X-X-X Bowstars Animated Backgrounds X-X-X

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 8 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Re: X-X-X Bowstars Animated Backgrounds X-X-X

Postby death_au » Sun May 24, 2009 3:02 am

shadow8136 wrote:Oh...Okay I get it.
Here's the REAL tutorial.

No offence, but I find those instructions hard to understand (and I know exactly what I'm doing)

I tried to break it down really simply. Here's my version:
  1. Download whichever background you want (download will most likely be in .zip or .rar format)
  2. Extract the archive using a program such as WinRAR. You should end up with a folder that has many png files inside.
  3. Rename the folder to something that you will remember (for example for the "Blue Light Tunnel #1" background, rename the folder to "Blue Light Tunnel").
  4. Copy or move this folder into the "stages" folder of the theme you wish to use. For example, if you are using the Guitar Hero 3 theme, you may need to copy the folder to "<path to FoFiX>\data\themes\Guitar Hero 3\stages\"
  5. Repeat all above steps for other animated stages you wish to use.
  6. Start FoFiX, and switch to the theme that has the background(s) you installed. In the example above, that would be the Guitar Hero 3 theme.
  7. For later versions of FoFiX, activate "Show Advanced Options" if not already done.
  8. In FoFiX options, choose "Display Settings > Stages Options" (note that in the Guitar Hero 3 theme and some others, "Display Settings" may be known as "Graphics")
  9. Change "Animated Stage" from Slideshow, to whatever you named the folder of your animated background.
  10. Change "Stage Selection" to anything other than "Blank", "Stage Animation" to "In Order" (or as otherwise specified for the background you downloaded. Check the first post), and "Animation Delay" to whatever is specified on the first post for the background(s) you are using.

And that should be it. Animated backgrounds, simple instructions (I hope)

If you then try to play a song and FoFiX freezes or crashes (and worked immediately before adding the background) then there may be something wrong with the background and you can ask for more troubleshooting (post your fretsonfire.log/fofix.log so WE have more info). In the meantime, turn the "Animated Stage" setting back to "Slideshow" to prevent further crashing.

P.S. If you get the error that shadow8136 posted above (No such file or directory: 'data\\songs\\NAMEOFYOURSONG\\background.png'), this can be resolved by turning "Song Stage" to "Off"
StrungOut

Postby StrungOut » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:29 pm

Hey bowstar! I need your help. When I try to load a song with the settings you posted, it freezes up in the loading screen. Is that just me, or is there something wrong?

EDIT: Never mind! I fixed it! One of the picture files was glitched. Look into fretsonfire.txt! It's a log that will tell you what error occured. It's very useful.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:08 pm

StrungOut wrote:EDIT: Never mind! I fixed it! One of the picture files was glitched. Look into fretsonfire.txt! It's a log that will tell you what error occured. It's very useful.

fretsonfire.log
Always good advice though. :thumbup:
Leoking57

Postby Leoking57 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:28 pm

I must sound like an idiot, but how do you put these on? Do I have to delete all of my other stages for this one? Thanks for helping the noob :laugh:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30195
get some quality music on your FoF, gringo!
Daniel78

Postby Daniel78 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:11 pm

hi everyboy.
great job!

but i got this problem. when the song starts and the first note needs to be played its freezes the background. tha games still run ok but the background not.

how can i resolve that? help.

pd: sprry my english.

daniel.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:06 am

There's settings in FoFiX somewhere for "miss pauses animation" (or something similar). If this is on and you miss a note, the animation pauses until you hit a note correctly.
Daniel78

Postby Daniel78 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:31 pm

death_au wrote:There's settings in FoFiX somewhere for "miss pauses animation" (or something similar). If this is on and you miss a note, the animation pauses until you hit a note correctly.

thanks thanks and thanks! that help me!
guitar guy 1999

Postby guitar guy 1999 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:40 pm

you have awsome backrounds bowstar can you make a backround of this
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/swawawa/bannersketch.png[/img]
supersam7

Postby supersam7 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:27 pm

do you just drag the folder in stages?
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:54 pm

supersam7 wrote:do you just drag the folder in stages?

It has to be in .png format.
ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:59 pm

supersam7 wrote:do you just drag the folder in stages?

yeah. So you will have a folder like:
themes/<theme name>/stages/<animated bg name>/Stage001.png (etc)
Then you have to go to your graphical options within FoFiX and turn the animated stage on.
There's all the steps required a few posts above yours
Heromic

Postby Heromic » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:10 am

Hello, Bowstars, when i downloaded and installed the #1 Blue light tunnel, the game never passed the loading music menu, so i search for the problem, and noticed the 'stage63.png' is named as 'stage63.PNG', in capital letter for the png. when i rename it to stage63.png the music loaded normally. if it was really this problem you could write an recommendation on the download description or upload again with the filed named properly. if not, it was just with mine xD
(aah, very beautiful looking stages by the way \o/ )
nanuk

Postby nanuk » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:48 pm

will be cool if we could use your web cam as backgroud to see ourself play
Welcome To Drum Town
butthurt :'(
stashincash06

Postby stashincash06 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:57 am

bowstar one of your animated stages is in my theme do you mind? I gave you credit. But if you do mind ill update the theme with none of your stage pictures. :thumbup:
bowstar

Postby bowstar » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:56 am

stashincash06 wrote:bowstar one of your animated stages is in my theme do you mind? I gave you credit. But if you do mind ill update the theme with none of your stage pictures. :thumbup:

I don't mind at all!!! :2thumbsup:

And I knew about the .png .PNG thing but I'm not going to mess with re uploading any of the stages. It's an easy fix and if you read through some of these posts it explained it. And if you just read this then and you are having a problem with it loading....look for a file that is .PNG and change to .png....simple.

I haven't been on the forums in some time...even before it went down. Have they got videos to work in the game yet?!?!? I'm all done making these animated backgrounds so what you see is what you get from me! I hope you all still enjoy :thumbup:
Thanks to everyone who contributes to this game and makes it what it is! Much love for doing what you do!!!
XxXxXxXxXx My Kick A$$ Animated Backgrounds xXxXxXxXxX
Zombie Mod for 1.2.451

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”