EOF 1.71 (Updated 11/29/2010)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 12 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
That Norwegian Noob
Dead Player

Re: EOF 1.59

Postby Dead Player » Mon May 11, 2009 2:52 am

In the next version of EOF (2.0 or 1.60), is it possible to edit the MIDI. file instead of exporting the chart to a EOF. file, so i can still edit the chart in other programs?

Anyways, EOF is a great charting tool! Keep up the good work! :biggrin:
Your mother does not count as a fan.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon May 11, 2009 8:51 am

Every time you save your work in EOF, it exports the chart in MIDI format as well (notes.mid). You can always edit this in another application. But you'll want to remember that every time you save in EOF, the MIDI is overwritten, so:
1. Don't edit the MIDI until you're done with the chart in EOF
2. Even if you believe you're done in EOF, copy the MIDI elsewhere so if you do edit it again in EOF, you don't accidentally lose your custom changes when EOF resaves the MIDI file.
ScHaloX

Postby ScHaloX » Wed May 13, 2009 5:32 pm

I've fretted over 30 songs in EOF and I've gotta say that it is amazing!
Thanks to NewCreature and all the beta-testers :2thumbsup:
Also happy birthday to NewCreature :smile:
Song thread | Mediafire | Youtube

Frets On Fire Fan Forums, we may take three years, but dammit, we will solve your problem!

coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Sat May 16, 2009 11:24 am

raynebc wrote:By design, the shortest note length is one. Are you saying that you found a way to make it with a length of zero, or are you saying that a SP phrase that ends on a note with a length of one doesn't get SP in FoF?
Latter.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sat May 16, 2009 11:54 am

coolguy567 wrote:
raynebc wrote:By design, the shortest note length is one. Are you saying that you found a way to make it with a length of zero, or are you saying that a SP phrase that ends on a note with a length of one doesn't get SP in FoF?
Latter.

I have confirmed this behavior.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Sat May 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Also happy birthday to NewCreature

Thanks!

If a SP marking ends on a note with 0 length, the last note doesn't get SP in-game. My guess is this is because the SP marking in the MIDI is supposed to go just beyond the "head" of the last note, whereas your markings go to the end of the tail of the last note. When this note has a tail, even if it's just 1px long, the marking goes beyond the head, so it works fine, but not when there's no tail.

Is the standard SP marking supposed to go to just the head of the last note? When I implemented SP phrases in EOF I thought the entire note had to be within the SP marker note but I quickly found FoFiX marking extra notes. If the SP marker is supposed to end at the "note on" of the last note in the phrase then I can fix it fairly easy. The current behavior is to make the end of the SP marker note a few pixels shy of the end of the tail of the last note. That's why the last note does not get marked when its length is 1. A workaround is to slightly lengthen the last note before adding the SP marker and shortening it after the phrase is marked.

I got a question is it posible to make a extended note match up with the end of another note. I can't seem to do it.

I thought about adding an "Align Tails" option. It might be useful but at the time I decided against it as I could align the tails using grid snap.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Mon May 18, 2009 2:39 pm

I always thought the standard SP marking required the SP marking to go just beyond the head of the note, because that's what the FeedBack tutorial on ScoreHero says.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon May 18, 2009 5:47 pm

NewCreature has recommended to me that the workaround is the ensure that the last note in a phrase has a length greater than 1 (the minimum). This causes the SP marker note to extend past the head of the note and should allow the phrase to work correctly in FoFiX. This seems to be a limitation in how FoF sees the phrase.
Italian Fretter
dante94

Postby dante94 » Tue May 19, 2009 8:56 am

I don't know if this is only a my problem but after I set the MIDI events in EOF they don't work on fofix... I see only the "Chorus", "Verses" and "Solos" events, while the other ones don't work :sad: (sorry for the english, i'm italian)
Italian Fretter
dante94

Postby dante94 » Tue May 19, 2009 10:35 am

Intro, Bridge, Interlude and Outro... I see that some songs fretted with feedback support them
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue May 19, 2009 1:29 pm

I'm very certain those are section markers (ie. the section name "Intro" scrolls across the top of the screen when that part of the chart is reached)? If so, you just have to define a MIDI text event (ie. "section Intro") on the beat marker that begins that section. I use section markers all the time, to mark choruses, versus, solos, etc.

If not, provide an example chart so we can find out what you're talking about.
Italian Fretter
dante94

Postby dante94 » Tue May 19, 2009 2:43 pm

but if I call the section just "Intro" and not "section Intro" there is any change? Yes, my problem is that the sections don't scroll across the top of the screen when that parts of the chart are reached
Italian Fretter
dante94

Postby dante94 » Wed May 20, 2009 6:52 am

ahh, now I understand... what a stupid error, thanks for the help :2thumbsup:

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”