Single Track Miss, unwanted audio dropouts, high buffer size

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 15 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Hancoque

Single Track Miss, unwanted audio dropouts, high buffer size

Postby Hancoque » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:19 pm

I'm using FoFiX 3.0.35 Beta 2 and have some questions:

1. What does the audio option "Single Track Miss" do?

2. Sometimes the guitar sound drops out although I didn't miss a note. I guess it has something to do with notes that have only been barely hit. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? I don't remember Guitar Hero III behaving that way.

3. The original FoF allows me to use an audio buffer size of 1024 samples without causing pops or clicks, but FoFiX even has problems with a buffer size of 2048 samples. I'm using Windows Vista 32-Bit and I don't experience any issues with other software, including low latency DAW software using ASIO or WASAPI (buffer sizes of 256 samples work flawlessly).
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Re: Single Track Miss, unwanted audio dropouts, high buffer size

Postby acrox999 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:29 pm

Set it to 0 to completely mute.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:22 am

Hancoque wrote:1. What does the audio option "Single Track Miss" do?

In songs that only have a "song.ogg" and no other parts ("drums.ogg", "guitar.ogg", etc) you might want the mute volume to be different than for the multi part ones so you can still hear it.
Hancoque wrote:2. Sometimes the guitar sound drops out although I didn't miss a note. I guess it has something to do with notes that have only been barely hit. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? I don't remember Guitar Hero III behaving that way.

I have the same issue, but I don't know how to fix it...
Hancoque wrote:3. The original FoF allows me to use an audio buffer size of 1024 samples without causing pops or clicks, but FoFiX even has problems with a buffer size of 2048 samples. I'm using Windows Vista 32-Bit and I don't experience any issues with other software, including low latency DAW software using ASIO or WASAPI (buffer sizes of 256 samples work flawlessly).

I had this issue on XP but not Vista. I thought it was just me because I couldn't find proper drivers for my sound card. As with you though, everything else worked fine. You could possibly try and find better sound drivers and see if that helps. Other than that, I don't know.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:29 am

Hancoque wrote:I'm using FoFiX 3.0.35 Beta 2 and have some questions:

1. What does the audio option "Single Track Miss" do?

2. Sometimes the guitar sound drops out although I didn't miss a note. I guess it has something to do with notes that have only been barely hit. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? I don't remember Guitar Hero III behaving that way.

3. The original FoF allows me to use an audio buffer size of 1024 samples without causing pops or clicks, but FoFiX even has problems with a buffer size of 2048 samples. I'm using Windows Vista 32-Bit and I don't experience any issues with other software, including low latency DAW software using ASIO or WASAPI (buffer sizes of 256 samples work flawlessly).

1. It's for guitar.ogg only.

2. It's the Mute... I don't remember. Turn off Mute Last Second and Turn off any other Mute...

3. NOTHING...

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”