MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030) (OLD)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
Shun

Re: MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030)

Postby Shun » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:59 pm

Shun wrote:re: Drum Bugs (issues 338, 339, and 340)

It looks like 339 is fixed for me but I need to play more to be sure, but 338 and 340 are still issues for me with the latest alpha. I even reverted to the revision that fixed the problem and its still doing it to me.

I found where the bug is on this.

If Drum Misses in Audio > Advanced Options is set to Song Start, it does as I say. (That does not belong there IMO, its a pain to find.) If set to either of the other two options, both 338 and 340 are fixed.

Here is part of the code problem in GuitarScene.py line 2414 (in run method)

Code: Select all

# For each existing player (already in this loop)
        if self.notesMissed[i] or self.lessMissed[i]:   #(detects missed note or overstrum)
          if self.guitars[i].isDrum:
            if self.drumMisses == 0:    #mode: always
              self.rockmeterDecrease(i)
            elif self.drumMisses == 1 and self.countdownSeconds < 1:    #mode: song start
            elif self.drumMisses == 2 and self.drumStart:    #mode: song start
          else:   #not drums
        if self.****[i]:
          self.rockmeterIncrease(i)

I don't know where the starpower logic is but its probably similar bug? self.drumStart probably is not getting set to true when the song starts (obv) - it gets changed in a bunch of places. [Unless I'm misinterpreting what Song Start and First Note means]

Is this too much information and something you guys dont need this detail for? Poring over the code is fun but obviously its all mashed potatoes to me.

(EDITED)
Qstick

Postby Qstick » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:45 am

slantyr wrote:in the song statistics at the end of the song the hopo designation is "more"

i have it set to 2 normal

the appause for getting your meter green is cool

Fixed in r506

Alpha r510 released - HOPO indicator now custimizable from theme.ini see http://code.google.com/p/fofix/wiki/ThemeFileSettings for details
Sexier than you
p_025

Postby p_025 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:57 pm

Since the implementation of issue 170 the hopofreq in the song.ini doesn't work properly. I set it to 4 for Green Grass and it's not working. Hopofreq=0 still works, as in the case of Coheed and Cambria.

What was the idea behind adding three more settings? This is a case of it ain't broke, so don't fix it.
Desktop:
OS: Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3 (Build 2600); Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Beta (Build 7048) | CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2 CPUs, 2.40GHz) | RAM: 2x Corsair XMS 2GiB DDR2, 2x Corsair XMS 1GiB DDR2 (6GiB total, 3.25 recognized by XP) | Video: EVGA NVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MiB | Audio: Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
DevLaVaca

Postby DevLaVaca » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:02 pm

Bug report:
Since upgrading to 3.30 (from 3.0, so who knows how long this has happened), every few songs, the program will hang on the "Preparing..." screen immediately after choosing a song. Windows Task Manager says the process uses ~100% CPU and ~7,000-9,000 "Mem Usage".

The log file reads (this is a sample):
(D) Retrieving difficulties from: C:\Program Files\Frets on Fire\songs\Rock Band\Guitar\Stone Temple Pilots - Vasoline\notes.mid
(D) View: Pop: SongChooser
(D) Retrieving sections from:

The last two lines have read this way both times I checked the log after this happened. A wipe and reinstall didn't fix the problem.
Qstick

Postby Qstick » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:39 pm

p_025 wrote:Since the implementation of issue 170 the hopofreq in the song.ini doesn't work properly. I set it to 4 for Green Grass and it's not working. Hopofreq=0 still works, as in the case of Coheed and Cambria.

What was the idea behind adding three more settings? This is a case of it ain't broke, so don't fix it.

I will fix this tomorrow, some people wanted settings in between the ones already in the game, for fine tuning. sorry for that though i'm still getting acquainted with all of the code.
fasteddy

Postby fasteddy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:19 pm

Seems I'm dropping a lot of frames with 3.030. I'm using evilynux's binaries. Anyone else running into this?
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:58 pm

DevLaVaca wrote:Bug report:
Since upgrading to 3.30 (from 3.0, so who knows how long this has happened), every few songs, the program will hang on the "Preparing..." screen immediately after choosing a song. Windows Task Manager says the process uses ~100% CPU and ~7,000-9,000 "Mem Usage".

The log file reads (this is a sample):
(D) Retrieving difficulties from: C:\Program Files\Frets on Fire\songs\Rock Band\Guitar\Stone Temple Pilots - Vasoline\notes.mid
(D) View: Pop: SongChooser
(D) Retrieving sections from:

The last two lines have read this way both times I checked the log after this happened. A wipe and reinstall didn't fix the problem.

