MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030) (OLD)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Re: MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.025)

Postby death_au » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:36 am

It's just your Rock Band 1 theme... With some other animated backgrounds thrown in, hence the pink.
doesn't seem to have anything relating to the solo text scale in the theme.ini
Also, just for the record, it does seem to scale based on the text (the size is different when the string is different sizes).
The resolution seems to affect it, too. I tried 1024x768 and it fit it better but still didn't quite surround the text horizontally. I can provide another screenshot if you want.
EDIT: screenshot of solo box at 1024x768 (windowed)
Does it matter that it's only percentage and not the notes hit count as well?
EDIT: Apparently not. It's still the same amount of text cut off if I use detail as opposed to percentage
(1024x768, solo accuracy: detail)
The Photoshop Wizard
kristijan_mkd

Postby kristijan_mkd » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:10 am

MFH.. I have an idea for you.. It's for the results screen.. To be multi layered and f*cking complicated :)

Here's what we have...

Code: Select all

In the theme folder:
ResultsBG.png
Results.ttf (Font)

In the song folder:
Result.png

Optional (In the theme folder)

PartGuitar.png
PartDrums.png
PartBass.png
Co-Op.png

Another thing is , the text must be like this.

Instead of :
Master of Puppets Finished! --> Master of Puppets (Becouse the ,,Finished'' is presented with an image on the ResultsBG.png)

Instead of :
Showing the: Notes Hit, Accuracy, Longest Notes Streak --> Showing just the numbers.

Instead of showing: ,,Part: Guitar on Hard.'' --> The instrument to be showed with an ,,Part.png'' image. And the difficulty to be showed like just ,,Hard''.

And add theme.ini settings for the results screen, the text and stuff...

So ... Here is what it looks like...

Hope u accept my idea, and having it into future plans.. Tnx
LosBadylos

Postby LosBadylos » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:38 am

I deal with the previous problem, but i got the next one. When i'm starting a song, play it, and if I restart the song by pressing ESC and then restart then song is played with some kind of echo, it sounds really bad, and i cant play songs comfortable. Anyone with that problem? I got 3.025 ver.
Simograndi

Postby Simograndi » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:32 pm

Wow kristijan_mkd your result screen really rocks!! I hope it'll be added in future... :rolleyes:
anyway new beta2 runs very smoothly... what kind of spell did you do guys???! :2thumbsup:
supurgem

Postby supurgem » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:49 pm

Wonderful idea K.I.D.!That makes FoF very customizable.
Sorry if I made grammar mistakes :) ...
98% of the Internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that doesn't have one, copy and paste this into your sig.......NOW!
Mr. Sorrow
Figure

Postby Figure » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:56 pm

WOW GREAT IDEA WITH THAT RESULTS SCREEN!!! And MFH keep the good work you do! I will help if I can (with graphics)
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:18 pm

death_au, try the latest SVN code... the solo frame should now scale and position itself correctly - centered around the solo text, no matter where it is or how many pixels it requires - in any resolution.
The Photoshop Wizard
kristijan_mkd

Postby kristijan_mkd » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:49 pm

What about my idea..? I see people kinda like it.. But maybe it's not codable..

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" />

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" />

.iGuitarist / .iDesign. / iRock.
ImageMy YouTubeChannel
Image My Facebook Fan Page
@rokerot on twitter
SmashD

Postby SmashD » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:00 pm

Could someone please provide a small HowTo, so everybody interested can use the current SVN release?
I am on windows and know about the "SVN checkout" procedure, ... but I don't fihure out how to synchronize it with http://fofix.googlecode.com/svn/MFH-Mod/trunk/

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: to avoid being misunderstood: i am able to download the current SVN stuff with TortuiseSVN, but not familiar with the directory structure and if I have to do prepare/compile anything after doing that ;)
evilynux

Postby evilynux » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:04 pm

@All GNU/Linux players: I've just uploaded the 3.030 binaries on our google code page. Head to http://code.google.com/p/fofix/download ... ys%3Alinux.

There are both Full Packages and Patches for both 32bit and 64bit architectures.

