MFH Mod (FoFiX) 3.0xx (v3.030) (OLD)

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
The Photoshop Wizard
kristijan_mkd

Postby kristijan_mkd » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:12 pm

@lvl4573r

I didn't say. HEY PLZ PLZ PLZ DRUMS SOLOO IN MFH ! -.- ... I answered J-Man, and gave an idea, i'm not a coder , i'm a graphic modder. And if you're such a smartass , what you have done for any mods, themes or something else ?... *Silence* .. So s h u t t h e f * c k up ! :angry:
lnkk

Postby lnkk » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:59 pm

i'd like to see drum solos as the guitar solos works, since rb2 is using the same system of guitar solos for drum solos, probably not that hard to implement.

I'll take a look in the drum solos sections.
snowspire

Postby snowspire » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:58 pm

Hurray for Inkk :D LET THERE BE DRUMSOLOS :p
Image At last!!! My RB instruments are here!!!
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:28 pm

myfingershurt wrote:++Relocating several inappropriate sections of code from the render() function to the run() function - so they are no longer dependant on video framerate:
++++Move missed starpower note detection
++++Move rockmeter tracking logic
++++Move killswitch processing logic
++++Move spinning star rotation angle calculation / update

Nice, if you want some help you can focus on some things and I'll focus on the other stuff. This way it could get done faster.
doorknob60

Postby doorknob60 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:34 pm

evilynux wrote:@doorknob60: I'll be happy to add your PKGBUILD but you got me confused... does it work or not!?

It works, just not on my main box (your download does the same thing). It works fine on my brother's computer with Arch, and it used to work on my main one before I reinstalled Arch on it to try to fix a Java+OpenGL issue. My pkgbuild is simply your binary uploaded to a host that supports hotlinking and only includes Rock Band 1 theme to save download time, space, and bandwidth.

EDIT: Hmm, when I said I could ping myself, I was pingin 127.0.0.1, look what happens when I ping localhost. Looks like an OpenDNS problem after all, I'll take a look at the settings for that (I'm assuming that's why it's not working, maybe disconnecting from the internet could also help).

Code: Select all

[austin@austin ~]$ ping localhost
PING localhost.Belkin (208.67.219.132) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from hit-nxdomain.opendns.com (208.67.219.132): icmp_seq=1 ttl=50 time=36.3 ms
64 bytes from hit-nxdomain.opendns.com (208.67.219.132): icmp_seq=2 ttl=50 time=31.0 ms
64 bytes from hit-nxdomain.opendns.com (208.67.219.132): icmp_seq=3 ttl=50 time=31.3 ms
64 bytes from hit-nxdomain.opendns.com (208.67.219.132): icmp_seq=4 ttl=50 time=31.7 ms
64 bytes from hit-nxdomain.opendns.com (208.67.219.132): icmp_seq=5 ttl=50 time=28.9 ms
^C
--- localhost.Belkin ping statistics ---
5 packets transmitted, 5 received, 0% packet loss, time 4015ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 28.915/31.880/36.330/2.438 ms
[austin@austin ~]$

Hmm, when I disable my internet, I can't ping localhost (I'm normally supposed to be able to, right?) and get this error:

Code: Select all

gaierror: (-3, 'Temporary failure in name resolution')

Anyways, is there a way to totally disable it needing any network configuration of any kind? It looks like soething's screwing around with it.

YAY FIXED! Simply added this line to my /etc/hosts file
127.0.0.1 localhost

This was already there from setup, but it didn't quite do the trick
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain austin

Anyways, I'm happy now and now I'm fully sure my PKGBUILD works (I'm updating to 3.015-4.1 soon, someone's volunteering to host it for me so as soon as they upload it)
Last edited by doorknob60 on Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My FoF Videos: Click!
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:37 pm

KrazzyKlown wrote:Is there anyway that a bass.dae file support could be added so that drums could look better in 3d?

Already exists. Except it's to be called "open.dae"
There just aren't many "open.dae" files floating around. I'm pretty sure blazingamer made one, but other than that I'm not sure.

