EOF 1.71 (Updated 11/29/2010)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 12 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Re: EOF 1.5 Released!

Postby Nathaniel607 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:04 pm

I'd like to suggest adding more time signature options, it's kinda of annoying doing a whole song with TS then, BOOM, 2/4 time signature!
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:33 pm

I'd like to suggest adding more time signature options, it's kinda of annoying doing a whole song with TS then, BOOM, 2/4 time signature!

Any others besides 2/4 you want?
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:53 am

NewCreature wrote:Any others besides 2/4 you want?

Yes, there are a few more (thanks Dream Theatre), I'm not home right now, I'll check some when I get in, there aren't many though.

The TS is really helpfull because it helps you tell which part of EoF fits with the Guitar Pro tab and FL midi file your looking at.

----EDIT----

Some TS's I've found... probably not all the ones I'll need, but I looked through a couple of GP tabs and found these:

2/4
2/2
8/8
7/4
6/8
7/8
9/8
12/8
13/8
11/8

Hmmmm... if you add all of them, that's probably all anyone will ever need... though I remember hearing Constant Motion by Dream Theater goes to 16/8...

Judge for yourself, It's not very often I'll need all of them (most are practicallly Dream Theater exclusive), the most important are probably 2/4 2/2 6/8 and 7/4.
Free Happy!
fofgh3

My fault or EOFs?

Postby fofgh3 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:25 pm

If this can be moved to Tech Support please do so... I didn't know whether to do that or not since it's not the games fault.

Anyway I fretted a new song with the new EOF, I selected the notes I wanted to have SP or solo notes but FOFix recognizes them as one note, so if I had 5 SP notes it would up my star power 5 times. If I had 20 solo notes it would recognize 20 solos in a row... causing my game to crash. Am I doing something wrong or is this a glitch?

Here is the song I tested with: Yes I'm obsessed with this band.

<I changed it to two solo markers so the game wont crash>
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:12 pm

My vacation starts tomorrow. I will be back at the start of February. Don't be alarmed if I don't say anything until then as I won't be online until I get back. I will review all the comments then and begin work on the next version.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: My fault or EOFs?

Postby raynebc » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:17 pm

I looked at the EOF and MIDI files, and the way that you defined your SP and Solo phrases, it looked like the notes had been selected one at a time, and for each individual note, a SP or Solo phrase had been marked. In case that's what you did, you should select all notes you want to be in the phrase all at once and then mark the phrase once for the set of notes.

I rebuilt the phrases in the chart by selecting the notes in each phrase, removing the multiple phrases and redefining one phrase. Give it a try (EOF file):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/t5u81w
Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:06 pm

NewCreature wrote:
I think you should think about trying to make it more like the GHWT Song Editor.

A quick Google search returned nothing on the topic of a GHWT song editor, only the creator. If you point me to relevant information or describe it I might be able to get some ideas from it for future EOF versions.

Can we get this forum going again?
Nicknamed Shamrock
Kermit4Prez

Postby Kermit4Prez » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:22 pm

To not seem like a leech, I'm going to say thanks for all your hard work. Really looking forward to the lyrics feature, MIDI lyrics have always been confusing to me.

Spoiler:

It's not a real goose, it's only a picture of one.

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:28 pm

In the mean time, if you want scrolling midi lyrics, you can create the lyrics in VividLyrics Editor and use my converter to create the PART VOCALS MIDI track. See either of my last two charts for a proof of concept:

ZARD - Ai wa Kurayami no Naka de
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31899

Neil Patrick Harris- Brand New Day
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32697
Um?
Gugered

Postby Gugered » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:28 pm

raynebc wrote:In the mean time, if you want scrolling midi lyrics, you can create the lyrics in VividLyrics Editor and use my converter to create the PART VOCALS MIDI track. See either of my last two charts for a proof of concept:

ZARD - Ai wa Kurayami no Naka de
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31899

Neil Patrick Harris- Brand New Day
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32697

Yeah i heard of it and looks fantastic, but i never made it work because im on mac, also i tried it on VMWare but couldn't get the thing worked, just keep telling me that the exe wont run in the command prompt or something like that, any kinda help you can give?
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:02 am

It's a 32 bit Windows console application, but I don't know if it will run in Windows 9x. If you have a virtual machine of Windows 2000+, that's probably the ideal platform. I can provide a 16 bit version if you cannot get the 32 bit program to work. I'll ask trinidude4 if he has the time to compile it for Mac, but otherwise any Mac programmer that can help would be welcomed.
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:41 am

NewCreature wrote:
I think you should think about trying to make it more like the GHWT Song Editor.

A quick Google search returned nothing on the topic of a GHWT song editor, only the creator. If you point me to relevant information or describe it I might be able to get some ideas from it for future EOF versions.
He's talking about GHMix. IMO you shouldn't bother; your current interface is fine. GHMix was designed to be operated with a plastic guitar, not a mouse and keyboard, so it's not really appropriate.

I guess the main differences are:
1) song tracks go vertically upwards instead of horizontally to the right
2) It shows all the instruments at the same time, but the active one is bigger than the rest (this is actually quite helpful for identifying different parts of the song)

EDIT: I somehow managed to miss the third page :rolleyes: .

IIRC all time signatures are valid as long as the denominator is a power of two. I'm not sure how you'd show time signatures with a denominator other than four, though. Maybe draw extra beatlines? But then you'd have to be able to move them, too.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
Um?
Gugered

Postby Gugered » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:07 am

raynebc wrote:It's a 32 bit Windows console application, but I don't know if it will run in Windows 9x. If you have a virtual machine of Windows 2000+, that's probably the ideal platform. I can provide a 16 bit version if you cannot get the 32 bit program to work. I'll ask trinidude4 if he has the time to compile it for Mac, but otherwise any Mac programmer that can help would be welcomed.

Ok, i'll have to download the windows 2000 image, but would be great if someone could compile it for mac, cause i already manage to run and understand vividlyrics on vmware fusion 2 and would be an easy task while NewCreature prepares the lyric editor incorporated into EOF.
Free Happy!
fofgh3

Postby fofgh3 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:16 am

raynebc wrote:I looked at the EOF and MIDI files, and the way that you defined your SP and Solo phrases, it looked like the notes had been selected one at a time, and for each individual note, a SP or Solo phrase had been marked. In case that's what you did, you should select all notes you want to be in the phrase all at once and then mark the phrase once for the set of notes.

I rebuilt the phrases in the chart by selecting the notes in each phrase, removing the multiple phrases and redefining one phrase. Give it a try (EOF file):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/t5u81w

Thanks, just for future reference is there any other way to select more than one note then mapping them then pausing?
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:27 am

fofgh3 wrote:Thanks, just for future reference is there any other way to select more than one note then mapping them then pausing?

I'm not sure to understand the way you currently use but to select many notes you can use the shift-click method:
left-click on the first note of the bunch you want to select, scroll to the last one, hold shift and left-click on the last note.
Last edited by raph666 on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: left-click, not right.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”