EOF 1.71 (Updated 11/29/2010)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 12 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
~happy ice cream~
Kueller917

Re: EOF 1.59

Postby Kueller917 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:21 pm

NewCreature wrote:
Every time I open it, it will work fine for a few minutes, or even seconds, then it will freeze up, and a few times it's given my computer the blue screen. I've re-downloaded it from all the links, and it's never happened with any other version.

WTF is wrong?

Can you provide more details? What are you doing when it crashes? What steps do you take to produce the error?

Well, I'll explain the last time it happened.
I had just re-downloaded from the last link I could try (the mediafire). I turned it on and made a song. I started playing it so I could move the anchors and about 7 seconds after, it froze.

Now the time before that:
I downloaded the program from the website. I loaded up another song and was editing some drum fills with the new BRE tab. After about 2 minutes it froze, my computer screen got pixel streaks, flashed around 3 times, and got the blue screen.
Image Image
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:46 am

After about 2 minutes it froze, my computer screen got pixel streaks, flashed around 3 times, and got the blue screen.

If you are using a modern OS my program shouldn't be able to make all that happen. Unless you are using Win9x I would guess your RAM is corrupted.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
~happy ice cream~
Kueller917

Postby Kueller917 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:05 pm

Dunno since it never happens to any other program.
Whatever, I'll stick with EOF 1.5 for now. Maybe my computer won't give me this problem in the next, which seems like it's going to be good by the way.
Image Image
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:54 pm

BUMP!

Can't have this excellent thread on the third page can we?
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:04 pm

Hey, new creature.

Just tried EoF 1.59, I still had to edit the makefile in Linux, just a FYI, if you will.
coolguy567

Postby coolguy567 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:59 am

Small bug:

If a SP marking ends on a note with 0 length, the last note doesn't get SP in-game. My guess is this is because the SP marking in the MIDI is supposed to go just beyond the "head" of the last note, whereas your markings go to the end of the tail of the last note. When this note has a tail, even if it's just 1px long, the marking goes beyond the head, so it works fine, but not when there's no tail.

Spoiler:

OzzyOzrock wrote:
Electro Tomato wrote:
Sealclubber wrote:I believe the proper term for these notes are "EPIC NOTES" due to the fact that they are EPIC!!!!

Memes are so funny hahaha I'm splitting with laughter I can't control this laughter at this meme which uses a word incorrectly oh hahaha

:glare:

That was EPIC.

My songs. All made in EOF, beat-synced and note-synced, not very many missed notes.
Switchfoot - Meant to Live (now with drums)
Delirious? - Investigate (Live)
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:21 pm

By design, the shortest note length is one. Are you saying that you found a way to make it with a length of zero, or are you saying that a SP phrase that ends on a note with a length of one doesn't get SP in FoF?
Free Happy!
fofgh3

Postby fofgh3 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:14 pm

coolguy567 wrote:Small bug:

If a SP marking ends on a note with 0 length, the last note doesn't get SP in-game. My guess is this is because the SP marking in the MIDI is supposed to go just beyond the "head" of the last note, whereas your markings go to the end of the tail of the last note. When this note has a tail, even if it's just 1px long, the marking goes beyond the head, so it works fine, but not when there's no tail.

Was just about to report that one.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:17 pm

I got a question is it posible to make a extended note match up with the end of another note. I can't seem to do it.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:46 pm

You can increase the a note's tail until it runs up to the beginning of the next note, where it will be truncated to not meet or exceed the position of that next note. If you want to do otherwise (overlap notes), then you have to use the "crazy notes" feature, although this is one of the newer, more experimental features in FoF, and isn't recommended because it will probably cause problems for people playing your chart if they're not using the bleeding-edge of new versions of FoFiX. If that next note is grid snapped, then the previous note's tail can easily extend to that grid snap position, allowing it to end EXACTLY at the same time the next note starts. Do note this counts as overlapping because two notes exist at the exact same time in the chart.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:15 pm

I don't know why is this happening. I fretted a song in dB(You can find the song in my signature), then today I want to change the BPM because the current BPM is 120 which doesn't match the song's BPM. So, I change it via EoF(This one, the latest). And when I save it and open it up on FoFiX, the song doesn't load(at the song choosing screen). Any ideas why is this happening?
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:38 pm

FoF has lots of problems crashing during song loading, maybe it depends on the starting tempo or the tempo changes. A good half of the time I want to play anything in FoFiX, the game hangs on loading and I have to kill it and retry.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:40 pm

Since dB change the note position when we change the BPM, so I decided to change the BPM using EoF. And one more thing, I add the anchors at each BPM change. I don't know what is anchor, I just add it.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sat May 09, 2009 2:57 pm

How is the search for bugs going?
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”