BTW - MFH-Alarian.com is still down and these forums are going to go offline soon :(
Last edited by death_au on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dunoky

Postby Dunoky » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:12 pm

Just the best mod, no way man u're the best!
thank you ;D
Retired Fretter
tyros

Postby tyros » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:08 am

Other unresolved / reported issues:
-Sometimes, the game will start with fonts displayed all incorrectly. It has been this way for a long time. Just exit and restart.

Did anybody find a solution to this problem? I usually use GH3 theme and sometimes the game will start with incredibly big font size so it's impossible to see all the options in the Settings menu. And just restarting doesn't work, I have to switch to another theme, switch back to GH3 and then it works. So far, I've seen it happen only in GH3 theme, don't know about the others cuz I'm not using them that much
evilynux

Postby evilynux » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:24 am

@tyros: I'm quite sure i've fixed this in our Subversion repository, that will be fixed in next patch/release.
In the mean time, if you are familiar with modifying code, i can either link you a diff patch or the modified file.

Edit:
Diff patch:
http://organact.mine.nu/cgi-bin....=7&r2=8
File:
http://organact.mine.nu/cgi-bin....ision=8

@Translators: Always get the latest and greatest template at:
http://organact.mine.nu/viewvc/MFH-Mod/trunk/src/messages.pot
Last edited by evilynux on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
>Slash666<

Postby >Slash666< » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:45 am

Just wanted to tell you that my new GFX has been moved here.
How do you get member rating? PM me if you aren't too lazy:)
Check out my editor, gameresults and pause graphics, and my Slash neck compilation. Fixed versions of editor and gameresults screen are here.
Azzco

Re: MFH Mod 3.0xx - 3.0 and patches here!

Postby Azzco » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:41 am

Small feature wish:
Reply from score host(s) so that you know if your score got uploaded or not. I'm quite sure Divra would be happy to implement a small reply stating what place you earned with the score or if the score was to low or something like that. I'm experiment with score uploading a bit myself and just thought it would be a nice feature.
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
Divra

Postby Divra » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:03 am

Azzco wrote:Small feature wish:
Reply from score host(s) so that you know if your score got uploaded or not. I'm quite sure Divra would be happy to implement a small reply stating what place you earned with the score or if the score was to low or something like that. I'm experiment with score uploading a bit myself and just thought it would be a nice feature.

Funny, because I was thinking about ways to improve the uploading and remembered that .512 has something like this. If it doesn't get a reply starting with "True;", it will say the upload failed. If there's a number after, that's displayed as the position on the charts.
I think there could be some more error reporting here, like "score is too low" (like you said) or something else.
Maybe support for a username/password too, if someone wants to make charts where you have to register...
Charts (Down as of November 25th)
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:57 pm

Neat new PHPBB interface - had to fix up some of my development post formatting, but it's acceptable for now.

Here's 3.017 for those of you that haven't been paying attention to the first post edits or the KOF post:

--------------------------------
[b]Version 3.017 "Fail Detection Fix" - (10/16/2008, 4:00pm PST) - (SVN rev 39 / tag 3.017) --
Patch mediafire download -- ugo's full installer megaupload
New since 3.016:
++Rewrote fail detection logic in GuitarScene.run() function to not be hardcoded for 2 players, to be compatible with future expansion
++Recompiled library.zip and FretsOnFire.exe from sources

It would be good to add a response to the game to let you know if:
1) your score uploaded successfully
and 2) your score was high enough to rank, or was too low to bother with

I'll look into this for the next patch; I'll have to see what kind of response the score chart provides and do something with it.
Jack of all Trades
BlackJack

Argh.

Postby BlackJack » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:02 pm

Due to the recent forum change, here's the new link for my past and future translations.
And here's the one for Alexfighter's Spanish translation.
Eze_2k

Postby Eze_2k » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:32 pm

Guitar Accuracy Pos:Center = CRASH

with patch 3.016
Pardon my crappy english
Songs:
Megaman 3 - Snake man
Megaman 3 - Boss

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”