EOF 1.71 (Updated 11/29/2010)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 12 years and 5 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: EOF 1.55

Postby raynebc » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:45 am

By design, the Note menu is always grayed out unless at least one note is selected. As for the clapping at the edge of the note, you need to adjust your AV delay. Doing so won't desync your chart, it will just allow the notes to render with more accurate timing.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:51 am

The "-desktop" fixed it.

If it works with "-desktop" it should work with "Force 8-Bit Color" disabled. Actually, now that I look at the code "-desktop" was removed from 1.55 due to it now being an option on the Display Setting dialog. I know Vista has trouble with paletted video modes sometimes (at least on the computer I tried it on) so disabling 8-bit should fix any color issues.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
I AM THE CATFISH MAN
Nathaniel607

Postby Nathaniel607 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:07 pm

Nice release!

BTW, why aren't the crazy notes in the changelog?
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:09 pm

I forgot to write that in. I did that change on a different day. I noticed it after I had already uploaded everything and fixed it in the change log in the first post.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:12 pm

Apparently you forgot to remove it or something because I'm using 1.55. As soon as I used "-desktop" and ran it, it work perfectly. It dind't even disable Aero!
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:17 pm

As soon as I used "-desktop" and ran it, it work perfectly. It dind't even disable Aero!

If you disabled the "Force 8-Bit Color" option, that option is remembered the next time you run EOF. If the config file says that "Force 8-Bit Color" is off, EOF starts as if the "-desktop" parameter was issued. Try running without "-desktop" now and see if it still works.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:07 pm

Where is "Force 8-bit mode"? I looked in settings and didn't see it. Either way, it's working perfectly fine now so I don't really care much.
DISCLAIMER: The above text should be consumed at your own risk. If you happen to take it seriously, you are an idiot.
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:56 am

owut. I have version 1.51...

I thought I downloaded latest?! Well, is there much added that would make me want to update?
Rapt0r

Postby Rapt0r » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:31 pm

Heh, good idea :P
SketchMan3

Postby SketchMan3 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:58 pm

:2thumbsup:
Good stuff.

I just wanted to make a suggestion. Would it be possible to create more contrast between the color of the notes that are "selected and unselected iin the 3d preview window? It's a bit hard to see the notes when there is a sequence of fast notes. Especially the yellow one.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:44 am

I got a question is there a problem with eof and Nvidia graphics cards. I had the problem with the editing board twitching when it moved. I disabled vsync and it seems to be working but on older versions i had no issuses (If you don't know what i mean it's the main board you edit on, not the preview). I'm wondering if something happened to change how the program renders. If I had no issues before, there might be something wrong with the program. You told me that you didn't change anything. could you just check over your code at least once for a bug. EOF is easier than feedback and i can get high quaility charts out of it. It would be appreciated
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:45 pm

I'm wondering if something happened to change how the program renders

I changed the default renderer to work in the same color depth as the desktop in the newest version. If you want it to work like before go to "File->Display" and enable the "Force 8-Bit Color" option.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”