EOF 1.71 (Updated 11/29/2010)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 12 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Re: EOF 1.55

Postby amak11 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:32 am

i 'm also wondering why when i try to change the screen size it doesn't work. I've forced 8-bit and the screen gets bigger and when i change it back it stays the same size. what's the remedy to this
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:06 pm

Ahh, that's a bug. When I added the new options I forgot to adjust the place the screen size is read from in the dialog. I'll fix this. I should have a new release sometime today but we'll see.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:19 pm

Suggestion similar to SketchMan's...

Could you make the notes highlight more apparent? I mean like when you're playing back the song, and it flashes when the line goes over it, can you make it more apparent than what it is? It's hard as hell to see it flash.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Wait what
evilbobthebob

Postby evilbobthebob » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:22 pm

One question about EOF: how is the clap sound timed? Is it based purely on the MIDI file? Or is it timed some other way? I get the feeling this may be why Feedback->EOF doesn't work. But, I'm not sure... :unsure: Sometimes opening my Feedback charts in EOF works fine, other times they go out of sync.
All my songs | My Hero Project: A Hero
The Smart Way to Ask Questions

Spoiler:ummmmm hey guys
you suck because I said so
I know everything about art guys
what you make is worthless because you use photos
allow me to bash you and not prove I hold any talent of my own guys
guys guys guys
look at me
I need attention

NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:40 pm

Could you make the notes highlight more apparent?

Any suggestion on how to do that? Should I just make it brighter?

One question about EOF: how is the clap sound timed?

The clap sound timing is based on the position of the note in milliseconds. The clap should coincide exactly with the audio in the song. The display could be out of sync depending on whether or not the AV delay setting is correct but if the note claps exactly at the right time according to the audio then it is in the correct location.

The MIDI import is extremely accurate so there shouldn't be an issue with importing any Feedback songs unless the MIDI file isn't saved correctly.

Just to be clear, how exactly is the chart going out of sync? Is it not synced to start with or does it lose sync with time as you are listening to the song? Also, if you want you can send me one of the charts which is not working correctly and I will look at it.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
Wait what
evilbobthebob

Postby evilbobthebob » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:10 pm

I think I know what's causing it: the audio buffer. The audio seems to lag constantly behind the claps when the buffer is at standard 4096. When I doubled the buffer, the claps came in time with the music (this is with a perfect sync song, constant BPM). When I played the song at half speed with standard buffer size, the claps were in sync, but they lost sync at full speed. I think this may be the issue then for the Feedback>EOF sync problems that people are sometimes experiencing. I fully intend to use EOF for a lot more fretting jobs now I've got it working properly :smile:
All my songs | My Hero Project: A Hero
The Smart Way to Ask Questions

Spoiler:ummmmm hey guys
you suck because I said so
I know everything about art guys
what you make is worthless because you use photos
allow me to bash you and not prove I hold any talent of my own guys
guys guys guys
look at me
I need attention

NewCreature

Re: EOF 1.56

Postby NewCreature » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:45 pm

v1.56 is now available for download. New in this version:

EOF no longer creates an initial window before setting up the real window.

Fixed changing window size in the Display dialog not working.

Added initial support for BRE sections. Click the new "BRE" tab to place BRE
notes. Typically a Big Rock Ending is defined by a five-note chord which runs
then length of the BRE section.

Added new Custom Grid Snap setting. Select "Custom" from the Grid Snap menu and
enter the number of snap positions you want per beat. This function is similar
to Feedback's Quantization Interval.

Speed, HOPO view, and Grid Snap settings are now stored in the config file.

Download links available in the first post.
I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:37 pm

Thank you for this release! Custom grid snapping and BRE! Downloading now.
Nicknamed Shamrock
Kermit4Prez

Postby Kermit4Prez » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:01 pm

Extra yay because BRE in drums are drum fills, unless there's an event called, "big_rock_ending"!

Spoiler:

It's not a real goose, it's only a picture of one.

NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:12 pm

unless there's an event called, "big_rock_ending"!

