MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030) (OLD)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
J-Man

Re: MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.021)

Postby J-Man » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:26 pm

lnkk wrote:And J-man ur such a retard... what the **** have u done for the mod? nothing thats it, so chill out and show some respect.

You realize I don't help with frets on fire because I'm too busy with school? I would be going crazy on learning python and helping if i had time.

I frankly don't care, i'll use joy2key, but having to run a seperate program really sucks.
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:46 pm

Patience.... I fixed it in the code not 5 minutes after I understood what you were talking about. issue 138
When you originally posted this issue, it sounded like you were talking about the instrument select causing a slowdown, which I had just fixed.
You have just confirmed my original assumption, which is that you aren't paying attention to what issues are on the list and which issues have already been fixed for the next patch.

...in short, this fix will be in 3.025. Or, if you can't wait, get the latest source and drag the new .py files into your library.zip.
J-Man

Postby J-Man » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:28 pm

MFH, I'm sorry for what I said earlier. I was stressed out about this solo in jazz band (yes im a band geek, live with it) and I have a ton of work to do for english in a week.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:08 am

I made an updated drums.png for the megalight theme. This one is based off the other megalight theme notes. You can download it from the attachment in my update to Issue 62
KrazzyKlown

Postby KrazzyKlown » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:45 am

If you had went 2 pages into BGs thread about megalight, you would have seen he made drum notes for it. they can be found in his hotfix here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bgw1rvarrfo
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:37 am

New multiplayer-friendly score upload tracking & results (for issue 16):

KrazzyKlown

Postby KrazzyKlown » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:04 am

I didn't see any where in you 'to-do list' thingy that you intend to fix the green drum note having a hit glow of orange. maybe you haven't noticed.
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:15 am

No, I hadn't. issue 145

Scoring screen in 3.025 will now show what HOPO system and hit window settings were used to get that score, for highscore screenshots. issue 141

KrazzyKlown

Postby KrazzyKlown » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:46 am

here i screen capped it.

Jack of all Trades
BlackJack

Postby BlackJack » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:08 am

• 1) GH3 theme : depending on the POV used, the StarPower lightning (lightning.png) isn't correctly aligned (ironically, it's noticeable when the POV is set to GH3 but not when it is set to Rock Band :tongue: ).

POV set to RB, everything's OK :

POV set to GH3, the y axis of the lightning is misaligned :

• 2) When the StarPower is charged on a chord (i.e. when the starnotes end on a chord instead of a single starnote), the lightning only appears on one of the notes, which looks weird IMO -- you can check the first screenshot to see what I mean).
    Could it be made so that a lightning appears for every note of a chord instead of only one?
  • 3) Activating StarPower when you're in the process of strumming StarNotes makes them disappear. Is that a normal behavior?
  • 4) I had planned to make flatnotes.png, flatspinnotes.png, flatfretbuttons.png, and flatlightning.png (so that these can be used as a fallback instead of notes.png, spinnotes.png, fretbuttons.png, and lightning.png, when POV is set to "Rock Rev").
    Should I go ahead, or don't waste time on something that won't be coded ever? :oldwink:
  • 5) Is it possible to have animated tails when you strum, such as in the original FoF 1.2.512 (that would look kinda like FoFiX's animated killswitch, except it'd be displayed when strumming normally)?

2 suggestions:
  • a) it's quite possible it has already been suggested (shame on me if it's the case), but a random song mode would be great (it could be an option for quickplay, for example). However, I don't know how much work it'd involve to code that feature.
  • b) for songs such as "the state of Massachusetts", by "Dropkick Murphys", where the bass track is clearly too loud, we could have a new setting for song.ini : rhythm_volume = x (where x = [0,10]). This way we wouldn't have to modify the volumes in the options before and after we play such songs, nor have to edit the .ogg (a solution that'd imply some quality loss).

@fablaculp : concerning your bug report, it's not really a bug per se : you can perfectly align the fail text, but you have to tweak theme.ini and add different amount of spaces before the translated lines (through trial/error for the time being, I'm afraid -- that's how the original text has been positioned, BTW, as you can see by looking through the code).
That's for this reason you have several instances of the same text (i.e.

Code: Select all

msgid "   RESUME"
for RB-like themes and

msgid "        RESUME"
for GH3-like themes). This is not limited to Fail menus, but to Pause menus as well (where you have the "same" text but with different spaces for RB, GH2, and GH3).

