EOF 1.71 (Updated 11/29/2010)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 12 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
NewCreature

Re: EOF 1.58

Postby NewCreature » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:46 am

If that's the problem, now may be the time to add comprehensive time signature support into EOF.

Added to future goals. Now that I have a song to test with I should be able to figure out how they work.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
wseyller

Re: EOF 1.57

Postby wseyller » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:28 am

Dudoronron wrote:And the 'Crazy Notes', or Extended Sustains as I like to call them, work about 1/3 of the time in-game. The other times, the game treats them as a regular sustain and cuts off at the next note, or just doesn't show it at all, just the notes the sustan should be held during.

I'm using 1.58

I noticed at couple things with the Extended Sustains (or aka Crazy Notes).

If you copy then paste a section of these notes then the sustain of the note gets removed on the new copy.

If you change the BPM then the sustains be remove.

Also which is probably what Dudoronron experienced:

I tested a song with lots of extended sustains that I made. Some of the notes where missing.
I looked at the mid in FL studio and saw some strange behavior. Hard to explain.
The issue happened when I had a extended sustained's tail end to close or right on top of another note on the same fret. I actually had to create a new file and start over because it couldn't be fixed for some reason as it still was messed up in FL studio or the game. In the new file create I made sure to make the tail ends stop 1/32 before the next note on the same fret and now it is fine.

Hope I didn't confuse anyone. I may see if i can create the problem again and then show one version with the problem and one version with no problem.
My Songs - Metallica, Hellyeah, Puddle of Mudd
All songs updated March 03, 2009 (major overhaul, so go redownload them again)
Failure Extrodinaire
Dudoronron

Postby Dudoronron » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:16 am

Thanks for the clarification, wseyller. I'll make a note to give this a go next time I try making Extended Sustains.

There are also a few things I encounted in EOF 1.57 and 1.58;

There seems to be a bug with the Test in FoF function. When you go to test;

Guitar (Amazing), it plays Guitar (SupaEasy).
Guitar (Medium), it plays Guitar (Easy).
Guitar (Easy), it plays Guitar (Medium).
Guitar (SupaEasy), it plays Guitar (Amazing).

Drum (all difficulties) you get an message saying "Error: No Notes!" even though there are notes.

Bass (Amazing), it plays Bass (SupaEasy).
Bass (Medium), it plays Bass (Easy).
Bass (Easy), it plays Bass (Medium).
Bass (SupaEasy), it plays Bass (Amazing).

The trouble I had with Shift-clicking in 1.57 seems to have been resolved after a quick test. I'll confirm this once I make another song.
wseyller

Postby wseyller » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:26 pm

Here is a demo of what I experienced with problems with extended sustains. Two of the same fretting done differently. One "With Problems" and one "Without Problems" Only 50 seconds of audio and charting for this.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lgt0m2axf3m

You will see a pattern repeated 9 times. Number 6,7,and 9 are have problems. I suggest opening the mid for this in FL Studio to see realistically what is happening. In EOF it looks ok.

What I suggest is a rule within the code: If a note is desinated as an extended sustain then it cannot pass through the following note on the same fret.

Also I had an instance where I could not use an extended sustain without causing a big issue.

Notes involved for example: Two Note Chord "A", Single Note "B", and Two Note chord "C"

This is what I hope for:

Code: Select all

A-------------C-------------
A---------B---C-------------

But this is what I had to do to stay away from an issue.

A---------    C-------------

If you make Chord "A" and extended sustain then let Chord "A" extend to all the way up to Chord "C" then then the lower note of Chord "A" extends and passes through Note "B" which will cause a problem.

Only way I can have this is if: I can control the amount of sustain used for each note in a chord. If this were possible I could make the upper note in Chord "A" extend to the upper note in Chord "C". Then I could make the lower note in Chord "A" extend only to Note "B".

or

Similiar to using the rule above not to allow running through the following note on the same fret: when using extended sustain chords and when scrolling to increase the tails, make any one of the tails stop if it runs into a note but allow other frets within the chord to continue extending until it runs into another note on the same fret.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:33 am

wseyller wrote:Here is a demo of what I experienced with problems with extended sustains. Two of the same fretting done differently. One "With Problems" and one "Without Problems" Only 50 seconds of audio and charting for this.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lgt0m2axf3m

You will see a pattern repeated 9 times. Number 6,7,and 9 are have problems. I suggest opening the mid for this in FL Studio to see realistically what is happening. In EOF it looks ok.

What I suggest is a rule within the code: If a note is desinated as an extended sustain then it cannot pass through the following note on the same fret.

Also I had an instance where I could not use an extended sustain without causing a big issue.

