EOF 1.71 (Updated 11/29/2010)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 12 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Free Happy!
fofgh3

Re: My fault or EOFs?

Postby fofgh3 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:37 am

raph666 wrote:
fofgh3 wrote:Thanks, just for future reference is there any other way to select more than one note then mapping them then pausing?

I'm not sure to understand the way you currently use but to select many notes you can use the shift-click method:
left-click on the first note of the bunch you want to select, scroll to the last one, hold shift and left-click on the last note.

Thanks Im a bit of a EOF noob, I used to just fret straight out on EOF, just notes nothing else but now I'm trying to... "advance" ;)
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.5 Released!

Postby raynebc » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:35 pm

I'm pretty sure it's left click for all input modes to select a note or subsequent notes. You can add individual notes to the selection by holding CTRL while clicking on a note. Or, as raph666 mentioned, you can click the first note in a range that you want to select, go to the last note in the range, hold SHIFT and then click on that last note. All notes from the first to the last note in that range are selected.
I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:04 pm

In case no one notices, if you click on 'Project Website' on the OP, you can get EoF v1.51, I don't know what the changes are...
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:25 pm

Nice catch, he might have not had time to update the first post before going on vacation. Here's the changelog included with v1.51:

Code: Select all

1.51:

Added command line option "-softmouse" to force EOF to draw it's own mouse
cursor instead of trying to use the system mouse cursor. Use this if you have
issues with the mouse flickering or disappearing.

Fixed issues with OGG profiles which caused the chart to become corrupted under
certain circumstances.

Fixed "history.txt" under version 1.5 regarding the note lengths being slightly
off when using grid snap. This issue was completely resolved and I forgot to
update the history to reflect that.

Anybody that was having trouble with a flickery mouse should probably use this version. To make it easier to start with the EOF mouse pointer instead of the OS mouse pointer, create a shortcut of EOF and edit the shortcut so that the command line/target is changed to "...eof.exe -softmouse". Make sure to leave the ... part as the correct path to the program.
HEAVY METAL NEKO BOY
khcat

Postby khcat » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:05 pm

wow! im very impressed. normally i just play the songs, but now im (for the first time) getting to addict to making the songs. five stars
I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:44 pm

Sorry for the massive bump... but I've just come across something the EoF, dearly needs.

It's probally the only advandage feedback has over this at the moment.

It's called 'Quantisation Intervel', Puppetz has described it in his 2nd advanced fretting tut:

Puppetz wrote:PROBLEMATIC PATTERNS:

- You may run into some problems while fretting, yes... it might be that the tabs are wrong or they could be right. I recommend doing as the tabs sais, after that listen with 0.5x and you should clearly hear if it fits the song or not.

- Anyway, these tabs are right [Picture 8a]. The first four notes are not a problem, they're simple 1/16 (the most common note). Then you see that in the next two beatlines (marked red) has 9 notes in it. And there isn't a regular step that makes 4.5 notes in a beatline. So we have to use the "Quantisation Interval" button, and it's "Q". It lets you choose any interval/step you want. This time I know that 9 notes in two beatlines means 1/18. So I just write 18 in it, and you may now move in 1/18 steps to put the notes there. These are very rare! I've used it in 2 songs of my 300...

- The next two beatlines (marked yellow) has 10 notes in them, 5 in one of them. This is also a step you don't have automatically in dB, so press "Q", make it 1/20.

- [Picture 8b] shows how it'll look in dB.

- The last to beatlines (marked green). You think it's a problem? No it's not, it's just regular 1/24 notes. The third/fifth/eight note are just 2 x 24.

- When using "Q". There's a 50/50 chance that you don't land on the spot you want. What do you do then? Yes, you double up the "Q". In the first case "the red marked place". If it wouldn't have worked with my 1/18 step, I would have used 1/32.

Basically, it lets you fret weird intervels like 5-tuplets and, I suppose, any intervel. It would be very useful to have this.
I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:08 pm

Pretty much.
StXDragonSword

Postby StXDragonSword » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:43 pm

anyway i can get this thing to fret using my x-plorer?
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:54 pm

Yes. Map your controller buttons in File>Controllers and use the "guitar tap" or "guitar strum" input method in File>Preferences. Read the documentation to read the differences, which seem generally that to place chords, you have to use the strum input method. Do note that you should try to set all the correct anchors and tempos before you "chart" the song during playback, and even then, you need to go and correct the placement and consistency of the notes afterward. Any songs that are posted just by free-styling without much regard to the finer points of charting will not be good.
I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:11 pm

Yeh, to be honest, I don't see the point of that type of fretting... your never gonna get a good chart with it...

Where is NewCreature?
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:43 pm

I'm back. I've updated the first post with future plans. Scroll down to the end of the post to see what new features are in store.

I'll start working on EOF at the beginning of next week barring any unforseen obstacles.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
Nicknamed Shamrock
Kermit4Prez

Postby Kermit4Prez » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Version 2.0 will be EOF migrated from the outdated Allegro 4.2 to Allegro 5. There are many advantages to using Allegro 5 but most importantly it will make EOF more efficient and it will close the gap between the Windows version and the Linux and Mac versions.

Good, because Allegro 4.2 doesn't seem to work well on my computer. It randomly decides when I can and can't use it like twice a month, leaving me without EOF for up to 3 days.

Spoiler:

It's not a real goose, it's only a picture of one.

I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:14 pm

NewCreature wrote:-GHWT crazy notes.

Yaaay!

I can't wait for the next release!

Honestly, I don't think anyone should be using Feedback any more...

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”