Career/Song Help

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 15 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
1337weezy

Career/Song Help

Postby 1337weezy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:21 am

First off, I wasn't sure if this goes under tech support or Mod Discussion and Support. I apologize if it does go under tech support.
I'm new to FoF and just can't get the jig with the Career Creating. YES I've read various threads and posts on How to Create Careers and I've read the FoF-MFH Readme's and I am still stumped.

I'm running FoF-MFH with the new patch 3.15; and I've downloaded one song just for a test run before I start setting things up.
Here's what I did:
As this guide says, I created a career folder in the FoF MFH's main directory as well as putting the song's folder (The Trooper by Iron Maiden) into the "career" folder. After that I went into the song folder itself and added:

Code: Select all

unlock_id = gh3_1

to the actual content within the song.ini of The Trooper.(not sure if this is correct but im just typing exactly what I did). It ended up looking like this:

[song]
scores_rhythm =
name = Trooper
scores_bass =
artist = Iron Maiden
scores =
scores_coop =
unlock_id = gh3_1

cassettecolor=#000000

(the other stuff was already in there all i added was the unlock_id = gh3_1)

Then, backing out of the song's folder into the main "career folder" I added a title.ini file to the directory with the content:

[titles]
sections = tier1

[tier1]
name = 1. Iron Maiden
unlock_id = gh3_1

After that I figured I'm good to go. Seeing that it's only one song for now. So I saved and booted up FoF-MFH and hit career. Then it asked me for a new song directory and I figured the "career pack" was the new song directory folder so I clicked that and it ended up only saying Parent Folder. It never showed my song for some reason and that's where I stopped.
If anyone knows what's wrong or how to help, let me know I'd appreciate it. (yes I am a noob for asking this because I read up on the career creating and it seemed so easy and usually im good at figuring computer things out..but idk what the problem is)
-thanks in advance
DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Re: Career/Song Help

Postby Typhus » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:08 am

Well, your code is right so I'm guessing your folders position may be wrong...

It has to be something like:

Songs (folder) -> Career Name (folder), here you must have the file titles.ini and all your songs folders. Inside each song folder you must have the song.ini file and every other *.ogg files and *.midi.

Hope it helps.

Nothing for now...

Click Here -> Latest W.I.P. song is Ride The Sky by Helloween

Kotti wrote:One of the many songs Typhus made for FoFH3. Check out his song thread, he deserves more recognition than is getting...
lukarocker wrote:Your latest Arch enemy song made my decision! YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE FRETTER!!!
nariel99 wrote:But luckily , you find the post and were interested in the project. And the result : a pure moment of epicness in Frets on Fire . Once again thank you...
death_au wrote:Power metal covers of pop songs = WIN
+ Frets on Fire = EPIC WIN. Thank you Typhus :thumbup:
OPIK wrote:+ All difficulties included. That's PRECISELY why TYPHUS is in my "Personnal TOP 3 Best Fretters" !
dertanz wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T EVER QUIT... man you are one of my fav charters :crying: you can't quit... if you quit charting I'd quit playing :crying:
DaBackStabber666 wrote:I love your frettings :D
loth wrote:Typhus YOU SO RULE!! I love playing the songs you have fretted! :2thumbsup: Even on Supereasy the accurate representation of the music comes out. What a pleasure playing these, I can't wait for more metal tunes from you. Thanks SO much for doing ALL LEVELS, my fun meter is on high! :thumbup:
THANKS GUYS!!

My Song Thread [ALL DIFFICULTIES] | Alternative/Rock/Metal Genres
Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake -> FULL ALBUM
Lamb Of God - Sacrament -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Lamb Of God - Wrath -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Check out Puppetz Advanced Song Tutorial, now with instructions on how to use Anchors.
pimpinpalomo

Postby pimpinpalomo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:30 am

this is an example of what the titles.ini should look like:

[titles]
sections = tier1 tier2 tier3 tier4 tier5 tier6 tier7 tier8 tier9

[tier1]
name = 1. Opening Licks
unlock_id = tier_1

[tier2]
name = 2. Amp Warmers
unlock_id = tier_2

[tier3]
name = 3. String-Snappers
unlock_id = tier_3

[tier4]
name = 4. Thrash and Burn
unlock_id = tier_4

[tier5]
name = 5. Return of the Shred
unlock_id = tier_5

[tier6]
name = 6. Relentless Riffs
unlock_id = tier_6

[tier7]
name = 7. Furious Fretwork
unlock_id = tier_7

[tier8]
name = 8. Face-Melters
unlock_id = tier_8

[tier9]
name = 9. Bonus Songs/DLC
unlock_id = tier_9

here is what an example of a song.ini should look like:

[song]
artist = Wolfmother
name = Woman
hopo = on
delay = 0
lyrics = TRUE
unlock_id = tier_2
unlock_require = tier_1enc

the song folder directory has to be named "songs" (without the quotes) in order for it to work. what you should do is make a folder within the songs folder with all of the career songs in it.
1337weezy

Postby 1337weezy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:14 pm

Ah see, I had a folder named "career songs" where I put my one song into. I'll try just a "songs" folder and in it have the career folder with the title.ini and the rest.
Thanks a lot for those responses guys. :2thumbsup:

--edit--

Alright i got it working but something wasn't working with the GH3 theme so I changed it to the RB theme and it works fine.
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:08 am

BTW, you *should* (but don't have to) replace all the "gh3_" in unlock_id and unlock_require with some other unique identifier (say, if your career back was called "Weezy's Awesome Career Pack of Awesomeness" then you'd use "wacpoa_") because "gh3_" is only supposed to be used for the GH3 career. If you don't then if you (or someone else) accidentally put all your career pack's songs inside a GH3 career folder then the two careers will end up being merged together.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
1337weezy

Postby 1337weezy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:42 am

Good idea! thanks coolguy

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”