Notes involved for example: Two Note Chord "A", Single Note "B", and Two Note chord "C"

This is what I hope for:

A-------------C-------------

But this is what I had to do to stay away from an issue.

A---------    C-------------

If you make Chord "A" and extended sustain then let Chord "A" extend to all the way up to Chord "C" then then the lower note of Chord "A" extends and passes through Note "B" which will cause a problem.

Only way I can have this is if: I can control the amount of sustain used for each note in a chord. If this were possible I could make the upper note in Chord "A" extend to the upper note in Chord "C". Then I could make the lower note in Chord "A" extend only to Note "B".

or

Similiar to using the rule above not to allow running through the following note on the same fret: when using extended sustain chords and when scrolling to increase the tails, make any one of the tails stop if it runs into a note but allow other frets within the chord to continue extending until it runs into another note on the same fret.

The way i see it is that when you are using any version of FOF the first note cuts out then the next note plays. the way you have it won't be supported yet. you can hold a lower note than play a higher note. what also could be done is holding a chord then playing a note seperatly. The first note though has to be toggled on crazy or it wont work.

Now i got two problems:

How do you turn off the thing were it keeps overwrite what you typed when you want to add somthing.

And how do open the linux version of EOF. I'm trying to figure it out but i don't know how
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

wseyller

Postby wseyller » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:05 pm

amak11:

I think everyone know by now that FOF doesn't support it. It works but, except for the visual effects. That none of that has anything to do with my post.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:05 pm

wseyller wrote:amak11:

I think everyone know by now that FOF doesn't support it. It works but, except for the visual effects. That none of that has anything to do with my post.

No i'm not reapeating myself it's just you can't run note A into B because it won't work, on a real guiter yes . Not even Neversoft charts extended sustains like that.
the code you suggest would require a double sustain were it would select one or two notes of a chord and extend it past a another note.
It's not a stupid idea i just put it into Laymen’s terms
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:12 pm

amak11 wrote:

No i'm not reapeating myself it's just you can't run note A into B because it won't work, on a real guiter yes . Not even Neversoft charts extended sustains like that.
the code you suggest would require a double sustain were it would select one or two notes of a chord and extend it past a another note.

Are you saying it won't work on a real guitar? Or are you saying "on a real guitar, yes (yes, it will work)" or are you saying "on a real guitar, yes (not even on a real guitar)".

It would work on a real guitar.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:26 pm

I should have worded it better. but yah that's what i was saying that it would work on real guitar

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:29 pm

amak11 wrote:I should have worded it better. but yah that's what i was saying that it would work on real guitar

K, lol. :2thumbsup:

Anywho, EoF is coming on amazingly. Can't wait until the vocals thing!
wseyller

Postby wseyller » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:13 pm

Nathaniel607 wrote:
amak11 wrote:

Are you saying it won't work on a real guitar? Or are you saying "on a real guitar, yes (yes, it will work)" or are you saying "on a real guitar, yes (not even on a real guitar)".

It would work on a real guitar.

Ok. Note A is not overlapping note B in EOF when I chart it. But in FL Studio it shows something different. This is what I am trying to say.

EOF is showing one thing and FL Studio is showing something totally different. Got it! I never wanted or tried to overlap sustains on the same fret.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:46 pm

[quote="wseyller]

Ok. Note A is not overlapping note B in EOF when I chart it. But in FL Studio it shows something different. This is what I am trying to say.

EOF is showing one thing and FL Studio is showing something totally different. Got it! I never wanted or tried to overlap sustains on the same fret.[/quote]

Oh :confused:

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

yakuzashunter

Postby yakuzashunter » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:29 am

I'm using version 1.58 and seem to get multiple results on song playback.

In depth explanation: I was trying to fret "Everyday is Exactly the Same" by Nine Inch Nails. When playing a song it skips small bits here and there, also the note placement tends to be difficult as the playback differs. When playing from the front if the song it differs by a full measure.

This makes it quite difficult to make the songs accurate.

Anyway to fix this?

Also, I've tried raising the buffer from 4096 to 8192 (Double) and I've tried disab;ing Vsync.

After switching to the program's mouse, it tended to crash after starting playback on any song (With or without frets).
:angry:
funnyfrets117

Postby funnyfrets117 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:36 pm

i am having similar cursor issues to what coolguy567 had but instead, when VSync is on it dissappears and flickers if VSync is disabled...helppp!!!
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:39 pm

yakuzashunter wrote:When playing a song it skips small bits here and there, also the note placement tends to be difficult as the playback differs..

Is the chart skipping or the audio skipping?

funnyfrets117 wrote:i am having similar cursor issues to what coolguy567 had but instead, when VSync is on it dissappears and flickers if VSync is disabled...helppp!!!

Does the cursor flicker during playback or all the time?

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”