Pitchbend? Python 2.4? HELP!!!!!

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 15 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Jenova_Bayne

Pitchbend? Python 2.4? HELP!!!!!

Postby Jenova_Bayne » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Ok... I've been trauling the fourms and have eventually found out that there is a way encorporate the whammy effect into the game now

YAY FOR PROGRESS

However.... I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PUT IT INTO THE GAME...
Now I do have no clue with computer programming... so shrapping out jargen won't help x3

If someone could give me a clear Step by step that would be great...

I downloaded the latest Rock band 2 edition for FOF

So yeah... someone help me please?
I object to your reality...and I substitute my own - Adam Savage
Azzco

Re: Pitchbend? Python 2.4? HELP!!!!!

Postby Azzco » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:26 pm

You'll need to get the pitchbend module. If you'd really been looking around here a lot you'd know where to get it. :P

In any case, let me clear up some things for you.

Theme version != Mod Version
Fofix version doesn't change because you use megalight, rb2 or slantyrs bioshock theme.
The latest stable version is 3.030 3.100 is in the making and has had 2 betas (I' not counting 3.035 betas as 3.100) and I think that pitchbend wasn't available for use before those 2 betas.

In any case, j.stumpo is the main guy working on the pitchbending and he's got a few builds in his mediafire pitchbend folder

Ifyou want to keep track on the pitchbending progress keep an eye on FoFiX issue 419.

I hope you get it working. but don't hope for too much. This is a very new feature and it's probably going to be redesigned (sound quality is horrible and there's a few issue getting it working on linux (and mac?)).
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
Jenova_Bayne

Postby Jenova_Bayne » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:17 pm

Cheeeeers.... so if I install the pitchbending module (Done that now after installing PYthon 2.5)

So Should I Just be able to change the Settings in FOF? or.... what?

Thats all I need to know now ^^

Thank you for the other help too ^_^

BTW I'm running Vista 32
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:45 pm

Jenova_Bayne wrote:Cheeeeers.... so if I install the pitchbending module (Done that now after installing PYthon 2.5)

So Should I Just be able to change the Settings in FOF? or.... what?

Thats all I need to know now ^^

Thank you for the other help too ^_^

BTW I'm running Vista 32

I think you need to be running an alpha version or FoFiX 3.100 Beta 2
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:07 pm

The pitchbend module is included in Windows releases of 3.100 beta 1 or 2 (either MFH's rars or my installers) and is enabled by default. I am probably going to completely overhaul the pitchbend code in the near future to fix the sound quality issues and add the capability for applying more advanced audio effects in other situations (such as an SP/OD echo, or, if the planets align correctly, an RB-like effects switch).

What Python version you have installed and what modules you have installed with it makes no difference whatsoever unless you run from source (which is not that difficult to do). I would strongly recommend Python 2.4 if you do so. Python 2.5 has performance and stability issues, but all dependency modules are available. Python 2.6 theoretically could work if someone provided module builds. Python 3.0 will require much code (and not just ours...) to be overhauled or otherwise non-trivially changed and so is not supported at all. Stick with 2.4, or 2.5 if you're feeling adventurous. There are guides to obtaining and using the latest sources from our Subversion repository both on the development site and on this forum.
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
Jenova_Bayne

Postby Jenova_Bayne » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:04 pm

Thats Cool Jstump... I think I'll wait then for a better revised version if there are stability issues...
(My FoF goes choppy when I use the Killswitch anyways I Just noticed)

My version I found out is the MFH 3.017

So What I might do seeing as I don't like dicking around with the settings on FOF
(Last time I did It died on me... and then I shot my comp in the foot)

So I'll either wait for a new release with the whammy incorporated... or mess with it on my laptop
(I refuse to do that on my shiny new alienware X3)

Thanks for all of the help from all of you

Keep up the good work EVERYONE!!!!!
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:35 am

FoFiX 3.100 Beta 2 installer: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hzzmjjlmzz3
Pitchbend 0.2 python2.4: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3mgtxhagijt

Both by Jstump, I'm not sure uf the pitchbend is installable or where you should put it. but it's all there. :P
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
andrew_t29

Postby andrew_t29 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:40 am

Any way to get the pitchbend module in OSX? I see the gz archives, but I'm not great with Terminal.
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:09 pm

You'd have to wait a bit then. It does work on GNU/Linux (or so I've heard, managed to compile it but never got it working myself), but it doesn't really matter as it's going to be rewritten using another library (I'm quite sure that it will build easily under all the majors OSes). Wait untill then, hopefully trinidude will take a look at it.
andrew_t29

Postby andrew_t29 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:37 pm

Alright, thanks for the help. If it's at all possible to have the pitchbend module integrated in the program (no extra installing/compiling necessary), that would be something good.
Jenova_Bayne

Postby Jenova_Bayne » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:57 am

To be honest Andrew...
I tried it and even though the whammy effect works...
it doesen't WORK work...
It must be in early development or something now because even though it gives off the effect...
It kinda goes weird at the same time... I tried with Guitar and keyboard and got the same thing...

If I were you I'd stick with the kill switch until they work out a better version that will work a little more...
Even though Pitchbend is great Idea to come up with for tackling whammy effect... it still needs work...
I've been waiting for a whammy effect for a while too but at least I know there is some hope out there with this program...

I guess the point of this rant is... Just wait a while longer... there is whammy... not quite good enough to use yet.

PS. This is coming from a Vista 32 user... so I dunno what it's like on other OSX

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”