I have heard that drum fills use regular BRE notes but you need to add a text event called "big_rock_ending" in the drum track if you want a drum BRE.
Nicknamed Shamrock
Kermit4Prez

Postby Kermit4Prez » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:21 pm

NewCreature wrote:
unless there's an event called, "big_rock_ending"!

I have heard that drum fills use regular BRE notes but you need to add a text event called "big_rock_ending" in the drum track if you want a drum BRE.

Yes, I know, that's what I meant. :tongue:

Spoiler:

It's not a real goose, it's only a picture of one.

Azzco

Postby Azzco » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:42 pm

This is the first time in several months that I used EOF. It worked a lot better than I expected, and syncing was a breeze, damn good work newcreature! :thumbup:
However there was still stuff that I could not do with EOF.

GH:WT styled chords, I had one REALLY slow chord in my song and I wanted to add a GHWT styled chord. Would it be possible to add support for these kind of chords in the future?
Perhaps, just make a long note for the duration of the chord, go into "note" menu, and mark it in some kind to allow notes to be added side by side?

Another issue I ran into, unison starpower/overdrive. These are quite hard to get right, and I couldn't for the life of mine get it to work correct without using another midi editor. Would it be possible to just add another lane, or some other way to easily edit the starpower/overdrive?
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Thank you NewCreature you are the man :woot:

I have a suggestion, how about programable quick key shortcuts for cords and toggle key for crazy notes. this would be very useful
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:20 pm

Azzco wrote:This is the first time in several months that I used EOF. It worked a lot better than I expected, and syncing was a breeze, damn good work newcreature! :thumbup:
However there was still stuff that I could not do with EOF.

GH:WT styled chords, I had one REALLY slow chord in my song and I wanted to add a GHWT styled chord. Would it be possible to add support for these kind of chords in the future?
Perhaps, just make a long note for the duration of the chord, go into "note" menu, and mark it in some kind to allow notes to be added side by side?

Another issue I ran into, unison starpower/overdrive. These are quite hard to get right, and I couldn't for the life of mine get it to work correct without using another midi editor. Would it be possible to just add another lane, or some other way to easily edit the starpower/overdrive?

We already have both of those...

If you have the latest versions, here are the solutions:

For GH:WT style chords, do your first note, and when you have it at the right length, go on the 'note' menu and click 'toggle crazy', the note will go black and now you can add another note next to it, during the sustain.

For solos, select the note you want the solo to to start at, then hold shift and select the note you want the solo to end at, while all the notes are selected, go onto the 'notes' menu, go on the 'solos' tab and click 'mark'.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:59 pm

I'm pretty sure you can do this already. Unfortunately there is a bug which I didn't notice until now. The crazy notes are toggled off when new notes are added. I'll have to fix this. When I fix the bug you can do a slow chord by creating a long note and toggling it to crazy. Then add the second note where it starts in the cord and lengthen it to match the first note. Repeat for step 2 for 3-note chords. Edit: I see Nathaniel607 has already posted how to do this.

I'll probably do some more work on overdrive. I noticed that sometimes in FoFiX the notes before and after the overdrive section are counted as part of the overdrive section. I'm not sure if this is an issue with FoFiX because I noticed some Rock Band songs seem to have a similar issue with extra notes being marked as overdrive. The problem comes from the way FoFiX marks overdrive. If a note is adjacent to the beginning or end of the overdrive section it gets marked. A workaround is to make the last note before the overdrive section a little shorter so it doesn't touch the first overdrive note. The last note in the overdrive section needs to be shortened as well so it doesn't touch the first non-overdrive note after the section. This whole paragraph applies to solo sections as well. Also, if I can confirm that it is a FoFiX issue I will bring it up over there.

I have a suggestion, how about programable quick key shortcuts for cords and toggle key for crazy notes. this would be very useful

Hmm, sounds good. Any ideas on a good implementation for chord shortcuts?

I will be posting a small update tomorrow to deal with the GHWT notes bug.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”