EOF 1.71 (Updated 11/29/2010)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 12 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
drihscol

Re: EOF 1.71 (Updated 11/29/2010)

Postby drihscol » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:11 am

well the notes that i've got at the moment weigh in at a hefty 1.5 KB so, maybe best not to change anything just in case i crash my computer! =P
I'm really pleased with the way that they look anyway, all pixely, makes me nostalgic.
You know, I'd be happy to make completely original notes just for EOF if you'd like.
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bajnmkinaopofbfaopenlfooloknfjlf?hl=en-US

Spoiler:Bands I like

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains

The British American
ShadyVox

Postby ShadyVox » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:12 am

During my weeks of having EOF and FOF, I have put in some original songs of my own creation in my game, these are inclusive to their master tracks. I was wondering, is there anyway to share these tracks between friends without the master tracks being so accessible? You know, just lying in a folder labeled 'song.ogg', 'guitar.ogg' or whatever. Perhaps you can create a format or something in EOF that encrypts all that information a sort into a readable file, but makes it encrypted so no one can access the individual tracks?
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:21 am

This is easily done in audacity.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:25 pm

drihscol wrote:well the notes that i've got at the moment weigh in at a hefty 1.5 KB so, maybe best not to change anything just in case i crash my computer! =P
I'm really pleased with the way that they look anyway, all pixely, makes me nostalgic.
You know, I'd be happy to make completely original notes just for EOF if you'd like.

They don't need to be completely original for EOF unless you want them to be. However, if you would like us to package graphics with EOF, NewCreature and I will have to insist that they are deemed open source (so that they can be freely distributed with the source code).

ShadyVox wrote:During my weeks of having EOF and FOF, I have put in some original songs of my own creation in my game, these are inclusive to their master tracks. I was wondering, is there anyway to share these tracks between friends without the master tracks being so accessible? You know, just lying in a folder labeled 'song.ogg', 'guitar.ogg' or whatever. Perhaps you can create a format or something in EOF that encrypts all that information a sort into a readable file, but makes it encrypted so no one can access the individual tracks?

I don't know if or how that can be achieved. As I mentioned in one of the other threads, encryption only remains secure as long as the private/shared key remains secret. I suppose the best alternative I can think of would be for EOF to store the audio in an obfuscated format that only EOF understands. This would allow multiple people to work on the chart, but the audio will not be in a usable state for FoF. As for a better solution, a security programmer would have to offer sound advice for an easy and reliable way to implement encryption. I can't say that I'm interested in investing dozens of hours into such a thing though, since it's not very useful at all unless FoFiX is updated to be able to read the encrypted tracks.
The British American
ShadyVox

Postby ShadyVox » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:55 pm

raynebc wrote:I don't know if or how that can be achieved. As I mentioned in one of the other threads, encryption only remains secure as long as the private/shared key remains secret. I suppose the best alternative I can think of would be for EOF to store the audio in an obfuscated format that only EOF understands. This would allow multiple people to work on the chart, but the audio will not be in a usable state for FoF. As for a better solution, a security programmer would have to offer sound advice for an easy and reliable way to implement encryption. I can't say that I'm interested in investing dozens of hours into such a thing though, since it's not very useful at all unless FoFiX is updated to be able to read the encrypted tracks.

How might I achieve this key? Figuratively speaking.
'_>'
SUSAltd

Postby SUSAltd » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:59 pm

You wouldn't be able to because FoFiX doesn't use any keys to encrypt/decrypt the music it uses.

Spoiler:

ImageCharting Achievements:
1st place 2009 April Novice Guitar competition
3rd place 2009 May Expert Guitar competition
4th place 2009 June Expert Guitar competition
1st place 2010 February Guitar competition
1st place 2010 April Guitar Competition
2nd place 2010 May Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 June Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 August Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 December Guitar Competition

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:33 pm

I don't think the FoFiX devs can or will get around to implementing something like song encryption in the foreseeable future, so somebody would have to make their own branch of the FoFiX code and write it themselves. If such a thing were to happen, I wouldn't mind working on some kind of compatible encryption system, but whichever security developers implement such a FoFiX branch would have to be willing to work with NewCreature and me to add such support to EOF.
The British American
ShadyVox

Postby ShadyVox » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:58 pm

raynebc wrote:I don't think the FoFiX devs can or will get around to implementing something like song encryption in the foreseeable future, so somebody would have to make their own branch of the FoFiX code and write it themselves. If such a thing were to happen, I wouldn't mind working on some kind of compatible encryption system, but whichever security developers implement such a FoFiX branch would have to be willing to work with NewCreature and me to add such support to EOF.

That would be killer sweet.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:53 pm

Development update:
Now you will be able to enable a "legacy view" of a pro guitar track as an aid for transposing it for 5 lane guitar. It will show how each note/chord has been configured to paste into regular guitar, and will mark each note that isn't configured yet in maroon:

When you configure a note/chord's corresponding 5 lane gems, EOF will offer to apply those to all pro guitar notes in the track are identical (same strings and fret values used). This should make it easy to have 100% consistency when down-charting expert pro guitar to expert guitar.
ctrl-alt-deleted
kamakazikilla

Postby kamakazikilla » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:47 pm

this is pretty cool... so essentially, you decide what notes are what color and chord combo for the five buttons, and it auto plugs them into the chart?? this is fairly functional, except for when the five buttons don't cover enough ground, in which case a little old school pitch detection will always be neccessary, even in these cases... but either way, this is a super cool idea...
My Ongoing Song Thread <--old

############
Union Hero <--- where my new work is being kept
############

Make A Request Here!! I'LL FRET YOU A SONG =D

EOF Sync Tutorial And FAQ
GH Style Notes For Phase Shift
Rock Band Style Notes For Phase Shift
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:49 am

You might not even need pitch detection if your pro chart is accurate.
ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.
ctrl-alt-deleted
kamakazikilla

Postby kamakazikilla » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:17 am

i know, i was talking about single notes mainly... chords will more than likely be taken care of, however, making them fit comfortably with the single notes may be slightly more difficult
My Ongoing Song Thread <--old

############
Union Hero <--- where my new work is being kept
############

Make A Request Here!! I'LL FRET YOU A SONG =D

EOF Sync Tutorial And FAQ
GH Style Notes For Phase Shift
Rock Band Style Notes For Phase Shift
'_>'
SUSAltd

Postby SUSAltd » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:13 pm

Well, think of it like charting Medium or Easy. When you copy and paste your Hard chart, you'll still have to make adjustments to fit the frets you can use.

Spoiler:

ImageCharting Achievements:
1st place 2009 April Novice Guitar competition
3rd place 2009 May Expert Guitar competition
4th place 2009 June Expert Guitar competition
1st place 2010 February Guitar competition
1st place 2010 April Guitar Competition
2nd place 2010 May Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 June Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 August Guitar Competition
1st place 2010 December Guitar Competition

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:16 am

Development update:
Work on pro guitar import has begun:

According to a YouTube video, that 4 note chord's A string is supposed to be using fret 10, but I haven't looked into why it's being read as fret 0. The next week or two should see that the rest of the pro guitar spec is deciphered.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”