...For no apparent reason, the guitarScene loads twice (this is a known issue atm). It didn't seem like such a big deal, but now I think about it, this makes the existing memory leak exactly twice as bad, doesn't it?
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:11 pm

@Death_Au
Actually, this sort of confirms the idea MFH and I had about that it seems to only do this when the system load is under pressure if it's apparent that some user's machine at that moment are at 100% resources. I noticed this myself when i never ran into this problem, but finally noticed this when i was recording the new demo video's i released. Only when i was recording (using fraps in HQ res.) i noticed it repeated it 2 times before the game started, and a few theme's barely started a 2nd time at all. Hopefully this should help figure out what causes that much resources to be used at that moment of the game.

@hman333
Hey and welcome as the new coder, doing a great job already so far, much thanks to ya. I don't know if MFH or Evilynux passed on the info about me being the one that updates the theme.ini Wiki, so in the future when you add any new theme.ini functions, just PM me and i'll update the wiki page. That just helps take less away for you to have to worry about doing, and I don't mind doing that honestly anyway. I already made it and keep up with it already anyway. I mean if you happen to REALLY want to update that with your new changes, that's still cool with me, but i don't mind otherwise. Most of the time, as much as I follow up with the forums and even more with the FoFiX google site, i usually always catch the new additions to use to update the wiki anyway before i even get the PM's from the others mentioning the new additions. It's up to you. It's less burden for you to have to do, gives you more time to focus on coding.
evilynux

Postby evilynux » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:37 pm

fasteddy wrote:Seems I'm dropping a lot of frames with 3.030. I'm using evilynux's binaries. Anyone else running into this?

Are you a newcomer or is this new behavior that appeared in 3.030?
dugray

Postby dugray » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:47 am

Just wondering how I can go about fixing the fact that it doesn't cut the guitar audio when I miss notes with 3.030.
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:37 am

Evilynux, you've mentioned python psyco once or twice I believe, will that package imrpove performance for vanilla fof as well or are there some functions only available in FoFiX?

Just wondering if I should start recomending "laggers" to get their hands on it, which brings me to the second question. It'll run as well on mac and win as it does on linux right?

dugray wrote:Just wondering how I can go about fixing the fact that it doesn't cut the guitar audio when I miss notes with 3.030.

I think that's "Single Track Miss" volume, that you're after. It's set to 9/10 by default which probably is a bit high, comparing to older versions.
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
Qstick

Postby Qstick » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:18 am

worldrave wrote:@hman333
Hey and welcome as the new coder, doing a great job already so far, much thanks to ya. I don't know if MFH or Evilynux passed on the info about me being the one that updates the theme.ini Wiki, so in the future when you add any new theme.ini functions, just PM me and i'll update the wiki page. That just helps take less away for you to have to worry about doing, and I don't mind doing that honestly anyway. I already made it and keep up with it already anyway. I mean if you happen to REALLY want to update that with your new changes, that's still cool with me, but i don't mind otherwise. Most of the time, as much as I follow up with the forums and even more with the FoFiX google site, i usually always catch the new additions to use to update the wiki anyway before i even get the PM's from the others mentioning the new additions. It's up to you. It's less burden for you to have to do, gives you more time to focus on coding.

@Worldrave
Thanks for the welcome, glad to be on board. I didn't know about the wiki page updates so i just did it myself yesterday, i wondered about it though cause in the past i had always seen you updating them, i will just PM you about it from now on and let you handle it. I will probably be doing some more work with adding some new customizations to the theme.ini file in the next two weeks so i will let you know when i commit something. Thanks for taking care of that, does make it easier not having to worry about that.
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:16 am

I'm sorry, but I've got a really noob question.. How do I activate 3d notes? I can't find any option in the menus myself. Am I ust missing it? :huh:

I actually went and just added
twoDkeys = False
twoDnote = False

To the theme.ini manually. :blink:
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
Qstick

Postby Qstick » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:32 am

hman333 wrote:
p_025 wrote:Since the implementation of issue 170 the hopofreq in the song.ini doesn't work properly. I set it to 4 for Green Grass and it's not working. Hopofreq=0 still works, as in the case of Coheed and Cambria.

I will fix this tomorrow, some people wanted settings in between the ones already in the game, for fine tuning. sorry for that though i'm still getting acquainted with all of the code.

this is fixed in r512, nice catch
evilynux

Postby evilynux » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:40 am

@Azzco:
About psyco, the limitation isn't the OS, at least i know it works under Win32 and GNU/Linux (32bit).
The limitation is the CPU architecture, let me emphasis the fact that psyco ONLY WORKS FOR x86 32bit processors.
Again, psyco won't work for processors like amd64, ia64, ppc, ppc64, arm7, arm9, mips, etc.

About 3D notes: I see you've figured it out. I agree the option names are a bit weird/non-consistent/counter intuitive. MFH and I mentioned we should rename those 2 options one day but didn't bother changing them yet.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”