Rock Band 2 Theme - Real game graphics

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 8 years and 3 days old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The Kitchen Sink

Postby The Kitchen Sink » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:45 am

Dillusional wrote:Unfortunately this doesn't help "himself" ... which is ultimately what people want.. screw everybody else... They only person who should be thinking of "ME" is the person originally uploading it... people just want what's convienent for themselves... selfish world we live in...

I say f*ck them... if they dont like what they get... deal with it... i'm so sick of the complainer's and whiners on these boards... always asking the same damn stupid questions which if they took the time to read maybe 1 page back they'd see 3 other people askin the same things, gettin the same responces... it's almost as if asking the same pointless questions will get something acccomplished....

ARG!

Sorry i'm venting... it's just i'm sick of coming on these boards and reading the same things, when all I want to find are worth while updates and information being related... Not noob complaints about where things are uploaded, where's my free songs... why are there not RB2 links, you lazy people not ripping it! GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!

*sigh*.... sry... we need some noob cleansing going on... where's the Hitler of these boards... fire up the gas chambers.. throw them in!

Yes, this wouldn't help me. Which is, indeed, ultimately what I want.

What's your point? How is that screwing anybody else? By getting a file? Obviously if the person is making an installer and uploading that, they're being altruistic, not selfish. Why would such a person be the only one thinking of "ME?"

The problem about "not liking what they get' was that in this case, for that time being, I didn't get *anything.* I'm supposed to just say, "Link didn't work, so I'll just stare at the failed download and smile at it!"?

It was hardly a complaint or whine to suggest that the file be hosted on an alternate server.

I might add that something did get accomplished via asking "the same pointless question." Two different packs were uploaded by others to MediaFire after my inquiry.

I also never asked about any songs, if that's referring to me.

Bottom line is, if people are altruistic enough to share a download with others, it wouldn't be a stretch to think that if the file isn't working that that might want to be rectified.

Also, Godwin's Law.
Dillusional

Postby Dillusional » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:55 am

There were already 2 different download options available to you... I find it hard to believe that both did not work for you... As i've tried again, and both downloaded fine for me just now... From both sites... But i'm glad to see you got what you wanted... I'm ending this... I'm going to try and stay on topic...
Last edited by Dillusional on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
A wise man once said:
Life is hard.
It's even harder when you're dumb.
COBHATECREW419
Super_Crazy_Dude

Postby Super_Crazy_Dude » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:53 am

So yeah Wounder what the next update is going to have???

something im looking forward to
CHILDREN OF BODOM!!!!!!! OWNS!!!!!!
roliwood73

Postby roliwood73 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:19 am

Made a mirror for Rock Band 2 Theme 1.3 for Frets on Fire MFH Mod v3.005 on Rapidshare.com (for those who like it)

Rock Band 2 Theme 1.3 splitted WinRAR archive (Rapidshare) - part1
[url=http://rapidshare.com/files/150183335/Rock_Band_2_Theme_1.3.part2.rar]
Rock Band 2 Theme 1.3 splitted WinRAR archive (Rapidshare) - part2[/url]
COBHATECREW419
Super_Crazy_Dude

Postby Super_Crazy_Dude » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:15 pm

roliwood73 wrote:Made a mirror for Rock Band 2 Theme 1.3 for Frets on Fire MFH Mod v3.005 on Rapidshare.com (for those who like it)

dude nobody likes rapidshare
CHILDREN OF BODOM!!!!!!! OWNS!!!!!!
ugo247548

Postby ugo247548 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:06 am

The Kitchen Sink, there are 5 links for Theme 1.3 archives (not an installer) in the first post, hosted on 3 different filehosts (RapidShare, MegaUPload, MediaFire).
You still can't download? Sorry, can't help you out then.

Super_Crazy_Dude, the next update will probably have Ds~'s Loading Screen and some other stuff.

roliwood73, thanks for the mirror. Added it to the first post.

Everyone, check out new fixed version of .liquid.'s partial grey stars with glow (links in the first post).
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:18 am

ugo247548 wrote:Everyone, check out new fixed version of .liquid.'s partial grey stars with glow (links in the first post).

the link doesn't work...
Mediafire tells me
This file is currently set to private. If this problem persists or you need further assistance, contact support.
0.o
.liquid.

Postby .liquid. » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:46 am

Sorry, the link has been fixed...

Edit: They were done fairly quick in Gimp... At full view you can see a touch-up could be an idea... But rendered in game I can't tell at all...

