Request for FoFix developers

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 15 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
dmarvp

Request for FoFix developers

Postby dmarvp » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:32 am

I posted this on the main thread of Fofix but didn't get much feedback:

Hi, I just wanted to know, for the people like me who don't really use the career mode too much and instead uses separated folders for each tier. Is there a way in this mod to read those subfolders and just present one list in the library selection without having to enter to each and every folder ? If not, will it be available in future versions ? thanks a lot.

You know, kinda like Guitar Zero II organized their songs, this should not be so difficult right ? ( in fact, I think it would be easier than what it is done already ) and could be set on the game or mod options for people who likes it one way or another. Please, I would be eternally thankful :tongue:
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Re: Request for FoFix developers

Postby death_au » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:59 am

There is not a way. Possibly in the future, but not for a while.
I love lamp
PHaZED

Postby PHaZED » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:02 am

actually i kinda like the way they do the folders, it keeps it more organized. maybe in a future version they should make it an option, not a requirement
"When the zombie apocalypse comes, go out and just get ur face bit on day one, and just save yourself the trouble. It's not worth it, okay, just get bit and get it over with!" - GAMERTAG
Synthesiser Hero d_d
InPerFecTionS

Postby InPerFecTionS » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:18 am

Can't wait until it happens (if it does)
At the moment it isnt looking hopeful D:
    I Know it's inperfections up top and imperfections down bottom...
    So Shut up...
    A bit about me;
    The only game I play on the PC is FoF. I mainly use Ps3 (the games I play are in my gamer tag.
    I am currently fretting MF from Hell

Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:20 am

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do, but it seems people did pay attention, notably, the head developer.

MFH wrote:Also, for those that are requesting a feature that already exists, there is a "List All" option under the Library options that will show all songs in one list.

It was just a few posts below yours.

For the record, I know nothing of Guitar Zero, but this seems like what you want.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:56 am

I think he's looking more for something that's been discussed before: allowing the career mode's titles.ini to fetch songs from subfolders. So you can list all songs in a particular folder, without having to list all songs in the entire list.
IMO career mode should've worked similar to this from the start, but now it's a bit difficult to change.
dmarvp

Postby dmarvp » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:11 am

Lysdestic wrote:I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do, but it seems people did pay attention, notably, the head developer.

MFH wrote:Also, for those that are requesting a feature that already exists, there is a "List All" option under the Library options that will show all songs in one list.

It was just a few posts below yours.

For the record, I know nothing of Guitar Zero, but this seems like what you want.

Sorry I didn't saw that. I'm gonna try it later today. Tough I'm not sure if that is exactly what I was looking. I'll tell you how is done on GZ2, basically is something like this:

- I have my system folders organized like this:

Spoiler:- library folder
- rock band 1
- tier 1
- song1
- song2
- songx

- tier 2
-song1
- tier x
- song x
- rock band 2
- tier 1
- song1
- song2
- songx

- tier 2
-song1

So, when I first enter to the library in the game I see something like :

Spoiler:- rock band 1 (3 folders)
- rock band 2 (2 folders)

I enter in rock band 2 and then I see :

Spoiler:- tier 1
- song1
- song2
- songx

- tier 2
-song1

I can choose any song from any of the tiers subfolders without having to enter to each tier subfolder to play the song I'm looking for. Basically I just need to remember in which game was my song, while as of right now if i want to play a song I have to remember the game in which is in along with the tier.

Sorry for the extense explanation, I hope I made myself a little more clear. :tongue:
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:02 pm

It would be good if we were able to the titles.ini handle all the songs sorting.
for example:

[tier1]
name = 1. Warm Up
prefix_1 = 1.
song_1 = Career/Puppetz Hero/Tier 1/Offspring - Come Out and Play

However, since the currently used way is so well established, that's not going to change any time soon (if ever). I remember that I opened my mouth several times about this, but it wasn't well recieved.

Sorry if this feels like thread hi-jacking.

In any case if you want to achieve proper sorting you'll have to spend quite some time editing the song.ini for every song, and also edit the titles.ini.

Songs (and tiers) are sorted by the song_id. Regardless iof which order you place the tiers in the titles.ini you'll have the alphabetically first song_id group at the top. You can sort the songs this way too. if the song_id for a tier is for exmaple rb1_t1 (rock band 1, tier 1) you can sort the songs by adding to the end of the song_id. rb1_t1_1, rb1_t1_2 and so on, they will all be recognised as rb_t1, but will be sorted in the way you want it too.

This is quite a annoying process, and I'm using scripts when I do it (sorted all the dlc from the rock band games into tiers for every dlc), because with a growing ollection editing hundreds of files can take hours and huors.
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
dmarvp

Postby dmarvp » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:27 am

Hummm... is it too much then if you could share your script ? or the files you have already generated :crying: ?
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:52 pm

Well it's a bash script that I have so it'll probably not be useable on windows.

I havce scores for nearly all the songs I edited, and I've renamed the folders so putting the ini files in the right folder will be a pain unless you use the exact same naming convention as I have...

I've been thinking about trying to make a application for easy career song sorting, but since I'm not really any good with any real programming language (I've got some web coding, and C++ classes, but I've never really tried to create a application before).
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
dmarvp

Postby dmarvp » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:24 pm

Well, I'm a programmer If I get the logic of what I should do with those files I think I could make one. However I don't have my programming tools at home, only at work. Maybe it's time to change that. :rolleyes:
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:48 pm

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
echo "New unlock_id: \c "
read  unlock_id
for f in */song.ini; do
sed -e "s/unlock_id = *.*/unlock_id = $unlock_id/g" "$f" > "$f".bak ; mv -f "$f".bak "$f"
echo "done with $f"
done
Got help from nwru on this one.Since I wanted to keep the order I did not make this recursive (all songs had unique unlock_ids). I placed the script in my $PATH and could execute it easily in any folder. so I navigated to each song folder, executed the script and gave the new name:

cd ../songnamehere/
namechange
Newunlock_id: unlock_id
done with songnamehere

If you do have a programming bakground it shouldn't be so hard to create a script yourself (at least with a little help).
dmarvp

Postby dmarvp » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:26 pm

Thanks ! But i'm more of a windows programmer, so I don't get much of your code there. Still, I think i have some clue on what to do based on the instructions of what I should add to each file (and based on the structure of folders I have). I will try to do something over the week and then get back to you.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”