MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030) (OLD)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
That one guy
ghfan

Re: MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030)

Postby ghfan » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:20 pm

I noticed something (sorry if this has been reported before)

On all RB based themes, the game is TONS more crash prone/infinite loading screen prone. I recently switched from the RB2 theme (which crashed on song loading screen about 50% of the time) to the GHWT theme, and now the game hasn't crashed once since then.

Just something peculiar I noticed...
mrhoeivo

Postby mrhoeivo » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:55 pm

Lysdestic wrote:@Hoeivo, Hopefully I'll have a tutorial up this week, with a startup script and everything. :)

Cool, that would be great. Thanks.

@ghfan, I experience the same issue with the RB2 theme. I remember someone saying that the issue had to do with interlaced PNG's, but I can't remember the specifics.
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:05 pm

ghfan wrote:I noticed something (sorry if this has been reported before)

On all RB based themes, the game is TONS more crash prone/infinite loading screen prone. I recently switched from the RB2 theme (which crashed on song loading screen about 50% of the time) to the GHWT theme, and now the game hasn't crashed once since then.

If I recall correctly, that had something to do with K.i.D using interlace PNG's. Someone posted an updated stage pack in the RB2 theme thread that took care of that.
mrhoeivo

Postby mrhoeivo » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:14 pm

Lysdestic wrote:
ghfan wrote:I noticed something (sorry if this has been reported before)

If I recall correctly, that had something to do with K.i.D using interlace PNG's. Someone posted an updated stage pack in the RB2 theme thread that took care of that.

Oh, well I use animated stages and I have this problem.
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:17 pm

To be honest, I said screw it, and went with a blank stage. Sure, it's blank. But it helps you focus more. xD
COBHATECREW419
Super_Crazy_Dude

Postby Super_Crazy_Dude » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:11 pm

lo same here
CHILDREN OF BODOM!!!!!!! OWNS!!!!!!
space warrior
akedrou

Postby akedrou » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:30 pm

blazingamer wrote:Why does everybody blame animated hitflames for everything?

Just FYI, when I said hitflames I was suggesting it might have been the addition of the hitflames by MFH in the BREs in revision 929, as that was the most recent change affecting BREs graphically that I was aware of. Totally an arbitrary guess as I did absolutely no research into the matter. I often throw those out as I use it to start a dialog - "no, it wasn't that because..." - but I've found my guesses tend to be treated as statements of fact in this forum.

Sorry if anyone who interacts with me in a debugging manner feels I am blaming them for the bug. I promise I'm not! Blame the LSATs. Or my mom.
slantyr wrote:with revision 938 stumpo's new in game star fill doesn't display, and the results screen doesn't work properly in gh themes

What doesn't work properly? You have to be more specific. The only thing I can think of is that your theme.ini scales the stars as if they were text. result_star now can have 4 values = x, y, scale (as an image), and spacing. r941 fixes a problem where non-perfect stars did not space with theme.ini.

...probably don't blame my mom. She's pretty cool.
FoFiX dev | Troublemaker | Malcontent
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:46 pm

hannon wrote:when at song selection screen and whammy bar is pressed is makes the "browsing collection" screen pop up for a split second, i took a video, just am waiting

ok heres the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyvpPM2SFRI

It's doing that because it's sorting the songs differently (whammy = change sort mode) and when it re-sorts the list, it shows the loading screen. TBH I'm jealous that yours only shows up for a split second (but that's my own fault for having so many songs :tongue: )
kawaii_kumiko69 wrote:I haven't downloaded it yet, but just make sure that drum fills appear ONLY AFTER two overdrive phrases on drums.
Actually the other day I was playing a rock band song on drums, and on the first overdrive phrase there was two notes at once which i didn't hit at exactly the same time causing me to gain double star power (known bug), and I got a drum fill before the next overdrive phrase. It really surprised me...
...and no, I don't remember which song it was.
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:50 pm

blazingamer wrote:Why does everybody blame animated hitflames for everything?

Oh I didn't FC that song, it must have been the animated hitflames!
Oh, my FOF crashed on the songchooser, it must have been animated hitflames!

