B-mod V2.1

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 6 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
blazingamer

Re: B-mod V2.1

Postby blazingamer » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:12 am

If you want a mac port, try running from sources since they are packaged with B-mod.

Mediafire is back up, I don't plan on adding mirrors because I have an account on mediafire so I can keep track of all my files I'm uploaded.

I won't be adding Jurgen Power, I think I've already made it enough like RockBand and Guitar Hero with the addition of failing and the mods included. The reason why I do plan on adding multiple parts is because most of the songs here now have multiple parts and I want full playability.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:22 am

Yeah, MF is back. Phew. And I think you need to tweak the 1.3 Mesh.py. It is missing lighting, and the notes spot colour should be black and the hopo circle should be according to the frets colour.

---- EDIT ----

And Rouge_F is back. Check this out.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33222
Glad he is back. And woah! The next RF-Mod would be awesome!
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:06 pm

If you mean the notes in the GH mod by Raph, they've always had no lighting and the dot on top changes to blue instead of the ring to white. Always like that, always will be.

http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/ghmod

Also, a message I sent to MFH about FOFiX and this

I hope you haven't minded my temp leave to work on B-mod. Once I'm done making a stable version with all the features I want I'll come back. It shouldn't be very long, I just want to add multiple parts, alternate song library, lyrics, and hopo before I'm done. They're all things that have been done already, I just want to provide a stable updated version of 1.3 with all the things that RF-mod pretty much added and a few more from FOFiX.

It will in no way be a competitor, more of a step in-between going from vanilla to FOFiX.
arfn24

Postby arfn24 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:55 pm

Im trying to fix up a Mac port. Running from source is a little Difficult :P
I've had to do stuff like steal Pygame from FoFiX :)
I have been having a few issues with my most recent run at it.
If you want it, heres my error

Spoiler:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "FretsOnFire.py", line 45, in <module>
    from GameEngine import GameEngine
  File "/Users/*REMOVED*/Desktop/B-Mod V2/src/GameEngine.py", line 24, in <module>
    import pygame
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pygame-1.8.1release-py2.5-macosx-10.4-fat.egg/pygame/__init__.py", line 93, in <module>
ImportError: dlopen(/Users/*REMOVED*/Desktop/B-Mod V2/src/pygame/base.so, 2): Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/SDL.framework/Versions/A/SDL
  Referenced from: /Users/*REMOVED*/Desktop/B-Mod V2/src/pygame/base.so
  Reason: image not found

Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:33 am

blazingamer wrote:If you mean the notes in the GH mod by Raph, they've always had no lighting and the dot on top changes to blue instead of the ring to white. Always like that, always will be.

http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/ghmod

Also, a message I sent to MFH about FOFiX and this

I hope you haven't minded my temp leave to work on B-mod. Once I'm done making a stable version with all the features I want I'll come back. It shouldn't be very long, I just want to add multiple parts, alternate song library, lyrics, and hopo before I'm done. They're all things that have been done already, I just want to provide a stable updated version of 1.3 with all the things that RF-mod pretty much added and a few more from FOFiX.

It will in no way be a competitor, more of a step in-between going from vanilla to FOFiX.

I'm just weird, 1.2 Mesh.py got some lighting like the frets and notes. The original one.

---- EDIT ----

And I guess we need the old setlist back. This setlist is very laggy.
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:15 am

I haven't noticed any real lag in the song list... In any case it should be optional in my opinion. One thing I would like to see would be a seperated theme menu in the mod section so that things like the song list can be changed in the mod section while things like, notes can be changed in the theme menu
data/mods/mod_name

data/mods/themes/theme_name/keys,dae
data/mods/themes/theme_name/frets,dae
data/mods/themes/theme_name/perfect1.ogg
data/mods/themes/theme_name/out.ogg
Etc. with one item for each theme part, with a selectable names for the themes that has that file.

Also this is probably going to be my main fof mod right now as I can't be bothered with finding the right python.opengl package again.. FoFiX is of course my fav mod but it runs very slow with python2.4 and pyopengl 3.0
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:05 am

The setlist lag on my computer because the Rust In Peace album cover is very big and it's upside down. And I think we need new HOPO because when I miss at solos, usually they got non-stop HOPOs, and I can't recover back.
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:32 am

acrox999 wrote:The setlist lag on my computer because the Rust In Peace album cover is very big and it's upside down. And I think we need new HOPO because when I miss at solos, usually they got non-stop HOPOs, and I can't recover back.

When you miss a note on a long Ho/Po streak you need to hit two or three notes accurately with strums on the old Ho/Po system.

As for the album cover. rescale it and make it upside down pherhaps? There should be easy programs for adding right click operations like that (else someone should make). I've been using right click menu operations like that for years (kde service menu, scale, rotate etc..).

In worst case scenario you'll have to edit the image with a image editer...

In any case, the lag as you say, is not due to the song list itself but rather the image loaded and being to big. and that is not something that the game should "fix".

A resolution of 512x512 should be more than enough for a album image. I'd go for 384x384 myself (128+256, I tend to try and keep textures to binary friendly resolutions).
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
KrazzyKlown

Postby KrazzyKlown » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:09 am

blazingamer wrote:If you mean the notes in the GH mod by Raph, they've always had no lighting and the dot on top changes to blue instead of the ring to white. Always like that, always will be.

RF-Mod 4 has raph notes that change the color of the ring, and if you "hopo_color = #FFFFFF" to the theme.ini it will be white.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:38 am

Everybody knows that. He's a coder, so he knew it. :glare: Anyway, I want the old notes colour back. The spot must be kinda black + white(some white or maybe that's a lighting?) and the HOPO colour must be according to the frets.
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:49 am

Those are for different notes, the notes that come with the GH mod, the ones from Raph's 1.2.451 gh mod, the ones that are supposed to have the white dot change colors instead of the ring, the one packaged in RF-mod under Theme GH, are the notes packaged in B-mod. That is the way they are modeled, that is why the dot on top changes color. They are not the notes I made, those are under Notes Blazingamer.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:49 am

Ah, I got what I need to make the original notes back. :biggrin: Too easy to change it in theme.ini. :biggrin: And how can I get the key glowing effects back? Like when you hit a note, the fret will have some glowing on it.
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:41 pm

I wasn't able to get the glowing effect for the multiple colored keys to work correctly so I disabled it. It uses different methods to do the glow in 1.3. I can't use the old methods or it ends up being ruined, and if I use the new method it creates a giant circle around it. I'll find a way eventually.
trinidude4

Postby trinidude4 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:12 pm

Mac version of BMod 2.15:
http://www.mediafire.com/?slhebj3exgn

I only briefly tested it and it seems to be running well.
Last edited by trinidude4 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arfn24

Postby arfn24 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:15 pm

Thanks!

I'm trying to get 2D keys working, how would that go???

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”