MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030) (OLD)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
space warrior
akedrou

Re: MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030)

Postby akedrou » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:30 pm

WildSioux wrote:How to fix music cutting off when hitting notes? Beta 4 and RC1???

When? How? If we can reproduce it we are more likely to be able to fix it.
FoFiX dev | Troublemaker | Malcontent
Rock Star
MasterPhW

Postby MasterPhW » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:58 pm

akedrou wrote:
WildSioux wrote:How to fix music cutting off when hitting notes? Beta 4 and RC1???

When? How? If we can reproduce it we are more likely to be able to fix it.

Afaik, it isn't in the newest alpha.
My Rigs:

Spoiler:Main: Intel Core i7-860 (@3.33Ghz) | 4 GB DDR3-1333 | ATI HD5750 PCI-E | ATI High Definition Audio Device |
4 TB Internal SATA2 + 6TB external USB3 | Windows 7 Business X64 MSDNAA
Old One: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2x2.5Ghz; S939) | MSI KbT Neo2-F V2.0 | 2x1GB Corsair Value VS1GBKIT400 | Radeon HD 3850 512 MB/AGP8x | Creative SB Audigy LS | 2TB (4x500GB SATA2 HDDs Raid0) | Windows 7 Business X64 MSDNAA

*running FoFiX 4.x newest alpha git on python 2.6 build environment, 2 Les Paul PS3 Guitar Hero III Controller & 1 Complete Rockstar Set*
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:13 pm

Notes cutting off = killswitch.

Notes cutting off every hit while whammy is at rest => you have the wrong type of analog input selected.

Simple solution = Turn your "Kill Volume" to 10/10 (or figure out which type of analog controller to select).
fablaculp

Postby fablaculp » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:40 am

akedrou wrote:
fablaculp wrote:
akedrou wrote:OK. I tried to fix it - let me know how it goes for you.

Thank you it works like a charm !
By the way, what was exactly the problem ? And have you an idea for using my french translation without crash ?

Well, there were two problems - the first was that it was only defaulting on None (NoneType), but because of how the config get works, it was receiving "None" (String). That probably caused a problem related to default encoding mechanisms, as for some reason it's coming up with Unicode errors trying to translate strings that are alphanumeric... Anyway, the second problem (the one that caused your translation to crash) is the fact that people had run variables through the translator - _(blah) - which is bad to begin with, and even better these [blah]s were empty strings "", so the translator decided to return all of the translation file's metadata. Exciting! Though, I have no idea why it only affected your translation... That, text fitting, and song sorting should be fixed in r1048.

Now I'm playing FoF in French!

Thanks again !! It works ! I can now start to clean up my translation.
Btw, has the translation problem concerning the parts names (bass, guitar...) and difficulties been solved ?
Using last SVN revision with the last french translation...
shexbeer

Postby shexbeer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:21 am

Iam using the RC1 on MacOSX 10.5 and every time i restart a song the game crashes with no readable errors.
Also when i try to change the "Song Slow Down" (the practice mode uses this setting i think) the game crashes and when i start it again it came up with the right setting and works but when i change it back to 1.0x speed the game crashes again, also the Menu Sounds and Effects are "slower" when i change the "Slow Down setting" think that shouldn't happen

Edit: When I fail a song, and i retry the song, the "RockOrNotRock" Bar (omg ^^ i hope you know what i mean) on the left side goes down super quick, the fretboard doesnt do anything in that time, and so the retry every time results in a Failing within 2 secs where i cant do anything (so i would say the Retry Option is totaly broken at the moment)
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:20 am

shexbeer wrote:Iam using the RC1 on MacOSX 10.5 and every time i restart a song the game crashes with no readable errors.
Also when i try to change the "Song Slow Down" (the practice mode uses this setting i think) the game crashes and when i start it again it came up with the right setting and works but when i change it back to 1.0x speed the game crashes again,
That's a bit odd, could you provide us with the log (I have no idea where it is on mac, sorry :sad: ). In any case I can't recall this being reported before.
shexbeer wrote:also the Menu Sounds and Effects are "slower" when i change the "Slow Down setting" think that shouldn't happen
The effects slowdown is a side effect of the whole slowdown songs. Hopefully we'll have the slowdown work for the song track only in the future (I don't think that there's any intention to keep any other effects slowed down).

shexbeer wrote:Edit: When I fail a song, and i retry the song, the "RockOrNotRock" Bar (omg ^^ i hope you know what i mean) on the left side goes down super quick, the fretboard doesnt do anything in that time, and so the retry every time results in a Failing within 2 secs where i cant do anything (so i would say the Retry Option is totaly broken at the moment)
That's the fretboard freeze-bug, it's already taken care of in newer revisions, thanks for noticing that though. :)

Short: the crash is the only new thing.
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
shexbeer

