MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030) (OLD)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
The tux power
Borisdsp

Re: MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030)

Postby Borisdsp » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:42 pm

myfingershurt wrote:
---- EDIT ----

Wow, someone just donated a significant amount to the drum fund -- my status just jumped from almost affording a used RB1 set to possibly approaching a new RB2 set! :)

Thank you! :2thumbsup:

due to the request in this particular donation, half-speed practice mode will be moving up in the priorities and I will be tackling that in the next version or two.

Half speed, cool :2thumbsup: i am happy because the donations are good, i think you will have you drum set soon. You can put a list of donators in the first post.
EDIT- I am learning Python, wasn´t there a forum of learning Python with some FOFFF users?
Last edited by Borisdsp on Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Meteorito Official Member
Hes back!
baseballplayinty

Postby baseballplayinty » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:50 pm

or in the credits? under miscellaneous
I support...
http://www.fretsonfire.org
http://www.FansOnFire.tk
and FoFix

If you EVER need help with anything just ask me i can probably can help you and will try to point you in the best direction if i can't give you the info directly.
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:51 pm

Any new theme.ini settings should now be ridiculously easy to add, so sure it should be no problem.

Hey, a list of donators - thats not a bad idea. What do you all think, and where should I put that? Maybe on the donations wiki, in a new section of the credits...? Should I include dollar amounts or maybe just rank the donators' names by that order? I don't want to post donators that wish to remain anonymous, just let me know.

MrFaust, perhaps there is some logic that I can work out that would recognize an incorrect track order (unedited RB MIDI) and treat it differently? What tracks are out of order, what is your current manual procedure for correcting this? I have those unedited MIDIs you sent me to work with too, I bet I could get that to happen...

edit: issue 374 - post any info / details on this there as a comment if you'd like, that's where I'll be reposting anything relevant from here.
holystoneH

Postby holystoneH » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:11 pm

myfingershurt wrote:A
MrFaust, perhaps there is some logic that I can work out that would recognize an incorrect track order (unedited RB MIDI) and treat it differently? What tracks are out of order, what is your current manual procedure for correcting this? I have those unedited MIDIs you sent me to work with too, I bet I could get that to happen...

edit: issue 374 - post any info / details on this there as a comment if you'd like, that's where I'll be reposting anything relevant from here.

usually unedited .mid files have only this 2 specific orders

PART DRUMS
PART GUITAR
PART BASS

or sometimes

PART DRUMS
PART BASS
PART GUITAR

the problem is that FOFix reads the .mid correctly only in this order

PART GUITAR
PART BASS
PART DRUMS

that is what MR.Faust is talking about
Last edited by holystoneH on Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:14 pm

Gotcha, thanks - I'll see what I can do with this later today.
holystoneH

Postby holystoneH » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:20 pm

myfingershurt wrote:Gotcha, thanks - I'll see what I can do with this later today.

it would be good if you could find a solution that holds both possible orders because usually rippers need to import the .mid files into an midi editor and im not sure if after exporting the .mid every single features stays where it should. apperently they looks fine and the main features are working but it would be the best solution to leave the .mid files readed untouched from fofix to hold the maximum future compatibility
fablaculp

Postby fablaculp » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:23 pm

When does the new awesome RB2 songlist will be available ?

Btw, great work with theme.py!
Using last SVN revision with the last french translation...
RanzQ

Postby RanzQ » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:31 pm

I asked about this earlier, seems that nobody noticed.

So, can I change the neck to solid, it's now transparent and I can't find a setting from the options? It's annoying since I'm using GH3 theme and when there's a light background image, I can't see the notes so well. I had MFH 3.000 earlier and there was an option for a non-transparent neck.
The Photoshop Wizard
kristijan_mkd

Postby kristijan_mkd » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:35 pm

LoL HolYsToneH u have --> Posts: 666 .... :woot: And the setlist is coming soong guys.. I'm re-ripping the graphics and hman333 is wokring on the code. :tongue:
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:36 pm

RanzQ wrote:I asked about this earlier, seems that nobody noticed.

So, can I change the neck to solid, it's now transparent and I can't find a setting from the options? It's annoying since I'm using GH3 theme and when there's a light background image, I can't see the notes so well. I had MFH 3.000 earlier and there was an option for a non-transparent neck.

FoFiX Basic Settings > P1 Neck Select and P2 Neck Select
RanzQ

Postby RanzQ » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:42 pm

myfingershurt wrote:
RanzQ wrote:I asked about this earlier, seems that nobody noticed.

FoFiX Basic Settings > P1 Neck Select and P2 Neck Select

Ok, thanks, I just didn't realize that some of the necks are transparent, thought it was selectable... :smile:
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:44 pm

@MFH
Good news about being easier to add new theme.ini options. I know i personally have a fair bit of issue's with theme.ini requests. :smile: I was trying to make a little more sense about the whole new implementation. So, since some stuff is in both theme.ini AND fof.ini files, and some stuff gets copied into FoF.ini file, basically whatever is in theme.ini file will automatically overwrite the settings copied over to fof.ini, or so we have to remove the fof.ini and start over every time we change new settings?
Hes back!
baseballplayinty

Postby baseballplayinty » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:47 pm

What do i need to get a paypal account? because i have about 50.00 for you but i haven't a clue how to set paypals up ;-)
I support...
http://www.fretsonfire.org
http://www.FansOnFire.tk
and FoFix

If you EVER need help with anything just ask me i can probably can help you and will try to point you in the best direction if i can't give you the info directly.
MrFaust

Postby MrFaust » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:49 pm

myfingershurt wrote:Gotcha, thanks - I'll see what I can do with this later today.

MY GAWD, that would save me TONS of time. But you will also have to account for mids that have PART GUITAR_COOP. I haven't run into any in the RB DLC as of yet. But they are there in GH3/GHA and I'm sure will be there in GHWT.
fasteddy

Postby fasteddy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:09 pm

fasteddy wrote:
evilynux wrote:
fasteddy wrote:Seems I'm dropping a lot of frames with 3.030. I'm using evilynux's binaries. Anyone else running into this?

Are you a newcomer or is this new behavior that appeared in 3.030?

Everything was smooth in 3.025.

Update: 3.035 beta seems to solve whatever my machine was chocking on.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”