Custom song creator Mod???

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 15 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
sonic66

Custom song creator Mod???

Postby sonic66 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:57 pm

Is there a mod that exists for FoF that is similar to Guitar Hero: World Tour's custom song creator? Any help is appreciated.
Hiasl

Re: Custom song creator Mod???

Postby Hiasl » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:03 pm

No, only in official fof there is a song creator.
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:05 pm

Short answer would be, no.

If you want to create your own music, you'll have to look for other programs. Fretting a song can be done with applications like feedback, or eof. However you won't be able to utilize all the features in fofixunless you use a real midi editor.

I've never seen GH:WT myself so I can't really say that I know much about the song creater. Do you actually create sound with it?
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
sonic66

Postby sonic66 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:08 pm

The reason I was looking at FoF is because the idea seems simple enough: A certain combination of frets would play a certain guitar sample and build from there. Didn't know if anyone did it or not.
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:43 pm

What are you trying to say, that you hear notes or that you get "game notes"?
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
Free Happy!
fofgh3

Postby fofgh3 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:02 pm

In GHWT they had color codes responding to major chords and made the notes appear as the sound.

EX. You lay a GR on the track it plays as a G major chord, you lay just G it plays as just a G. Those are problaby wrong but its just an example.
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:11 pm

Pretty much. You place GH notes and the game assigns real-music notes to them.

You can make a lead guitar, rhythm guitar, bass, keyboard and drum track. Drums are self-explanatory. The "Guitar" player can either play lead, rhythm or keyboard. The "Bassist" can play bass or keyboard. Vocalist can hum along to the keyboard track.

While you're editing a song you can set a scale which defines which real music note is assigned to each GH note. You can change the scale as much as you want, so you can make any song and give it any chart, if you have enough patience.

Of course, the songs do end up sounding like ringtones, since the samples aren't very good.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”