Postby shexbeer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:09 am

Ok checked again, the restart "bug" i would say now because the game dont crash.
Ok let me describe me in detail what happens when i do restart:
- Music stops und restarts correctly
- Game react normal on an any Input (buttons on fretsboard bellow glowing when i press the button, or also the GameMenu (with ESC) works correctly, even the Resume)
- Fretboard freezes at the point i wanted to do a restart and nothing else happens than

Music plays normaly, Fretboard do nothing, only freezing. I hope you understood whats the problem.
I look over the hole time for any "output" so that i can give you some LogLines what happend here but i didnt find anything helpfull.
I try to put on all Debuglogs (ingame) but i dont know to what file their going to. Found nothing inside the FretsOnFire Folder and also nothing in /var/log/

Btw: Why are the FPS Stats of the Game are logged inside the /var/log/system.log O.o is their any reason for it? Especially every second i think >_> But no other Debugline 4 fretsonfire can be found their
Last edited by shexbeer on Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
fasteddy

Postby fasteddy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:10 am

I started a new thread here detailing a problem starting the latest MFH. Perhaps I should've put it here, instead. In any case, it seems pygame is throwing up errors regarding the mixer. I know 3.020 worked on this machine (unfortunately, it's since been removed), but neither 3.030 nor 3.100RC1 seem to be working. Any ideas?
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:06 am

shexbeer wrote:Ok checked again, the restart "bug" i would say now because the game dont crash.
Ok let me describe me in detail what happens when i do restart:
- Music stops und restarts correctly
- Game react normal on an any Input (buttons on fretsboard bellow glowing when i press the button, or also the GameMenu (with ESC) works correctly, even the Resume)
- Fretboard freezes at the point i wanted to do a restart and nothing else happens than

Music plays normaly, Fretboard do nothing, only freezing. I hope you understood whats the problem.
I look over the hole time for any "output" so that i can give you some LogLines what happend here but i didnt find anything helpfull.
I try to put on all Debuglogs (ingame) but i dont know to what file their going to. Found nothing inside the FretsOnFire Folder and also nothing in /var/log/

That's the fretboard freeze bug and it's already fixed in newer revisions and will be fixed in RC2/Final. There's no need to bring it up again, or explain that. The thing that I that I thought was new was the restart/crash bug you experienced when choosing slowdown.
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
shexbeer

Postby shexbeer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:13 am

Ok then i misunderstood you ^^ Sorry thought the thing with the fretboard was new ... So ok the Slow Down Freeze is really a freeze but with no output or logfiles or something its hard to show you where the "bug is sitting" ;/
Anyone can tell me where the Debug Logs go to?
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:18 am

Look for a file called fretsonfire.log, on linux it's located in ~/.fretsonfire/fretsonfire.log (~ is a shortcut to your home folder), I think that mac works in a similar way. It seems like some files are saved in the game directories (the ini file for example), however I've allways had my config/log/songs in my ~/.fretsonfire directory.

Try to point your file manager to ~/.fretsonfire if it exists.

(Just checked with MarvinPA and it seems like that's the correct path on macs as well).
WildSioux

Postby WildSioux » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:24 am

myfingershurt wrote:Notes cutting off = killswitch.

Notes cutting off every hit while whammy is at rest => you have the wrong type of analog input selected.

Simple solution = Turn your "Kill Volume" to 10/10 (or figure out which type of analog controller to select).

Thanks myfingershurt...

I had forgot that when I downloaded beta 4 for linux that it had the analog input option. I set it to XBOX since I am using the redoctane xplorer xbox guitars. It was driving me nuts and I had no idea of what was going on. RC1 did the same thing.

So, it was my mistake. I set it to either "Off" or "XBOX inv" and the notes play normally. I can't tell a difference between the two options. I then set my killswitch volume to 7 and, although it doesn't sound like the real game. It does sound pretty good considering the implementation of the killswitch hasn't been perfected.

Thank you again for the simple fix!
linuxmint 7 (Jaunty 9.04), KDE 4.2.3, 32-bit with python2.6 installed running FoFiX-SVN. P4-2.4Ghz, 1gig ram, BFG Nvidia 8400 GS (512mb) - beta driver 185.18.14, 2x X-ploder guitars.
etz

Postby etz » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:42 am

fablaculp, could you please upload the fixed library.zip instead of just language.py? as I said, I can't compile it, don't even know a thing about it at all...
wwebigman

Postby wwebigman » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:04 pm

this might have already been said but on 3.100 rc1 when you fali a song then select retry or restart whatever it is on the pause screen, when the song restarts it jumps to where you failed at and the rock meter runs all the way down.
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:13 pm

wwebigman wrote:this might have already been said but on 3.100 rc1 when you fali a song then select retry or restart whatever it is on the pause screen, when the song restarts it jumps to where you failed at and the rock meter runs all the way down.

Indeed at has already been said and fixed.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”