for this argument, is just a tad obnoxious.

There is no way to prove that someone is handicapped, hence, I don't think it is unfair to have a score modifier. People who are not handicapped will want to use it to, and dare I say, there are more people with two arms that would use this then there are people with one.

If you guys want this so bad, put it on the issue tracker. You are just going to have to deal with the fact that it will need a score modifier (I'm still suggesting 50%) because for a two-armed person, it is cheating.

Well excuse me for being honest about the subject. Yes, I am fully aware about the fact that there is no way to prove it. However, like you said "it would be a great benefit for handicapped people" - what's the problem then?

What really bothers me was you saying "however, to use them, literally, use them for this argument, is just a tad obnoxious. "
What else I should've say? "add it for teh lulz?" - I was just being completely honest and pointing out my own personal opinion, that this game should be for everyone, but hey just my thoughts.

I have handicapped friend with only one arm. He plays fifa and hockey games with his feet and all, but his fingers work perfectly.
Maybe someday I'll show FoFix to him and he could be able to play it. (If the feature is added, that is.) I guess paying attention to everybody, especially my friend is crass and obnoxious.

Thank you for missing out the point completely.

I didn't mean to be rude or anything, and I know it's a hard subject, anyway I wasn't trying to get a lame excuse or anything.

And please explain to me, how can you cheat without strum? It sure doesn't make the gameplay any easier.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun May 31, 2009 4:20 am

if ( difficulty < expert ) no strum = easier.
It's not so much about difficulty though, it's a completely different way of playing. I find using the beatJam mode on Jam Legend much easier, but a lot less fun. Other people find it more difficult. Physical handicaps aside, I do think no strum is in general easier, and therefore should have a handicap to dock points. Perhaps 50% is a bit harsh, but it should definately have a score reduction, or completely separate scores.

For example, rather than having a "cheat" with a handicap, make a new controller that does the no-pick thing in game, but can play all the same parts as a guitar can (guitar, lead, rhythm, bass...). And the scores save in a separate table (guitar - no pick, bass - no pick, etc).
aduro

Postby aduro » Sun May 31, 2009 11:47 am

I want a mod that disables the pick. I just want to play whithout the pick

FoF is not the game for you
Rocker/Modder
Cleanmonk

Postby Cleanmonk » Sun May 31, 2009 2:19 pm

Free Happy!
fofgh3

Postby fofgh3 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:35 pm

If you could map 5 alternative keys to the strum (F1,F2,F3,F4,F5)

Then map the standard frets (F1,F2,F3,F4,F5)

That might work, even though FOFiX doesn't support 5 alternative controls.
brandon1107

Postby brandon1107 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:40 pm

fofgh3 wrote:If you could map 5 alternative keys to the strum (F1,F2,F3,F4,F5)

Then map the standard frets (F1,F2,F3,F4,F5)

That might work, even though FOFiX doesn't support 5 alternative controls.

I dont think you can assign more than one function to a key
kaiba1234

Postby kaiba1234 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:35 pm

No pick makes the song MUCH more easier. Green Grass would be a cakewalk, maybe even Dark Matter. How about no pick during solos, just for fun?

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”