I know this is troublesome, but hopefully this is a temporary workaround (until fail and pause strings can be aligned separately through theme.ini, which requires code modifications).
Than != Then. It's != Its. Of != Have. Your != You're. Their != There != They're.
Disco Skulls FTW!
Death Legion

Postby Death Legion » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:29 am

BlackJack wrote:
  • 2) When the StarPower is charged on a chord (i.e. when the starnotes end on a chord instead of a single starnote), the lightning only appears on one of the notes, which looks weird IMO -- you can check the first screenshot to see what I mean).
    Could it be made so that a lightning appears for every note of a chord instead of only one?
  • 3) Activating StarPower when you're in the process of strumming StarNotes makes them disappear. Is that a normal behavior?

2) I dunno for the new version (it seems that it doesn't work anymore if you state this, using screens...), but with the 3.005 version, which I'm using (boooh, he didn't upgrade :woot: ), lightnings come for every Star Power note (e.g. if the last SP note is a 3-chord, 3 ligthings appears).

3) This is totally normal (imagine, you could activate StarPower seeing the SP path beginning at the end of your POV, and then gain more SP to refill what you just lost, making a 1.25x maximum SP duration!).
Puppetz fan club member :tongue:
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:30 am

GoogleCode server is faster. :2thumbsup: And MFH, is the "Preload Glyph Cache" bug has been fixed? :confused:
BraveFencer

Postby BraveFencer » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:24 am

more 1 bug:
when you activate killswitch, sound goes almost mute.
The most odd is something io found in fretsonfire.ini:

kill_volume = 0.0

Can i alter it so it can look like GH's whammy?
Disco Skulls FTW!
Death Legion

Postby Death Legion » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:14 am

BraveFencer wrote:more 1 bug:
when you activate killswitch, sound goes almost mute.
The most odd is something io found in fretsonfire.ini:

kill_volume = 0.0

Can i alter it so it can look like GH's whammy?

Puppetz fan club member :tongue:
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:12 pm

BlackJack wrote:
  • 1) GH3 theme : depending on the POV used, the StarPower lightning (lightning.png) isn't correctly aligned (ironically, it's noticeable when the POV is set to GH3 but not when it is set to Rock Band :tongue: ).
  • 4) I had planned to make flatnotes.png, flatspinnotes.png, flatfretbuttons.png, and flatlightning.png (so that these can be used as a fallback instead of notes.png, spinnotes.png, fretbuttons.png, and lightning.png, when POV is set to "Rock Rev").
    Should I go ahead, or don't waste time on something that won't be coded ever? :oldwink:
  • 5) Is it possible to have animated tails when you strum, such as in the original FoF 1.2.512 (that would look kinda like FoFiX's animated killswitch, except it'd be displayed when strumming normally)?

2 suggestions:
  • a) it's quite possible it has already been suggested (shame on me if it's the case), but a random song mode would be great (it could be an option for quickplay, for example). However, I don't know how much work it'd involve to code that feature.
  • b) for songs such as "the state of Massachusetts", by "Dropkick Murphys", where the bass track is clearly too loud, we could have a new setting for song.ini : rhythm_volume = x (where x = [0,10]). This way we wouldn't have to modify the volumes in the options before and after we play such songs, nor have to edit the .ogg (a solution that'd imply some quality loss).

1) Noted, issue 147
2) Noted, issue 148 (this was most likely caused by the new handling of starpower charge notes, which solved the double-starpower reward of drum chords)
3) This is not a bug. If you had "SP Refill" set to "On" this would not happen, as starpower notes are allowed while starpower is active while this is enabled.
4) That would be an extremely low-priority change... but if you made those images I would eventually look into adding this functionality.
5) No idea what you're talking about here.
a) This is not happening in-game for a long time. There are already external tools that can achieve this for you. issue 149
b) Added, issue 150

once again: whew. Please slow down these list posts of yours... it does take a long time to catch up and properly respond / handle the list items so they don't get buried, and the time I spend doing this severely cuts into the time I had planned to be working on the next release. :)

Perhaps you could start using the FoFiX issue tracker to note bugs? Then they're in the big list and we can review the reports when we get a chance.

Azzco, I don't have a problem with preloading the font glyphs. Evilynux worked on that feature, and made it optional for a reason - some users' video cards just won't handle it. Just leave it off if it causes problems for you, unless you have looked at your log file after such a problem and see some error traces, in which case please share the log file.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”