MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030) (OLD)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
6ame

Re: MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030)

Postby 6ame » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:36 am

My apologies if this has been covered, I've searched but couldn't find anything.

I want to know if it's possible to make guitar sounds during the BRE's, I don't get any sound at all when I hold down notes and strum during them, I don't know if that's supposed to happen or not. And I want to know if it's possible to have different sounds for individual songs, so you could save five different guitar note sounds for each song (or however many it would be if you included 2 and 3 chord notes as well), put them in the song folder, then you can play those sounds during the BRE's.

I don't even know if any of this is possible, but thanks for any help in advance.
MY SONGS, ALL DIFFICULTIES, 132 SO FAR
Artists include: Queen, Maiden, SRV, MJ, Gary Moore, Chris Rea, Steely Dan, Allman Brothers, Doors, Megadeth, Brian May, Gary Numan, Green Day, The Cult, Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, George Strait, and many more.
MEGADETH ENDGAME FULL ALBUM, ALL DIFFICULTIES
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:39 am

Actually that's not a bad idea to include 5 guitar sounds (if a chord is played the sounds for it should be played simultaneously). However most would probably just copy sounds from each other and a default is probably prefered in most cases.

I do think that there's plans for 5 default guitar/bass sounds allready though.
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:40 am

6ame wrote:My apologies if this has been covered, I've searched but couldn't find anything.

I want to know if it's possible to make guitar sounds during the BRE's, I don't get any sound at all when I hold down notes and strum during them, I don't know if that's supposed to happen or not. And I want to know if it's possible to have different sounds for individual songs, so you could save five different guitar note sounds for each song (or however many it would be if you included 2 and 3 chord notes as well), put them in the song folder, then you can play those sounds during the BRE's.

I don't even know if any of this is possible, but thanks for any help in advance.

FoFiX issue 438
dmarvp

Postby dmarvp » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:05 am

Azzco wrote:
Qstick wrote:
Azzco wrote:Oh.. Scores are not visible on my end in game with this revision though, thought something was in the making with that.

you mean you dont see any score in-game, mine shows up just like normal, what theme are you using?

RB2, latest revision (r11) notestreak window with graphics shows but score does not. I'll try a fresh ini, and another theme as well. I'll edit this post when I've done just that.

Edit:

Normal score shows in Megalight GH, but not in normal Megalight or RB2.

Second edit:
I've written a startup script that does a checkout on the RB2 theme and the fofix code, so I'm constantly up to date. This was tested under r918.

I have a similar problem. I know my scores are there because they are shown on the score list when finishing any song, but they do not show on the song selection screen, I can only see "0" there as my maximun score. I'm usin foFiX 3.030 with RB2 theme (v 1.65).
fablaculp

Postby fablaculp » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:19 am

With the last svn revision the game crash when i enter my name right after finishing a song.

EDIT: It seems that uploading score enabled is the cause of this bug.
Using last SVN revision with the last french translation...
(0) <-- The Eye
angellinus

Postby angellinus » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:37 am

Hi again after a few days.....any new downloads?
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:40 am

dmarvp wrote:I have a similar problem. I know my scores are there because they are shown on the score list when finishing any song, but they do not show on the song selection screen, I can only see "0" there as my maximun score. I'm usin foFiX 3.030 with RB2 theme (v 1.65).

By in game I meant of course in a session, after selecting song/part/difficulty. Your issue is probably related to the caching of song info.
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:46 am

@ dmarvp, sorry if this isn't it but always check the small stuff first.

try hitting your blue fret a couple of times :)
evil-doer

Postby evil-doer » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:33 am

Azzco wrote:Actually that's not a bad idea to include 5 guitar sounds (if a chord is played the sounds for it should be played simultaneously). However most would probably just copy sounds from each other and a default is probably prefered in most cases.

i really hope this ISNT done. drums are one thing because they are just drums. but notes need to match the tuning and scale and sound textures of the song. just playing random old notes from a guitar or bass will sound absolutely ridiculous. you can quote me on that.
Wester Toes
kawaii_kumiko69

Postby kawaii_kumiko69 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:27 am

evil-doer wrote:
Azzco wrote:Actually that's not a bad idea to include 5 guitar sounds (if a chord is played the sounds for it should be played simultaneously). However most would probably just copy sounds from each other and a default is probably prefered in most cases.

i really hope this ISNT done. drums are one thing because they are just drums. but notes need to match the tuning and scale and sound textures of the song. just playing random old notes from a guitar or bass will sound absolutely ridiculous. you can quote me on that.

I agree. We could just let the regular guitar audio play during the BRE. That's how it has always been in Rock Band.
sherranjjj001

Postby sherranjjj001 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:51 am

Besides, on real RB/RB2 the BRE's don't have your instruments produce any custom sounds, you just hear the extra section at the end over all your strumming/pounding.
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:08 am

Can we expect 3.1 to be released this month? :rolleyes:
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Wester Toes
kawaii_kumiko69

Postby kawaii_kumiko69 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:09 am

sherranjjj001 wrote:Besides, on real RB/RB2 the BRE's don't have your instruments produce any custom sounds, you just hear the extra section at the end over all your strumming/pounding.

Except for drums. at 2:50 onward.
Last edited by kawaii_kumiko69 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
alpha tester
hannon

Postby hannon » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:27 am

@MFH can the transition between solo and normal play be smoothed out a little bit? im noticing "some" lag when Solo ends and normal play begins

BTW in RB1 there are NO BRE guitar sounds....
Last edited by hannon on Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buy Rock Band Gear You'll Thank Yourself in the end
Cheaper to buy it in pieces
Drums 50 buxs
Mic 25
Guitar came with GH3
Endless hours of fun Priceless

Postby sherranjjj001 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:46 am

kawaii_kumiko69 wrote:
sherranjjj001 wrote:Besides, on real RB/RB2 the BRE's don't have your instruments produce any custom sounds, you just hear the extra section at the end over all your strumming/pounding.

at 2:50 onward.

I stand corrected. It's RB1 I think that holds true to my statement. My RB2 disc broke so I just assumed it was the same. Or maybe it's just for guitar...

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”