@SmashD: How to update your local copy once you've already made a checkout: "SVN > Update".
SmashD

Postby SmashD » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:14 pm

evilynux wrote:@SmashD: How to update your local copy once you've already made a checkout: "SVN > Update".

That was fast, thanks. So basically I am extracting base v3 to a directory, doing a checkout/update on it and I am done?
...the pain
myfingershurt

Re: MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030)

Postby myfingershurt » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:20 pm

kjd, I had already added your suggestion to the To Do list. I don't have time to reply individually to every post. Thank you.

3.030 is released, as evilynux suggested above. Just takes me longer to upload from my slow connection:

--------------------------------
Version 3.030 - "Smoothness, No More Amanith, No More XPadder" - (11/19/2008, 8:30am PST) - (SVN rev 392 / tag 3.030) --
Full (2 themes, 2 tutorials: 13MB) - Mediafire -- Direct GoogleCode download
Patch (3MB) - Mediafire -- Direct GoogleCode download

And, if you don't already have the updated RB1 theme, Rock Band 1: v3.000 -> 3.030 patch (final) (11/18/2008, 11:15pmPST), 4.2 MB -- Mediafire
New since 3.025: FoFiX completed items for 3.030
Last edited by myfingershurt on Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
evilynux

Postby evilynux » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:24 pm

SmashD wrote:
evilynux wrote:@SmashD: How to update your local copy once you've already made a checkout: "SVN > Update".

That was fast, thanks. So basically I am extracting base v3 to a directory, doing a checkout/update on it and I am done?

If by v3 you mean the 3.000 Full Package: no.
You are under Windows and it seems to be a pain in the ass to run from sources on that OS...

Under GNU/Linux, the simpliest is to always run from sources. Then you never get to bother about the releases we make. You just always use the latest and greatest (and sometimes unstable/in the works code).

Under Windows... it seems that there are some library.zip manipulation involved. I think i'll let a knowledgeable Windows user/coder answer you on that one as i don't want to mislead you.

In any case, you're most probably right, this deserves a Wiki page of it's own.
Perhaps we could simply enhance http://code.google.com/p/fofix/wiki/Req ... rceModules.
...the pain
myfingershurt

Re: MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030)

Postby myfingershurt » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:35 pm

SmashD wrote:Could someone please provide a small HowTo, so everybody interested can use the current SVN release?
I am on windows and know about the "SVN checkout" procedure, ... but I don't fihure out how to synchronize it with http://fofix.googlecode.com/svn/MFH-Mod/trunk/

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: to avoid being misunderstood: i am able to download the current SVN stuff with TortuiseSVN, but not familiar with the directory structure and if I have to do prepare/compile anything after doing that ;)

You should follow the RequiredSourceModules wiki page instructions if you want to run from sources, which involves installing all the required modules to run from source or to compile the EXE and library.zip.

However, technically you can use the old hacky method I used to use to modify the source code -- drag the changed .py files into your library.zip so they will be compiled before runtime. This can be confusing.... but it might just work if you drag all of the source .py files (except the midi folder, that's never touched) into the library.zip from an earlier 3.0xx full install and then run the .EXE -- if this works let me know and I'll add it to the wiki as a cheat / shortcut to try the latest SVN.

edit: dragging .py files into a library.zip might require a recent version of WinRAR to use a compression method recognized by FoF (if you haven't noticed, the library.zip file is -barely- compressed).
holystoneH

Postby holystoneH » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:37 pm

myfingershurt wrote:So, adjust the guitar's notes.png until each type of note lines up properly with the beatline. Once you have a fixed graphic for the RB1 theme, post it and I'll add it to the next RB1 theme patch.

i fixed it for my taste but its probably not the final version

http://www.mediafire.com/?imylakyqdgb

i think they need to be moved a little bit more forward. in rock band 2 the notes are not on the middle of the beatline. only 1/4 of the notes are on the line

caution the timing on how you hit the notes should be now different you have now a few milliseconds more time because the notes are now moved forward but its better than before its now more rockbandish

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”