MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030) (OLD)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
tannayr

Re: MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030)

Postby tannayr » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:49 am

KrazzyKlown wrote:
tannayr wrote:
KrazzyKlown wrote:Is your sample Frequency 44100?

no it's 22050, if I up it to 44100 it gets staticky, which is funny cause that's a better frequency and I am using a high definition sound card, haha. In 3.030 i had it set to 22050 and 2048 buffer size and it ran oh so beautifully, and it still would if it would only play the guitar's ogg when on that setting.

your sample frequency has to be 44100 or the song will desync.

May I ask then, why my fofix 3.030 worked completely perfect with it at 22050, didn't desync at all. the notes are timed perfectly, i've played a whole song through that I have played a million times. it's just not playing the guitar.ogg when the notes are pressed. i'm hearing everything else perfectly, even get the miss clicks if i randomly strum before the song starts.
blindsk8

Postby blindsk8 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:50 am

kristijan_mkd : do I really need to rewrite all the question ? :tongue:
Nah, seriously , right now for myself I'm setting a new setlist ( as the rock band 2 style ) exept with other info like stars get for the song .. noteHit on note total etc.
after a while I realize people may want it.So here I am if i'm doing something clean ... do you let me use your code and theme ( sorry but no I won't ask it on the other post :rolleyes: )
the rock band 2 setlist is awesome for the band player ... since at my home I only play guitar with a couple of pals, thats useless.
The Photoshop Wizard
kristijan_mkd

Postby kristijan_mkd » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:26 am

LoL dude, the coding isn't mine it's hman333's and MFH's.. U can change code and do stuff on your own pc, it can't be uploaded to svn without mfh seeing it, approving it, and merging it with other code. If u are doing that you should add an option for choosing between stars and score , i think it won't be accepted the old code to be deleted for someones ,,MI WANTZ STARZ'' ideas. The RB2 setlist is like that, and it won't change, so if u like changes you should add an option to choose between one and another thing in the setlist. And use the theme ofc, the theme is for downloading , it's not prohibited.. -.- Aldo you cannot take the theme modify stuff and post it as your own.
blindsk8

Postby blindsk8 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:46 am

first off, sorry I though you made this part of it
second, of course I'm not destroying what its made, I'm adding another list options ... cd/list rb2 etc
And I wasn't thinking of uploading it to svn just create a kind of mod on a mod and I wanted to know if it was alright with everybody
but since you're not the one who coded it sorry about that.And of course i don't want to steal any stuff that's why i'm here asking :tongue:
Shun

Postby Shun » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:02 am

I think I'm getting in the middle of something about the RB2 list but....

I would like to see an option of having the star count and possibly hit percentage on the RB2 list option. I like that the list mode was very well designed, compact, and is user friendly.

But it doesn't display the star values which actually tell me how good my score is. And therefore, when I go through and play songs, which songs I should replay to get a better score.
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Postby Lysdestic » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:00 am

raynebc wrote:I imagine the delay could be due to the audio buffering? If that's the case, a smaller buffer would reduce the delay before the drum miss sound is played, but you can run the risk of getting stuttering audio.

Hmm, really? I had to put my audio buffer as high as it would go to get the delay as small as it is now.

The lower I make it the more of a delay it has. :confused:
Qstick

Postby Qstick » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:49 am

Shun wrote:I think I'm getting in the middle of something about the RB2 list but....

I would like to see an option of having the star count and possibly hit percentage on the RB2 list option. I like that the list mode was very well designed, compact, and is user friendly.

But it doesn't display the star values which actually tell me how good my score is. And therefore, when I go through and play songs, which songs I should replay to get a better score.

its coming along with the little icons.
alpha tester
hannon

Postby hannon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:02 pm

ok just downloaded the beta 3.035

Needs a whammy, refer to GH guitar!
some notes don't quite get hit when strumming,
yes i have the GH guitar, XB360 USB hooked into 2.0 hub
some songs don't display notes at ALL, example, "coming undone - korn", no notes on either difficulty
"joan jet i hate myself for loving you", laggy as hell! makes it almost impossible to play
too quick to jump to score screen, needs fading transistion,

no major errors displayed, so far so good chris , if i happen to try diff themes and get error i will edit this post and post them
Buy Rock Band Gear You'll Thank Yourself in the end
Cheaper to buy it in pieces
Drums 50 buxs
Mic 25
Guitar came with GH3
Endless hours of fun Priceless

Postby death_au » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:33 pm

hannon wrote:ok just downloaded the beta 3.035

Needs a whammy, refer to GH guitar!

Analog whammy bars are supported in the settings, although due to certain limitations, it messes with volume of note, not pitch.
hannon wrote:some notes don't quite get hit when strumming,
yes i have the GH guitar, XB360 USB hooked into 2.0 hub

I've never experienced this problem, bu I have heard of problems with "double-strumming" on the XB360 guitars not working properly
hannon wrote:some songs don't display notes at ALL, example, "coming undone - korn", no notes on either difficulty
"joan jet i hate myself for loving you", laggy as hell! makes it almost impossible to play

Are these custom fretted songs? If so could you provide links? It is most likely something wrong with the songs, as most people don't have these kind of problems.
hannon wrote:too quick to jump to score screen, needs fading transistion,

...actually I agree, but due to the fact that it needs to load a different set of resources for the game results screen, this might be impossible.
eggyegg500

Postby eggyegg500 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:07 pm

is there a mod so it reads starpower phrases in songs?
THE EGG
Shun

Postby Shun » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:15 pm

eggyegg500 wrote:is there a mod so it reads starpower phrases in songs?

Yes, this is implemented in the 3.035 beta. It may be in 3.030. Done by myfingershurt (chris).
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:58 pm

death_au wrote:
hannon wrote:too quick to jump to score screen, needs fading transistion,

...actually I agree, but due to the fact that it needs to load a different set of resources for the game results screen, this might be impossible.

i know this isn't on any priority list, it would be nice if it lasted long enough to play the yourock sound that gets cut in half at the end of each successfull song.

Qstick wrote:its coming along with the little icons.

awsome, and you switched your name
qb8young

Postby qb8young » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:05 pm

death_au wrote:Analog whammy bars are supported in the settings, although due to certain limitations, it messes with volume of note, not pitch.

Really, where do I find this setting?
jiiiiimmmy

Postby jiiiiimmmy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:51 pm

My only real complaint about the RB2 set list is that the album and artist names are not coded to stay within their area.
If the name is too long then it just adds .... to the end.
I know the song names have been coded to stay within their area without running off.
If it is possible to only add this to the RB2 set list that would be the best bet, I think, because the other set list views would not need this coded in. Right?
I mean we don't want to mess up anything.
=\

Oh and I don't know the proper term right off the top of my head, that is why I kept saying "Stay within their area".
If you need more of an explanation I can give it my best shot.

This isn't a major deal just thought I would mention it before the RB2 set list is considered complete.

Anywho, great job guys.
I havn't had any big problems with the alpha versions.
My only problem with the alpha versions recently was that it wouldn't allow me to play guitar and drums in two player.
I'm going to study the problem further though and give more details later when I have time.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:34 am

Hi MFH, I'm thinking of making a new site for FoFiX. It will have all things including roadmap/bug tracker, forums and other things such as articles, download page etc. Road map/bug tracker is just like google code. And for SVN, I'll ask the host if I can put SVN on it's server. If you like, I'll set it up. Since Leixner is... GONE, I thought we would need a new site for more easier. :laugh: If you agree just say it here. :cool:

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”