EDIT2: Here's the new download link for my final version... Decided to go in and touch them all up a bit... Enjoy New final version

Please note these images below are scaled down and re-compressed into GIF format. The original Png's look much better...
Image Image Image

:)
Last edited by .liquid. on Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dillusional

Postby Dillusional » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:59 am

Super_Crazy_Dude wrote:
roliwood73 wrote:Made a mirror for Rock Band 2 Theme 1.3 for Frets on Fire MFH Mod v3.005 on Rapidshare.com (for those who like it)

dude nobody likes rapidshare

Interesting little tidbit I found about rapidshare...

Here is a neat little story about a German court ruling about rapidshare needing to do more screening for copyright enfringements.

Sounds like the future of Rapidshare might be up in the air.
Last edited by Dillusional on Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
A wise man once said:

Life is hard.

It's even harder when you're dumb.
daniel192

Postby daniel192 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:51 pm

When I go to the mod, only the font changes. Help. What am I doing wrong?
European Hero - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36597
Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar Thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35745&p=376193#p376193
Mass Effect FTW :)
BlackFate

Postby BlackFate » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:27 pm

daniel192 wrote:When I go to the mod, only the font changes. Help. What am I doing wrong?

Read what he said in his post,

Mike.
Songs Finished: 82,
Metallica - Papa Roach - Disturbed - Bloodhound Gang
figilswif

Postby figilswif » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:06 am

Hi everyone, I have a couple questions and a suggestion for the Rock Band 2 theme, or overall FoF, whichever it applies to. My questions are about the drums,

I have the xbox 360 drum set, and when I'm playing the drums and HOLD DOWN on the bass pedal it will register that I am hitting ALL the base drum notes, as long as I am tapping on a drum PAD when I go over the bass note. I am wondering why this is, and if there is a way to fix it, would be REALLY helpful not to have to hold my foot off the pedal while playing.

One suggestion I have is about the graphic of when pressing a base pedal note. Currently it lights up all of the notes, the red,yellow,blue, and green in one flash. I would love to see something more similiar to the actual rockband game and have it just bump the screen. Or at least do something different like Just light up the bar because I find it really hard to see a note you're trying to hit at the same time as hitting the base pedal.

The other question/suggestion is about the energy/overdrive notes. I've noticed that sometimes even if you don't hit all the white notes in order properly it will still go into overdrive, or give you energy. I'm wondering how to fix this.

Another suggestion I have would be to add in the random hit sequences that are in the real rock band. You know, the ones that when you get full energy or whatever, you get to hit whatever you want and then it goes into overdrive. Maybe there's a way to turn this on currently I dunno...but thought it would be nice to have in there.

Well, sorry this is so long, but thank you and if some one knows the answers to these questions that would be great! Everything else about the mod I love! Thank you!

Keep up the great work, Figilswif
Last edited by figilswif on Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
andrew_t29

Postby andrew_t29 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:56 pm

Using MFH 3.011 on Mac OSX Leopard, I tried to load up some songs using the RB2 theme. It gets to the loading screen and then hangs there forever. With a force quit I was able to get out. I looked at the console and it said:

IO Error: cannot read interlaced PNG files

I guess if there was a "Batch De Interlace PNG File-lator" anyways, any help?

EDIT: To clarify, I tried on both 3.005 and 3.011. Nice looking theme, though.
Last edited by andrew_t29 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arnham

Postby arnham » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:30 pm

andrew_t29 wrote:Using MFH 3.011 on Mac OSX Leopard, I tried to load up some songs using the RB2 theme. It gets to the loading screen and then hangs there forever. With a force quit I was able to get out. I looked at the console and it said:

IO Error: cannot read interlaced PNG files

I guess if there was a "Batch De Interlace PNG File-lator" anyways, any help?

EDIT: To clarify, I tried on both 3.005 and 3.011. Nice looking theme, though.

I have this exact same problem, except I'm using windows vista and mfh 3.005
Last edited by arnham on Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arnham

Postby arnham » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:54 pm

I've fixed my issue - I used irfanview to simply batch convert the PNG files. You won't notice an interlace/no interlace option because irfanview won't save interlaced PNGs (will still open them, however).

My source for the mod was the official upload on megaupload. So I'm guessing some interlaced PNG's were uploaded by accident?

Not sure if interlaced PNG's can work, but they certainly didn't for me.
Last edited by arnham on Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”