EOF 1.71 (Updated 11/29/2010)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 12 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.65 (Updated 5/29/2010)

Postby raynebc » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:50 am

gunder wrote:There are some repetitive riffs, so I had to count each measure again to go sure...Idea would be that you could display the measure or beat numbers in EOF

Development update: Within the past few days, we've gotten the waveform graph going, and measure numbering in the editor window has just been implemented:
fuzion

Re: EOF 1.666 (Updated 8/17/2010)

Postby fuzion » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:32 am

very freaking cool!
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:05 pm

Very cool, indeed. I'm tempted to give EOF (and charting in general) another go once that is going.
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Lysdestic wrote:Very cool, indeed. I'm tempted to give EOF (and charting in general) another go once that is going.

same here.
Image Image
Image Image

Amak11 wrote:haha, if only you were of age
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:23 pm

raynebc wrote:
gunder wrote:There are some repetitive riffs, so I had to count each measure again to go sure...Idea would be that you could display the measure or beat numbers in EOF

Development update: Within the past few days, we've gotten the waveform graph going, and measure numbering in the editor window has just been implemented:

ok my curiousity is peaked, whats the wave thing for?
Image Image
estemshorn

Postby estemshorn » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:32 pm

Asskickulater wrote:
raynebc wrote:

ok my curiousity is peaked, whats the wave thing for?

It's the waveform. It shows the audio.
It would be very useful, especially with master tracks, because you could align the notes perfectly this way, so it would be completely synced.
Image Image
Image Image

Amak11 wrote:haha, if only you were of age
The tux power
Borisdsp

Postby Borisdsp » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:15 am

EOF 1.666 woo I am scared!!
Team Meteorito Official Member
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:22 am

Requesting a volume slider for claps and metronome.

This release looks like it's going to be a great one, thanks for implementing my request.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Arctic Monkey
Dabutz

Postby Dabutz » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:34 am

raynebc wrote:Sluggish how? If you are getting stuttering playback, you need to increase the buffer size. Other than that, your computer may have very low CPU/GPU performance.

I have a similar problem here. If I start up my computer and then open EOF before really doing much else then it runs smoothly.... but after a little bit it starts to skip ahead, a small jump at first here or there, but then it just keeps worse and worse the more I use it. Soon it gets to the point where it wont play for a couple seconds without skipping ahead pretty far. It will skip when I try to fast forward or rewind too, but just the fret board itself, the music always keeps playing normally if I let it go. Also, if I have been on the computer for a while (playing games, internet, etc) and then open a song in EOF, it tends to start skipping right off the bat.

I tried the method of modifying the .cfg file but that didn't work...
It's odd since EOF works fine on my computer at college but here at home it has this stutter that gets progressively worse the more I use the program.

Help! I love to fret and EOF makes me so :cursing: when it skips and doesn't do what I want it to do.....

Here are some specs if you need them....

AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core 4200+
2.2GHz
1gb RAM
GeForce 7600gt (maybe gts or something)
XP 64-bit

Yea its not great compared to todays stuff but its my moms so what do you expect
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:50 am

I notice that on my computer, I get stuttering playback if certain programs are open, such as Audacity. You could try your luck on the same settings I use (smooth playback, 6144 buffer size, disable vsync). You could also check what processes are running in the program, to see if the number of free CPU cycles or memory are low.
Arctic Monkey
Dabutz

Postby Dabutz » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:58 am

I noticed that programs like that do contribute to the problem sometimes but it happens even when I never open any other programs. How do I check what processes are running in the programs and do you have any advice on what I should do?
Thanks

Oh and when I changed the buffer size to that it made it go at supersonic skipping speeds, lol
gunder

Postby gunder » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:39 am

raynebc wrote:

:3 This looks really sexy, can't wait for it. Just the scale looks a little tiny, would be even more awesome if you could zoom in like in audacity. But still this already looks very fine. :wink:
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:22 pm

Dabutz wrote:I noticed that programs like that do contribute to the problem sometimes but it happens even when I never open any other programs. How do I check what processes are running in the programs and do you have any advice on what I should do?
Thanks

Oh and when I changed the buffer size to that it made it go at supersonic skipping speeds, lol

In Windows, you can pull up the Task Manager with CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. You'll want to check the Performance tab (available physical memory) and the Processes tab (click the CPU column header to sort it and see which processes are using the processor the most. Also sort the Mem Usage column to check which ones are the most memory hungry). I can't guarantee that it will play smoothly, as 1GB is pretty low for any contemporary computer. If you wanted, you could right click on the eof.exe process in Task Manager, select Set Priority>Above Normal, it might make some difference. It wouldn't be recommended to increase the priority higher than that though.

gunder wrote::3 This looks really sexy, can't wait for it. Just the scale looks a little tiny, would be even more awesome if you could zoom in like in audacity. But still this already looks very fine. :wink:

When you zoom in on the chart, the graph will zoom in the same way Audacity does (the graph gets wider, not taller). A higher zoom level has also been added (1/1), in which case one pixel in the editor window has 1ms of width, time-wise. I've played around with some other graph representations, such as fitting the left and right channel graphs in the entire editor window's height, and am thinking about making various options for how the graph is displayed. How tall the graph appears also depends on the audio, as the highest point in the graph is going to depend on the highest amplitude across the entire song.

aander91 wrote:Requesting a volume slider for claps and metronome.

Getting the loudness logic to work was murder, but it's a-go for the next release:
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:53 pm

Fantastic work.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”