Come on, I didn't screw up that badly, it's worked since I implemented them!

i vagly remember reading something about adding the animated hitflames to the bre's for gh themes

i just guessed that file being missing might cause a problem with the new logic that i haven't had a chance to fool with yet. plus i like my current hitflames and don't want to make an animated set.

@akedrou, the yellow circle thats supposed to wrap around the ingame stars doesn't display (it was working in prev. revs) yes i have the theme.ini settings unless they changed

the game results screen isn't getting past the initial results until you get to the point where the scores scroll up the screen.

i wasn't complaining, just explaining (sorry for the amount of detail, i had to scoot out the door for work)

edit: rev 941 doesn't display stars on the resuts screen in addition to the above and before mentioned bugs.

edit2: @ worldrave, you insinuate i don't know what i'm talking about, what's your problem with me?

P.S.you still haven't taken down the incorrect information in the wiki.
Last edited by slantyr on Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:56 pm

Lysdestic wrote:If I recall correctly, that had something to do with K.i.D using interlace PNG's. Someone posted an updated stage pack in the RB2 theme thread that took care of that.
Just for the record, it wasn't K.I.D who did that, they were like that long before he took over. And I think ugo just took them from someone else, so it wasn't his fault, either.
Not trying to put you down or anything, just clearing things up so people don't get blamed for the wrong things
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:31 pm

death_au wrote:
Lysdestic wrote:If I recall correctly, that had something to do with K.i.D using interlace PNG's. Someone posted an updated stage pack in the RB2 theme thread that took care of that.
Just for the record, it wasn't K.I.D who did that, they were like that long before he took over. And I think ugo just took them from someone else, so it wasn't his fault, either.
Not trying to put you down or anything, just clearing things up so people don't get blamed for the wrong things

Sorry about that, didn't mean to sound as if I was pointing blame, the interlaced png's weren't bothering me, so it was a non-issue for me.
space warrior
akedrou

Postby akedrou » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:27 pm

slantyr wrote:the game results screen isn't getting past the initial results until you get to the point where the scores scroll up the screen.

What do you mean? I guess I'm not clear on what the problem is.

As for the stars, they should work. Try changing your ini to "results_star = .5, .5, .5, .5"?

And the continuous fill-up is fixed in r942.
FoFiX dev | Troublemaker | Malcontent
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:50 pm

i haven't added any theme.ini settings for my results screen

is that going to be necessary now?

changing to the .5 settings worked
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:37 pm

If you already customized stuff, you will. Some things on mine i need to re-position, and of course the newly added stuff i need to make positions for. I already updated the wiki last night in case you need help. Most all the items also have color control now as well, major bonus!!

---- EDIT ----

slantyr wrote:edit2: @ worldrave, you insinuate i don't know what i'm talking about, what's your problem with me?

P.S.you still haven't taken down the incorrect information in the wiki.

Don't always be defensive. I wasn't saying anything about you at all. I was agreeing with Blazing that sometimes people are so quick to blame a function when they don't completely understand what's going on to know otherwise. I don't know where you got that i was even talking about you from that. I don't have any problem with you at all, i like what you do :2thumbsup: That's the 2nd time you've came at me defensively. Cheer up, everything is all cool. What things are incorrect on the wiki?? Sorry if i missed something, i've been extremely busy with multiple things i'm doing, and working crazy hours at work as well. PM me, and i will try to change the wiki as soon as i can. If your talking about the themes images wiki, that's the last priority right now. That's why i was saying it's for whoever wants to do it, i just started the wiki to have a base. I'm not taking responsibility of doing it though.
alpha tester
hannon

Postby hannon » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:03 pm

i have a question related to GH co-op

when jurgen and i have full starpower and i go to activate it, and the text shows up "this guitar to activate star power" and well it doesn't activate Star power, so is activating star power in this mode relative to using the GH theme?
Buy Rock Band Gear You'll Thank Yourself in the end
Cheaper to buy it in pieces
Drums 50 buxs
Mic 25
Guitar came with GH3
Endless hours of fun Priceless

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”